Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa / oven element that is expanding but i'm told to pay for call out fee and repairs
In 2011 I bought a Deft Compact Stove, this stove is used 3 times a week at the most. recently I have noticed that the Stove makes funny noise when the oven is in use, it is then that I noticed the element is budging.
Today 2017/06/22 I made a call to The National Call centre and I spoke with Misha who informed me that I need to log a fault where a Technician will come and look at the stove at a charge of R450.00 and thereafter another charge for each 30 min. And she advised me to call the Durban office where I spoke to Caffin or Kevin who informed me that I should call the National office and log a faulty and also expect to pay for services that will be rendered.
I'm afraid that my house can go on fire as this stove is now a hazard to my family. I don't understand why I should be paying for the factory fault simple because the stove is not under warranty anymore.
I feel that I am being ripped off by Defy as they know that they are no longer manufacturing durable products. Obviously my stove would not last forever
More Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa Complaints & Reviews
- Defy Appliance - job 5121148 
- Defy - freezer/fridge double door 
- Defy - double door fridge/freezer rust inside
- Defy Eye - Level Oven - glass in oven door shattered 
- Defy Refrigerator - paint coming off
- Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa - cooker extractor
- Defy - thermofan oven 
- Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa - fridge
- Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa - f740 fridge freezer
- Defy Appliances / Defy South Africa - replacement of fridge/freezer dac 423 serial number 1810813404