Dell / poor quality product!

United States Review updated:
I am writing because of the poor service behalf of dell. I brought a laptop in 2004. In January of 2007 I had to send my laptop back due to many problems. When expecting my laptop back in February 2007, I noticed I never received it. This is because Dell had sent it through DHL and they had lost my laptop on the way to my house. Therefore Dell was responsible for losing my laptop. Dell then sent me a used laptop three months later. This laptop was sent back only to be replaced with another used laptop that was not working. Finally I was sent another laptop which now after a month worth of use, this laptop is not working as well. I have contacted Dell many times for my money or exchange for a new one but no one will help me. I have also spent hours on the phone with technical support and customer support only to find out that they are no help as well. I’ve been through hell with this company in the past ten months. This is the worst customer service ever. No one will help me or call me back. I spent thousands of dollars on their products to only end up with crap.

Beware!
J

Comments

Ju
  31st of Jan, 2008
This is the letter I sent with no results except a phone call apologizing that they (DELL) can't do anything...I also forwarded a complaint to the Attorney Generals' Office in D.C.

JUDY PERRONE, CMA RMA

Round Rock, Texas 78682

RE: Inferior Products
Customer service

Dear Mr. Dell:

The purchase of a Dell laptop has been one of the most stressful if not worse investments I ever made.

After spending hours on top of hours and not to mention numerous emails with your customer service over the past 3 years in reference to a Dell Inspiron 5120 laptop, I purchased in 2004, I felt it was necessary to make and take the time out of my busy schedule to inform you of what is going on with your products. The dilemma is where to start.

Let’s start from the ordering process:

1. Marketing stated no interest/ no payment for one year. False. After tedious hours of arguing with your customer service, it took a class action against Dell to resolve the problem. Not a good thing!

2. The unit was ordered with an internal wireless unit. Never put in. When I called to complain…your customer service told me to go out and buy a key and they would reimburse me. Again, after hours of arguing, they sent me an external key. Not what I wanted, never worked properly and very delicate. Not what I paid for from the beginning.

3. The wall adapter would get extremely hot. My significant other is a firefighter and he feared that that the unit would start a fire. Your customer service refused to replace the defective unit…so we replaced it ourselves out of fear.

4. I then had problems trying to connect to my wireless internet. After speaking with Linkys…they determined that it was a Dell problem. Again it took endless hours to repair the problem…just to try to get someone that we could comprehend on the phone was very trying.

5. In April of 2007, the unit would not hold a charge. Again, after many trying phone calls and the costly replacement of a new battery and again another adapter, the unit had to be returned to Dell, and we finally received authorization. Please reference attached work order. The unit was returned.

6. About a month ago, the problem reappeared. I try to explain this in an email to your customer service to no satisfaction. I tried to call but I do not have the time to hold on forever to your customer service lines. Waiting times of at least 15 minutes. Doesn’t indicate a good thing. That many problems!!!!!
7. I took the unit to a local Circuit City. Lo and behold there were four other Dell Laptops experiencing the same problem. The Firedogs checked out my unit. It was determined that it is an inherent problem. The same exact problem as before.

8. I phoned your customer service today. To no avail they won’t replace the unit because the warranty expired 9/30.07. I became very angry and tried to explain to this robotic person on the other end…that the problem is inherent and the same as in May. It was never repaired properly. He “David” very insultingly tried to convince that parts don’t go bad in 6 months. Baloney!!!!! It was probably a refurbished part in the first place!!!! New Jersey Lemon Law applies to products as well as cars.

9. I asked to speak to his supervisor and all he could repeat was that the unit was not under warranty. I know that and if the problem had originally happened after the expired warranty there would not have been a problem now. I just would never replace it with another Dell.

10. “David” informed he that there is no one higher than him. I laughed and asked if he was Mr. Dell. I asked for the corporate office…he informed than that there weren’t any. Imagine that!!!

11. He said he would have the “executive office” phone me. I almost believe that!

Needless to say, I am frustrated, disgusted and want the unit replaced.

Everything that you list on your customer commitment has been totally negated. It is most unfortunate that I know at least ten people that have had the same problems with Dell units, customer service and satisfaction.

I would apologize for contacting you personally but I can’t. It is very hard to communicate with people (your customer service) whose verbal skills do not meet the standards of Americans.

Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration to this matter.

Yours truly,