DealExtreme / items never shipped

1 NJ, United States

I order just a few small accessories for my digital camera (SD card, card adapter and card reader) all totaling less than $15. The website indicated the items were in stock and would ship with 4 days and in transit about 14 days with free shipping. Although I was not happy about the extended shipping time, it was free shipping--so I couldn't really complain. After 4 weeks I contacted the company and asked for a tracking number. They responded by saying the items had shipping just a few days after the order was placed and that I should check with my local post office to see if the package was "held up" there. I checked and it was not at the post office. After contactiong them againg and asking for a trackgin number--they responded by saying to "give it another 10 days" in case the package was delayed somewhere in transit. Still they had sent me a tracking number to prove my order had shipped. By now it was almost 6 weeks. I immediately responded back to them that PayPal has a 45 day limit on opening a dispute against the order (if it did not show up in the additional 10 days). They stopped responding so I had to open a dispute with PayPal. A few days later I was refunded the purchase price (minus PayPal transaction fee). It had now been alomost 8 weeks since the order was placed and no package has arrived---it is apparent they never sent anything and were either just stalling because the items were not available or they were just fraudulently stealing my money. [censored] Deal extreme.