Del Tacodel taco #0324 claudia, police, called a fraud!!!

Hi my name is Marc Mulvaney, im 44 years old. I don't have a criminal record. I'm a entrepreneur and I'm very friendly! I eat at DT 1-2 a day without fail, I love it! About 8 days ago we visited DT #0324 on Sahara Ave in LV, we had filled out a survey about 3-4 weeks before we left for Costa Rica. At the time we didn't save the receipt instead we saved a Screenshot. Upon our return to Las Vegas I excitedly headed to my nearest DT from our new office. Claudia the shift manager was working and told us in a very mean tone that we can't use a Screenshot to redeem the dollar discount and asked us what we were trying to pull as the Screenshot was dated, she insisted she knew what we were up too he cause the date of the Screenshot was old in her opinion. A little bit confused we explained we had made a Screenshot because we had no pen at the time. Obviously it wasn't older than 60 days as we were only 3 weeks in Costa Rica. Anyhow it wasn't an issue, we didn't get the discount and that was understandable why. I had fries with my order and Claudia took the last of the fries under the heat lamp and got the chef to reheat them. He even said "reheat!?" Should I not put fill them up? So he reheated the old fries for about 30 seconds and she gave us a rather empty large portion of fries, to which I replied, can I have fresh fries instead? She refused and we just accepted and on we went to eat. Her Co-worker on the shift witnessed the situation and came out with fresh fries and apologised for her rudeness. We filled out a detailed review on the del taco website at how her service was unfriendly and also how professional he handled everything. Anyway once in the car we took the code from the Screenshot we saved and applied it on to our new receipt as I had just made the online review minutes before and not saved the coupon code. So a week forward, hence this evening we enter in to the same DT #0324 and Claudia the shift manager is working once again. I give my order and my wife hands her the filled out receipt. She immediately tells us its not valid and that we're frauds in front of other guests! Then starts speaking Spanish to her coworker high enough for the latino guests to understand and stare. I immediately get angry as I have 25 employees and I ask her to give me the number of her boss. She refuses and instead calls the police and tells them we are harassing her. We ask a coworker if he could give us information on how to reach a general manager and as he is about to tell us as even he is shaking is head at her, she tells him to not answer us and move away or he shall lose his job. Literally in her own words she tells him, "im warning you, dont speak with them and move over there or it will have consequences!" Then this rude lady takes out her phone and takes photos of us!!! calls her boss, and clearly lies right in front of us, once again calling us scammers! Now I love DT and yes I like giving honest reviews, it's important to know what mistakes need to be changed. I'm a major shareholder in a 24mil dollar cooperation, we sell to the public too and customer relations can make or break a business. So knowing the mistakes and what things the customers like is A&O. Hence the dollar coupon is a considerable amount of money as 70% might just fill out the survey generically leaving you with zero data to work with.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Las Vegas, NVSo I am aware that real data might cost a lot more than $1 in turnover and that is why I like to be detailed with companies I like! Anyhow, back to Claudia... I understand she is trained to compare the code with the 15 digit survey and we understood very clearly that the discount code we had made weeks before did not match the receipt we gave her. But out of all the employees we could ever meet, she even clearly remembered telling us it must be written on the receipt. Which is exactly what my wife did!!! We wrote the code we had made earlier and placed it on the receipt she gave us weeks later. We tried to respond to her loud insults friendly but naturally in a tempered tone, and also showed the police the saved Screenshot and the code she told us to write on the receipt just a week earlier! But she wouldn't listen and when she was telling the story to her boss on the phone we heard her again claim we were scammers!!! She also told the officer that we were frauds! Dear Del Taco, I'm not worried about 1 dollar, we had just bought a bottle of 2013 Opus One for 333$ 20 minutes before. But I get very very annoyed when a shift manager thinks she has power. Power to insult me and my wife, calling us frauds in front of guests, repeating it to her boss and saying things loud in Spanish that I couldn't understand. That annoys me immensely. It disturbs me that a shift manager isn't trained to understand customer is king. I mean I'm a 44 year old respectable human being. I've just paid over 500k to move to the USA, I'm not some uneducated thug looking for trouble. Having my office close to the strip and just a few minutes from a Del Taco was exciting for me, it sounds corny but if you do a search for cardpayments you will see I really do eat at DT daily. Now I'm not on the lookout for anything free, I'd prefer to be served with a smile, and enjoy my simple bean burritos without cheese. I just want to wind down and relax after work or during lunch. I don't want to be called a fraud and have some gone wild shift manager call the police on me. I personally was in the gastro business for 12 years and I would definitely take her out of her position to re-school her! She should not be in control of her coworkers telling them not to name the manager or tell me when I can contact that person. She shouldn't lie to anyone period, that is an absolute no no. Because she is a shift manager and she was the woman who even told us a week before to write the number on the receipt, she should have known that the code might not have matched the receipt and was the code from the Screenshot we showed her a week before. She would have known it if she had listened to just one word instead of blocking everything we said. It wouldn't have been difficult. And she even could have said, ah is that the code from the Screenshot you showed me last week? Or asked us even to redo the review. There were plenty of options apart from calling us frauds and speaking loud Spanish. I'm totally disappointed and yes I would like to see some action done about this before I take action myself. I want to be able to eat in my local del taco when I feel like it and I want my experience to he fun and friendly. I would definitely like a follow up and I shall invest time if needed and take further action if I get no response. You can contact me at [protected] till Saturday after that I'm on a 4 week trip to Europe for vacation or preferably send an email to [protected]@gmail.com. I thank you for your time and hope to clear things up as soon as possible.
Kind regards
Marc Mulvaney

Ma
May 18, 2017

Comments

•   May 18, 2017

It's not a good idea to post your personal contact information on this very public website. I don't think Del Taco Corporate monitors this site, so you will need to contact them directly.