DentaQuest / lack of service, denial of coverage, inept

1 6006 29th Ave WBradenton, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: (631) 324-3991

I am a 65 year old man, on Medicare and with Dentaquest (through the Affordable Care Act). I would like to say that Dentaquest is running a fraud on the people of Florida. I have been misdirected by their telephone customer service multiple times, denied payment for services after they first approved services, and been a victim of deceptive practices. Dentaquest should be prevented from doing this to others.

To begin with, the Telephone Customer Line has an average wait time of 47 minutes (according to the 9 call I placed.) This is unacceptable.

The website is difficult and clutzy. It hides paths to information and makes it difficult to navigate, often leading back to the same page. It often refuses to accept my logon ID and other times does. In short, it is a pain in the ###. So I call the help line.

I called the help line last year. I had an emergency, my lower bridge broke and I needed immediate care. The Consumer line gave me a dentist within 10 miles. I called this dentist and they said they were no longer associated with Dentaquest. I called Dentaquest back (and waited another 45 minutes). They just brushed it off and gave me another dentist, Elizabeth Perez Diaz, DMD at Oneco Dental in Bradenton, Fl. I got an appointment. She needed to do immediate surgury. Her office called DentaQuest and the work was approved. Follow-up appointments were necessary and further appointments to make upper and lower dentures were ordered. Again, Dentaquest approved the work..

After the work was completed and my mouth was okay, Dentaquest informed the doctor that they would not pay the claim. The reason was that I hadn't been on the rolls One Year and that I owed the dentist $3500.00 I complained to Dentaquest and was informed that this information was on the web site and I should have seen it. I went beck to the website and scoured it for this clause. I found it deep in the site as a photo caption under a graphic, written in a smaller typeface. The Doctor tried to get them to change their mind but they wouldn't back down. In short, I worked out a payment fee with Dr. Perez Diaz and settled my bill.

I stayed with Dentaquest because there was no other choice. The Affordable Care Act offers no other dental insurance company in Florida.

No, I need a relining of the lower denture, it is too loose. I tried to find a dentist on their website. No luck as the website through me offline several times. I called the Dentaquest Customer Support (after a wait of 45 minutes) and got a dentist in Sarastota who, they said, was accepting new patients. I called the dentist. I was told that they were no longer in the Dentaquest network and were not taking new patients.

Today, I called Dentaquest again. After waiting 30 minutes, I was disconnected. I called again and this time, waited 52 minutes before Customer Service connected. This time they gave me a dentist in Tampa, about an hour away. I called this dentist and was told they do not accept DentaQuest any longer either.

What do I need them for? I get a monthly bill from them and they do nothing for me? They deny payaments that they already approved. Their Customer Service Line misleads customers and sends them in circles. They either have not enough Customer Service people or intentionally mislead through a database which is not kept up to date.

I called them one more time, this time to complain about their lack of service. I was told, "Do you want to discontinue membership?" as the only option. I asked to speak to a manager. I was told "He's busy." I have had enough. I am dropping the policy. What else can I do? Is there some way to prevent this scam and hold them accountable?

Richard Arfin
6006 29th Ave. W
Bradenton, Fl 34209
[protected]

Ri
Mar 17, 2015

Comments

• Ms
      11th of Oct, 2018

That's sad I'm going through similar something must be done