Dell Computers / please speak english

Phone: 956-425-7924

This is not so much a complaint as it is a tip for those trying to deal with tech support in India. First of all, I have had some very good tech experiences with Dell in the past. Since they moved tech support to India, it has all gone down hill. The representatives are reading from a screen and most do not really understand computers well. One of the biggest problems is that you can't understand them.

However, this is easy to solve. Tell them you want to talk to someone who speaks English and they will transfer you to support here in the United States. Many of these folks know what they are doing. Hope this helps someone.

Comments

• Ro
      29th of Oct, 2008

I had the same problem with Dell. I was asked to give them my service tag number and when they saw that it was still in service. I asked do I was to pay an extra $18.00 to speak with an American? Dell is a rip off computer company and if all people stop buying their crap computer they will go out of business. To make matter worse, when then sent me the replacement part it was recondition. That means someone else had this HD and they think its ok to send it out. Now when you buy a new Dell they will ask you do you want extra or extended service for the product, but when you call you will someone from India.