Dealfind

Posted:

Not a very good experience beware!

4.45
Dealfind
I was on the internet looking to do a review on dealfind from a buisness aspect of it. The economy has affect our buiness this winter. Things have been slow so I found myself turning to dealfind hoping this would help. Man was I wrong.

It started with a contract with dealfind where we would offer 6 laser hair removal treatments for $99.00. Two weeks later they contacted me again and said if I dropped down to $89.00 they would put my ad in sooner and promised me the dates. Desperate to see some cash flow I agreed. Two days before the ad was going to be posted on there website I recieve another phone call from dealfind asking me to drop down to $79.00 dollars or they are putting another laser company on instead of us.

Well needless to say I pretty upset and cancelled my contract with them. Please beware of dealfinds unprofessional sales staff that promise things they do not keep. I should of went with my original instincts and stayed away. They are not looking out for small buisness and making it really tuff on us to make any profit. I wanted to make sure that companies know what they are getting into. Beware of deals that seem to good to be true. Remember you get what you pay for. If you pay $5 for a service you will get a $5 service.
Complaint comments Comments (19) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

A  5th of Apr, 2011 by    +1 Votes
you were lucky that you didn't go through with the contract. I like yourself was looking to expand my client base. so I went ahead with them. The clients that dealfind brings are people that would never use my service but are usinging it simply because it's at a reduced price. Then you have to deal with their rediculour "100 percent guarantee" so you could provide the service/product to the client but then the client can turn around and demand their money back. it's not bad enough they are taking 50 percent of your money plus credit card fees they are also giving away your product/service for free! basically you can't do anything about it either. so consider yourself lucky I can't wait for all this dealfind vouchers to be done. ANYONE CONSIDERING DEALFIND RUN!! us living social or anything else!
A  14th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I just received a call from one of their representatives trying to recruit my business. The guy was completely aggressive. I was honestly not interested in joining and said Thanks for your call, enjoy our day! and the guy called back three more times, insinuated that I was not in the capacity to make those types decisions for my company (I am, actually, thanks!). Horrible phone call and did NOT leave a good taste in my mouth regarding Dealfind as a business member or as a patron. Thumbs down--totally unprofessional.
N  28th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Dealfind is the terrible from a customer's perspective as well. They sold more vouchers for meat from The Butchers in Toronto than that business could ever realistically keep in stock. They sold more than 11000 vouchers. Now it is impossible to get your order. When you call The Butchers politely they shout at you that people are using too many vouchers and should use them later. I contacted Dealfind and they say my 30 period to get a refund is up, but with all the back and forth it took two weeks just to get my order and it was inedible.

They should limit the number of vouchers they sell to a number the business can provide. I don't see how The Butchers will survive so this didn't really do them much goods (well millions of dollars upfront maybe, but they owe twice that in product).
N  29th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
If this was the case, which I can not tell. but sure enough the US government should prosecute these people and it is not hard to do. It is all documented electronically. Let us get them involved in cleaning up some of these phony sites.
N  16th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
Hey Everyone,
So sorry everyone had such a bad experience :( I am the sales Rep for Kijiji Daily Deals and we are proud to say that our customers always come first. It's unfortunate when aggressive and dishonest sales reps gives all of us a bad name. I can promise that we are not all like that and every site is different as is the experience.
N  31st of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
Dealfind has screwed me over as a customer. Two different cleaning companies that I bought deals with seem to have gone belly up. First dealfind said they would get me a credit, and now they don't answer my phone calls or emails at all. AVOID at all cost!!! This is Dealfind Canada
A  30th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
BBB has an F rating for Deal Find.
N  1st of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
I had a problem with Dealfind and the $180.00 Voucher I bought for the Pro Platinum Car detailing. Pro Platinum refuses to honor the voucher and asks for $70 more to do the service.
It took me over 6 weeks for Pro Platinum to even respond to my email, and they never responded to phone calls. Very unprofessional. Stay away from Pro Platinum car cleaning.
N  16th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
I received a Dealfind coupon for full hair service, at Hair by Paul in Ottawa, Bank street. I have left 2 messages to book an appointment, and still no return call. I have had to book at my usual place instead & will pay the usual service...at least I know what I am getting, and would not recommend "deal"find again. Let's see if I can get a refund...
N  23rd of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
Dealfind is the worst company out there! I will never use them again as a business owner. I have had issues with my check coming and being cut on time, and issues with them refunding people 4-5 months later after a service was rendered. They called me and wanted to put my second business up and thinking maybe because it is a different rep, "richard" was both of my reps names but 2 totally different guys, that I will have a better experience, FALSE, they suck!!! They call me less than 24hrs before the deal was to feature to inform me that my deal was going to feature, I told them that I was not prepared for I was not even open yet and was still training staff and did not have time for the millions of phone calls that are expected once a deal is ran. They told me to bad its nothing we can do, I beg them and they said no the deal will be ran. This phone call was at 10am, then I speak with them again begging them to push the date back by one week and they told me if I would have asked earlier...??.!!! WHAT!!! I begged earlier and I told them I will send away all dealfind customers to receive a refund...that's what they like to do anyway! But they started yelling at me tell me its nothing you can do its going up, get over it, if you send them away we will sue you blah blah and then the manager of richard had the nerve to tell me I shouldn't be using other deal sites... Hahah this is after I told him they are the worst company out of all the deal sites I have worked with and I have worked with quite a few...I hung up in his face! He is rude!!! But they never send a preview and previously before they have made mistakes on my ad feature...I had to beg them for a preview screen shot...and if anything was wrong you can forget them correcting or making any changes. They are the worst company ever! Then it takes 3 months to get full payment...then there customer are chronic complainers, they get a service damn near for free then you tip like s**t and you want more!! Get out of here!!! These people suck!
A  13th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have been burned twice with dealfind. Once in Pickering with exercize classes all of a sudden the place closed down. Second one was in Whitby it was a massage voucher. I will not use dealfind again!!!
A  19th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
THIS IS A FRAUD COMPANY - How on earth are they operating making mockery of peoples trust . I purchased a Coupon for $49 for housekeeping . When I contacted -The House keeping company gave me a date 2 months ahead ( (Not Joking Dec 18th, 2011) & said that since we have bought the coupon through Dealfind - Thats the ONLY date that they have for me . BUT i have a choice - If I buy a service directly from them now they will send the Housekeeping Staff in next 24hrs . Dealfind chose to ignore this by saying the House keeping company got too much business & said they will get back . - BEWARE of DEALTIME - Dealings
A  9th of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have been a sales rep for this type of advertising for over a year now and I can tell you that I hear nothing but nightmare stories about Dealfind specifically. Please, Please, Please if you own a business do not sign with them. And if you are a buyer don't be fooled into way-too-good-to-be-true deals. You are probably giving away 50% of your money on bad deals. Once the vendor gets enough complaints against them, Dealfind keeps the rest of the money assuming that the business is either not servicing vouchers or is going out of business. Groupon and livingsocial are pretty good if you can handle the volume. For a decent response and mid-level volume WagJag, Teambuy, SwarmJam and RedFlagDeals are the safest. These are backed by bigger public companies that can't afford to be scamming people.
A  27th of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
CAUTION: DEALFIND – SCAM COMPANY
I, being a Dealfind customer, have bought over $$$ thousands of dollars of vouchers with Dealfind in a short 2-3 months period. But I must warn buyers and future buyers to beware of this scam company. They don’t do any screening at all with the products and services they bring to buyers. All they care is about making money, and their customer service attitude is extremely cold. When calling their customer service, their reps doesn’t solve problems, and when I call back to follow up, it’s always voicemail, and after leaving messages I never hear back. Even if I use email correspondence, the customer service department doesn’t attempt to solve problems, but instead suggest many unreasonable steps you must follow in order to get a refund. When requesting for refunds, or giving feedback, it’ll be ignored and later no reasonable reply is given. Not only does this company scam people, they don’t even uphold the most basic business principles. For example, for a product I ordered (ref: http://www.dealfind.com/toronto/lejdintechcom3) it’s obvious what the merchant delivered is not what is described on the deal page, merchant website or video description, the product received is absolutely defective. When I called Dealfind’s customer service, the rep said that I, being the customer, must pay to ship back the defective item to the merchant, THEN they will process my refund. Whoever has heard of this? The merchant has already provided an item not to the description: A mini DV described as having a steel case, and a 2 GB internal memory. But what was received was: plastic case, no model or serial no, no signs whatsoever this has passed certification test, no 2GB internal memory, and after charging it doesn’t even power on. After I called Dealfind, the rep said I must pay to ship the defective item back to the merchant. This is not a case where the buyer changed their mind about the product, thus must pay the shipping fees. This is absolute ludicrous. Dealfind being the platform and deal provider should be the one to handle this type of cases, provide full refund to the customer, then deal with the merchant. Otherwise why does Dealfind do so much advertising and make so much money? In all it’s to service the buyers and maintain a good relationship and quality service to solve problems, screen out bad merchants, and handle issues. Just as if we go to Costco to buy things, Costco will protect their customers’ rights and deal with merchants. If Dealfind cannot provide this kind of service, what reason do you have to keep running the business?

Further, Dealfind blows up the value, say the value is $300 or $500, it’s all made up. The merchant’s website labels the item as that value, but when I searched the web, I can find the same item for a much lower price. I suspect these so called ‘merchants’ may not even exist, and is only a fabrication on the part of Dealfind, or they do exist but coupling with Dealfind together to scam buyers of their money. I could find much lower prices on the web for the same items, but on Dealfind the deal page labels it as 50% or 70% off, but the value is totally blown out of proportion. On Dealfind I bought several items, including mini speakers (ref: http://www.dealfind.com/toronto/origaudio2), an android tablet(ref: http://www.dealfind.com/toronto/fabulessproductscanada/), and other electronics. Every time when I call the merchant, no one answers, and it always goes straight to voicemail. And I don’t hear back after leaving a message. Then after a few days, the voicemail is full. There’s no way to even leave a voicemail anymore.
Some other merchants are even more devious, for example I bought 3 items (Volcano speakers, ref: http://www.dealfind.com/toronto/origaudio2), but only 1 item at a time can be redeemed, and each time a high shipping fee is charged. The shipping fee for a mini speaker from Mississauga to Scarborough is probably just $3-$5, but the merchant charges $15 shipping fee. If combined in one package, $10 is probably enough, but the merchant charges 3 times $15 = $45 total shipping fee. After this ridiculous high shipping fee, the supposed “deal” costs even MORE than regular priced same item elsewhere! Even more, there is no follow up or service from the merchants. There are basically traps set for buyers when they start to redeem their vouchers, including high shipping fees.
Another thing is, a merchant may have sold 1000 or 2000 items, they don’t have enough inventory. But they don’t even communicate this to the buyers, and just let them wait, no notifications at all. Only when we go follow up, we find out that after 1.5 months, the product has not even been shipped! But Dealfind’s refund policy is within 30 days, but for deals even after 1.5 months the product has not been shipped, so there’s no way we will receive the product within 30 days. We won’t get tracking or shipping info within 30 days, so where’s the guarantee? Dealfind will use this reason to refuse a refund. So Dealfind is a big scam company. We shouldn’t support this kind of company to massively advertise and make money. All they care about is their own benefit, the customer service department and people who work there just care about earning commissions. They don’t even do research about the merchant’s background, business history, the product’s value, market price, and similar items’ market price. Or perhaps they do know, but pretend they don’t, and feature worthless deals anyway, working with the merchant together to scam customers. They massively send emails and do advertising to customers, and scam the good people of their money. So consumers beware; my experience with this company and their customer service is terrible. It doesn’t look at all like a big and reputable, responsible and honest company doing business in North America. So when you buy something, treat it like buying a piece of garbage, and prepared to be at loss, if you can’t afford the loss then be careful. Your money is hard earned, especially in this kind of economy, job rates are low, and each penny earned must be spent at its most value. Everyone wants to find a good deal, but instead fall in the traps of this Dealfind company, and in the end get garbage in return. Not to mention terrible customer service and follow up service ensuring the product’s quality. These are some of my experiences, and let this serve as a caution to everyone.
A  23rd of Mar, 2012 by    +1 Votes
The whole DEALSITE industry is NOT GOOD for anyone except the deal company.
If the company you bought from went out of business blame YOURSELF as well as the deal company and retailer/service provider ( Who was on the brink of closing anyway)
A COMPANY CAN NOT STAY OPEN IF THEY DON'T MAKE A PROFIT AND YOU THE CONSUMER NEED TO GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE AND PAY A FAIR PRICE FOR A VALUED SERVICE OR PRODUCT. In all cases the deal company is the only one making money and still they take 50% of the purchase price and don't pay the retailer/service provider for up to 90 days.

Tim / a retailer and service provider who will never stoop to using DEAL SITES
N  9th of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes
I purchased a coupon from "Kijji Daily Deals" from "Big Picture Renovations Ltd." The coupon was $99 for 8 hours for handyman services. I called in late spring to book the handyman, the coupon was only good for one year from the date I purchased. The handyman told me the earliest date he had was in October, he promised he would honor my coupon because it was now illegal to have an expiry date, he also asked me to call him a week before to confirm our appointment. I left two voice mail messages and also sent an email with response at all. When the date of the came, he never showed up. I have been in contact with "Kijji Daily Deals" to try to get a refund, but their reply always is "it's under review with their support team. At this point I don't think I'll ever get my money back nor do I ever plan to buy any more deals from "Kijji"
N  10th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
I have written twice or three time asking where is my product that I ordered in October & paid for. I have had not reply. My only option now is to see my lawyer. Diane
N  26th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
The worst part is, consumers blame the company. We did 611 oil changes on the "200" they were suppose to sell, and never saw a dime from Deal Find. The wording on the coupons was nothing close to what we had agreed to. We emailed them, because they do not return phone calls, and told them it just can not go on. Pay us for what we actually did so far, and we will continue. Or, we stop taking the coupons, period. Their response, WE are blacklisted from Deal Find, and still, no money. A year later we have people still trying to book those appointments and they get nasty when we refuse to. Then, theres the emails from deal find saying they refunded coupons that we have already serviced. Deal Find people are rude, they mislead you and then either pay a small portion or nothing ever. The other thing we noticed, those new customers, you never see them again. Cheap people that only want a freebie..
A  22nd of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
I purchased two vouchers from Dealfind back in 2011 by credit card through their website. On the vouchers, it clearly mentioned the vouchers never expires.

One coupon is for the MVP Lounge (683 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON K1S 3T8 TEL: 613-680-0344). I paid $ 19 worth for $ 45 food. I tried to call them last June 2012 to make the reservation. I found out that they're not in business anymore.

The other voucher is for Paul B at Artistic Hair Design (278 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON K2P 1X6 TEL: 613-796-5945). I paid $39 worth for $175. I tried to contact the business to make the appointment as it said on the voucher. I called and left a message for a few times to make the appointment. No more return my calls at all.

I emailed to Dealfind on October 20, 2013 to ask for these two vouchers refund. Dealfind replied and said that they are unable to issue a refund or credit for my vouchers. They can only offer me a $5 future use credit.

I lost totally $58 for these two vouchers. I feel like these are scams. Dealfind denfinately is not an honor business.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree