DentalWorks of Greenfield, WI (7995 W Layton Blvd) / hipaa violation on billing of family members over 18

1 Greenfield, WI, United States

My children emancipated from our family when they turned 18 years of age, but I still provide dental insurance coverage for them. According to HIPPA, medical and dental providers should have them listed under their own medical accounts to preserve privacy and make them accountable for their own expenses as an adult. However, according to HIPAA, they can still be carried under the parent's insurance until they are 26 years of age, but are responsible for their own expenses.

DentalWorks of Greenfield still associates the expenses of my emancipated, over 18 years of age children on my account, under my SSN. On 08/14/2019, Dentalworks said that I signed an agreement that I would still pay for their expenses, but that was back when they were children, less than 18 years of age.

In December of 2017, I specifically told DentalWorks that both of my children should be on their own account, and believe they were setup that way, as they gave my son, Michael Edward Scarbrough, who was 18 at the time, his own clipboard to collect his personal information.

On 07/06/2018, I received a dental bill under my name & account number, 463699, for my son's dental expenses for $84.20. I would like DentalWorks to clear my account and move my son's dental expenses to his own account.

Mj