DecorMyEyes/Sunglasses / sunglass repair

NY, United States Review updated:

I called to check if they had the glasses that I saw online...was told yes, exactly the ones that I saw. I ordered them and paid $170 with my credit card. Shortly thereafter, I was emailed and said that the one pair of glasses I ordered was broken, they didn't have any more. They said I could send in MY broken glasses(the ones I was trying to replace)and they would repair them within 10 days and refund the difference of the repair price and the original order. That was the last week of November 2009. Now it is May 1, 2010 and I still don't have my repaired glasses OR my $170. Every time I email or call, the only information I get is that they are still in the repair shop and they don't know anything about them. In my last email I finally requested that they send back my broken glasses AND my $170. Needless to say, I have not heard a word from them since. I have been without my money or my glasses for 5 full months now. The ironic part is they actually claim they have a "customer service" policy...where would that be is my question? I am very dissatisfied and am now going to attempt to call my MC provider and submit a fraud claim in hopes that I at least can get my money back. As for my very favorite broken REVO sunglasses(I paid $259 for!), I have little hope that I will ever see them again...what a rip off, they should be ashamed...karma will prevail, it always does.

Comments

3rd of May, 2010

April 11, 2010 (I wrote):

Dear Daran (Revo Customer Service Representative),

My name is John and my first job (17 years ago) was selling sunglasses at Sunglass Hut. I must have sold a million pairs of Revos...you guys make a great pair of sunglasses. I have since bought about 5 pairs of my own, and pairs for family and friends.

I recently bought a pair (first time) of your polycarbonate at Sunglass Hut...very light. The store boasted of their durability, although I was skeptical of the plastic lenses. I was assured that they would stand the test of time. I needed a light pair of sunglasses for a trip around the world...I am currently in Thailand.

The other day, I dropped them for the first time. I've dropped some of my others accidentally (between you and I, I actually ran over my first pair with my car by accident...no scratches on the lenses...amazing), but I don't make a habit of it. I take good care of my stuff. Anyway, the first three foot drop on the trail was fatal. Scratches galore. I am so disappointed...I wasn't expecting this to happen.

I brought them to a store in Bangkok, but they said that since they're plastic, I'm better off just throwing them away. Throw them away? Revo?

I would greatly appreciate your help and advice, and I look forward to hearing back soon.

Respectfully,

------------------------------------------------------------
    April 22, 2010:

Dear REVO Customer,

Thank you for your recent email. At this time we did discontinue a large portion of our sunglasses and no longer have replacement parts for them. If you can respond to this email with the style/serial number of your Revo sunglasses I will be able to reply with all available options for your glasses. This information will be printed on the inside of the ear stem most of the time.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Sincerely,

Mishell
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    April 22, 2010 (I wrote):

Revo 3039-080/9V-57square18-120

Sent from my BlackBerry® by dtac

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    May 4, 2010:

Dear John,

Thank you for your email inquiry.

The Revo 3039 sunglasses have been discontinued and we no longer carry replacement parts for them. Although we are unable to repair the sunglasses, we would be able to offer an upgrade to a current pair of sunglasses. We reserve our upgrade program for sunglasses that we no longer carry replacement parts for and we are able to offer a $40 discount on a new pair of sunglasses (please see the disclaimer below).

Disclaimer;
    There are no refunds or exchanges on the new pair that you would receive.
    The discount is applied to the MSRP, you can find the eyewear on http://revo.com .
    There is a $6 shipping charge that is applied to the order.
    If more than 1 pair of glasses for upgrade, the discounts cannot be combined.

If you find a pair of sunglasses that you would be interested in please respond with the following;
    The style and item number of the product.
    Your preferred return shipping address.
    The best contact phone number to reach you at.

If your glasses are within the one year warranty, with a valid sales receipt, please forward that to this email for review. If the glasses were purchased within one year, I may be able to offer a full retail value credit amount.

If you have any questions pertaining to this upgrade please reply to this email. You can also call our Customer Service Team at 1-888-940-REVO.

Regards,

Erin
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    May 4, 2010 (I wrote):

I will never buy a pair of Revos again. A $40 discount on a pair of sunglasses that cost over $200 is a slap in the face. What's your mark-up on Revos anyway...1000%??

Let me know if you guys want to make more cheap sunglasses as I live in Bangkok and see them in the market on a daily basis. Some of them are even better quality than the ones I bought from Revo...and they only cost me $4.00, lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry® by dtac.