Decorplanet.com / Be very careful of this company

Decorplanet carries some really modern and stylish vanities, sinks, toilets, etc. Beats the bog standard home depot/lowes fixtures. However, their service and willingness to stand behind what they sell is awful. We bought a toilet, a vanity, sink, faucet and a shower set. The mirror on the vanity was chipped when it arrived. When I called them, they said can't take responsibility because we didn't call them within 24 hours - the guy was actually pretty rude. They said they'll replace it for $85!!! The faucet for the sink was also defective - it was leaking. So, I went to their showroom in Brooklyn to get both things replaced. I got the vanity mirror. On the faucet, I heard a long story about how my contractor must not know what he's doing because he broke the seal on the lines going into the faucet. Anyway, he gave me new lines but the same faucet and assured me it will work. Needless to say when i got home it was still leaking. I ended up going to home depot and getting another faucet because I didn't have time for another trip to Brooklyn to get another faulty faucet.

Be very careful of this company. As I said, they do carry stylish stuff but they'll try to get rid of broken/faulty merchandise by sending it to you and then blaming you for it. One small example, the chipped vanity mirror that I returned wasn't thrown away. They mounted it on a display vanity in the showroom, no doubt for it be shipped to another unsuspecting customer.

Comments

• Ve
      17th of Nov, 2011
    Decorplanet.com - It took more than 6 months to get our "in stock" bathroom vanity
    Decorplanet.com
    decorplanet.com

It took more than 6 months to get our "in stock" bathroom vanity. I spent more then ten hours on hold over that period.

• Fr
      8th of Sep, 2012
    Decor Planet - terrible customer service
    Decor planet
    Brooklyn
    New York
    decorplanet.com

The Level of rudeness that we have experienced is just unbelievable ( their Brooklyn store location). We had an encounter with one of their staff members there, the older guy with a beard, didn't ask him his name unfortunately. Rude, rude, rude. SHOCKINGLY RUDE.
    Also the mirrored medicine cabinet was chipped on each side and mirrors got replaces but they were so rude to us and acted like they were doing us a favor with unrepeatable comments and remarks.

31st of Aug, 2013

The worst experience I have had with a vendor since I have been alive. Avoid Alliona - if she offers to help you if you called. Hang up!! Trust me. I would not recommend this place to anyone at this point. After doing thousands of dollars worth of business with Vladimir purchasing 3 beautiful vanities for a wonderful remodel in Abilene., I needed commodes. Got Ali - asked for Vladimir, but he was unavailable and I was nieve about shipping. Décor misclassifies merchandise to save shipping costs and the carrier may or may not know it depending on his intergrity. Their return policy never mentions putting the merchandise on a palet for the shipper to pick up. In my case Ali labeled the commodes I purchased and had to return as a vanity to save shipping costs. Once the shipper arrived in Abilene and contacted me, the carrier was told she was picking up a vanity and not commodes. I asked if she had the correct address. She did, would not pick up the commodes. Décor says because t he commodes were not on a palet. That is a lie. Southwest Chase and MasterCard World said the practice was dishonest and is misinforming to an unsuspecting consumer. I was never instructed to pout the commodes on a palet until Ali told me "since you informed the shipper they were commodes" putting the blame on me. Décor has my commodes and my money. Avoid Décor Planet there are great places in Dallas and if you do deal with Décor make sure you get everything in writing in person and do not at any cost purchase anything from Décor on-line. TRUST ME!

Decor Planet - Return Policiy
    Decor Planet
    Brooklyyn
    New York

Purchased three commodes from Décor Planet that were too small. Had to return them. Alliona sales rep to avoid quoted me 185.00 plus 20% restocking fee and she would be sending out a shipping label. I had nine pieces 3 tanks, 3 basins, 3 toilet seats. I was told the shipper would call once she got into Abilene to pick up the commodes. Décor classified the commodes as a vanity and tto save shipping costs. and the shipper was unaware of this. The shipper called my home and said she was here to pick up a vanity. She didn't know that décor had misclassified the merchandise to save themselves shipping costs. She refused to pick up the vanities which was a wise decision on her part. This was in March 2013, Ali told me herself that since I had informed the shipper that they were commodes the return fee was going to be much higher. I denounced the dishonesty. Ali then jumps to find out how to reduce my shipping charge. There were several options...I was confused at this point and furious for being blame for Decor's processes. I returned the commoded through Fed X and watched the fed x rep restock, pack, tape and retape Decor's commodes. Tracking #'s show Décor received my merchandise. No contact from Décor from that point on. I do not have a refund and I do not have the commodes. Now Décor says it was because I didn't put them on a palet. I agreed to do so, but not until the shipper got there to protect Decor's merchandise from theft. They are not to be trusted. Don't do any on-line business with them especially if you are out of state. Just don't do it.

31st of Aug, 2013

Do not buy from Décor Planet out of state or on-line. The likely hood of a return is about 80% because they do send out defective merchandise and give you hell with returns. Do not ever use their carrier for a return. Use your own carrier get the tracking #'s and give them to your attorney or someone you know well with what's being returned. Take photographs. Décor Planet will attempt to use your tracking #'s as their own claim. Fed X is excellent. They will not honor anyone's claim accept the shipper. Do not use their shipper. You give up your rights at that point. TRUST ME! I have just gone through a horrible hellish experience with this scam company.

• Sh
      23rd of May, 2015

My experience with Decor Planet has been complete nightmare. The vanity we bought took 10 days to arrive when they said two days. Then it came without the sink which took another five days to arrive. Then when I was ready to hang the medicine cabinet I ordered I opened the box and there was a mirror inside. No telling how long it will take to get my correct product.
    I order tiles and was told they would come in two days, they took a week, Then I order more tiles since there were not enough in the order and was told they would arrive last Monday, it is now Saturday and I do not know when they will arrive.
    You cannot reach anyone in the show rooms. Customer service is a much better bet.
    On top of everything, they only offer curb side delivery which both of the salesmen failed to mention. So when the first things finally arrived, which were very heavy tiles, my husband had to carry them upstairs. Two guys on the truck even refused to put them inside the apartment building door which was ten feet from their truck. When I complained, they said I could have paid $150 for having them brought inside. The salesmen also failed to mention this.
    I would NEVER shop at Decor Planet again. I regret shopping there and would warn anyone considering them to run the other way. After reading the other reviews i will be on the lookout for defects as well. Truly unbelievable,

16th of Sep, 2015

i ordered and paid in full for 4 custom made doors on may 11, 2015. i was told it would take 6-11 weeks for the doors. as of today it is 18 and one half weeks and i have no doors. any promises that have been made have been false. for example i was promised the doors would be in on aug 31st after the first delivery date was missed. that never happened. then they were supposed to be delivered last week. that never happened. all communication has been initiated by me, no one reaches out to me. call backs from the salesperson don't happen. i understand mistakes happen, but this is such a ridiculous situation and it seems my only recourse is to file a claim and take them to court.

• Although it took a lengthy period of time, the situation was resolved to my satisfaction and I will be purchasing more items from DecorPlanet.

• Ps
      4th of Aug, 2018

I do want to say the vanity & mirror were nice but the vanity top was horrible. I ordered this directly from Decor Planet.com on May 28, 2018. After getting a lot of excuses about my shipment it finally arrived on June 26, 2018. The top had 100's of gouges, scratches & chips. The drain hole had been chipped & repaired. I sent photos to DecorPlanet.com. They said to destroy it & they would send one that wasn't damaged. On July 23, 2018 I was told they shipped the top. We inspected the new top & it was damaged also, so I did not accept it. I called DecorPlanet & told them I did not want to wait another month for them to send a top that was actually new & didn't look like it had been used & terribly abused so I just wanted a refund. They said ok ( I thought that it was strange that they agreed to this so easily. I guess this is a way to get extra money. I paid $570 for the top. They refunded $493 to my credit card that I had been paying interest on since May 29, 2018. That is $77 short for WHAT?? It was not my fault they sent me unacceptable damaged merchandise. Also BUYER BEWARE it is very hard to get a vanity top to fit the vanity that is not James Martin because they are off standard size about 1.5" in depth. I now own a vanity with no top. Would NEVER do business with this company again!!

• El
      16th of Oct, 2018
    Decorplanet - Mirror

Horrible!
    Customer service sucks ! Order mirror wait extra TWO weeks ! received WRONG ! Picture and descriptions do not matching! Wait for too week before pick up! Week after still NOT received refund. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY!

• Le
      18th of Jan, 2019

Return process expensive, antiquated and SLOW!!!

I somehow ordered a ceiling mount shower head instead of a wall mount, so I called the day after I placed the order but it was too late to change it. I was told I would get the refund faster if I accepted the package and used their label to return it instead of refusing delivery. It cost me $16 to use their label, I didn't get a fast refund at all, it took around 6 weeks to get the refund, and I had to pay a 15% restocking fee, even though I ordered the wall mount to replace the ceiling mount. So all told it cost me $40 to return a $140 purchase. I will NEVER buy from this company again!!!