Dazzle White and Smile Briteillegal charging of credit cards

1 Review updated:

Both these companies worked together to pull a fast one. there was a letter from a "mom" in austin on the internet that said that buying both these products had the best results and then links to both sites to get their "free" trials.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Austin, TXboth companies put charges on my credit card before I knew what was happening and now I am having to fight to get them off. one company charged $86.22 and the other one charged $59.25. and the charges to send your free (ha!) trials! another $1.95 and $1.97. I asked the guy from the smile brite company, "so exactly what did I get that was free?" and he agreed nothing. now they want me to pay to send their product back... do not order from these companies!

Comments

• Ro
      Jun 29, 2009

I love both these products, and I can't believe people who don't read PLAIN and SIMPLE terms and conditions that are not HIDDEN at all! my teeth are beautiful now, and so are my whole families teeth.

• Ca
      Jun 29, 2009
    Best Best Advice

Same thing happened to me: My 'free trial' turned in to large charges showing up unexpected. I have now cancelled the card (big inconvenience) am disputing the charges charged so far, just had a long web chat with a rep who said he was canceling but I would still be charged for stuff they have not yet shipped.
    So my $4 for shipping and handling for 2 trials has turned into major inconvenience and so far $91 charged to my account and another 60 that would have been added if I had not acted quickly.
    I consider this fraud - the 'terms and conditions' was SO well hidden. I don't care whether the product is OK - the company is certainly not.

Jun 30, 2009

Amazing that this website has an ad at the top for the same scam that people are complaining about. What with that?

• Tx
      Jul 06, 2009

I cancel my order and had a cancel no and dazzle white try to tell me they could not see it after about 15min of complaining that we did cancel and we had a no they try to tell me they wear going to only give me half my money back I told them bs finely they sent me a email when I told them that I had better not see their name on my credit card statement or I was going to get my lawyer this is what they sent me

order id dzw*4 has been fully refunded. refunds take up to 2 weeks (usually 6 days) to show on your statement.

If, for whatever reason, after 2 weeks this refund still does not show, please contact us directly at [protected]@dazzlewhite.com and give the password "*" in the subject line, and your email will be forwarded to a manager immediately.

Thank you.
    Customer support team

Dazzlewhite.com

• Je
      Jul 06, 2009

I suggest you ignore robbie j as it's so obvious this poster works for the marketers handling dazzle white and winning smile and 100's more like them. I too got unauthorized charges of $59 from dazzle white and $86 from winning smile after receiving the samples that I thought were already paid for. these sneaky marketing businesses are engaging in deceptiveness, pure and simple, and the "mom" from austin tx who posted the testimonials about these two companies' products clearly gained financial incentives from doing so. don't think for a minute that "mom" created a dedicated website just for these two products and posted all of this information and special code because "mom" wanted to be helpful. follow the money! when you buy into these samples, then you find out after the fact that you just stepped on a big pile of b. s.

• Am
      Jul 06, 2009

How do I send my smile brite back?!? I have dazzlewhite under control but there is no email address for smile brite... nor did they send my the email for the rma. help!

• Md
      Jul 21, 2009

Yeah I fell for the same thing, 1.99 trial offer turns into $1, 000+ charges to my credit card. when I called the both companies neither had my name in their account. I did call [protected] which is brite smile and the rep told me that what happened was a scam. now my bank is crediting me the charges and I called both the delaware and utah attorney general and they are aware of the scam.

• Fi
      Jul 22, 2009

This all sounds very familiar... my wife got taken also. about $150 so far in charges and i'm afraid that I will eventually have to change out credit cards. everything the reps say on the phone is designed to get you to not fight the charges. smile brite rep said email is being sent with return info. no email. I call again and added a 2nd email address and then they did then send the info to both addresses. dazzle white gave me return info on the phone. so next I will be returning the alleged "samples". will they refund my $? I sure hope so but will not be surprised if they find something else to deny the refund. everything with these companies is about "plausible deniability". but, if we all fight, we can expose these scammers for what they are: dishonest, cheating liars! yes, my wife did not read the small print, caveat emptor. funny thing is she never even opened or used the alleged "samples". she was buying hope, a dream, now I get to clean up the mess.

• Sp
      Jul 22, 2009

The Smilebrite product can be easily canceled online at thesmilebrite.com by clicking on the "cancel" link at the bottom of the page. The terms and conditions for this product would also be very helpful for you to read and are another link at the bottom of the same website.

• Lu
      Jul 22, 2009

I ordered samples with internet "mom" suggestion. It charged my credit card for $85 twice in less than 2 weeks. I clicked the cancelling link provided by smilebrite, it ended up charging my credit card immediately for $85. I had to call my credit card company to cancel my card as fraud.

• Mm
      Jul 27, 2009

I immediatly called my bank and had them cancel my card. I also reported the fraud and explained that they will try to use different company names. I knew immediatly this would be some kind of scam, I received 20 text messages to my phone about other products as soon as I placed the order. I dont get taken too often, but they got me!!! but it only took them charging me once! I called the 888 number and spoke to the rudest person I have ever spoke with! I asked her how would she feel if I took advantage of her or one of her family members? of course she had a smart answer! im not a violent person but ohhhhh boy if I could have gotten my hands on her!

Jul 28, 2009

I did have the same problem with dazzle white, I was able to cancel out smile brite via online, but dazzle white did not had that option, they took money out my account and I got overdraft fees for $120.00, when I call dazzle white and complaint that I had not received the product and that they were charging my account for $64.00, they told me that they had sent the product to me and gave me the date that I received it, but the product that I received on the date that they gave me was Smile Brite, that's when I found out that these companies (dazzle white and smile brite are the same), because when I asked the operator about these two companies being the same, she hung up on me.

Manny

• Br
      Aug 04, 2009

Made the mistake of ordering before reading all these posts, I am glad I chose not to join the other memberships that come with it. I only paid $1.95 for the shipping and the large pending charges which come later haven't appeared on my account being that I found these posts before the product arrived.

Here is what to do:

1) report cc as lost and have the number changed.
    2) call [protected] to cancel membership (operator was very helpful and surprisingly pleasant and it took only 5 minutes total)
    3) get an rma # to return the product from the operator and send it to:
    Dazzle white
    P. o. box 10233
    Des moines ia, 50381

Hope this helps someone who catches on early before the product arrives and the charges begin.

Aug 21, 2009

Got caught in the same mess. I ordered the product and read this post about 3 days after ordering. smilebrite had an option to cancel online and could have sworn I did the same with dazzlewhite until I saw my statement 20 days later with the 58.71 charge and then called. the rep asked me for a cancellation number which I did not have handy. she said the charge was for the "free trial product." how can it be free when the charge comes up later. this is fraudulent. its free for 20 days then if you don't ship it back its not? can we get some lawyers on this and start a class action law suit? I will look into which ones would like to do so since I honestly think this is an easy one considering the wording used on the advertisements that are in my opinion intentionally worded to confuse the consumer and get at least one payment of them.
    This kind of marketing has to be stopped especially at this times of economic hardship and pyramid schemes popping up. my advise is that if you made the mistake of ordering, call the 866.989.2686 and cancel. for smilebrite you have the online option.
    Oh and I tried the product for 9 days... results are minimal if any and the paste is disgusting. worse off is it says do not swallow excessive paste... so you have to keep spitting it out. did I mention it should be in your mouth for 30 minutes per tray.. which is an hour total of disgusting paste and spitting.

• Ce
      Aug 21, 2009

Okay guys, I almost ordered from these people today but found this page first. I have to say that this is not a scam because the extra charges are listed right beneath the order spot. it says right there in the small print that you're going to pay those extra charges. they tell you so it's not a scam, it's a lack of reading the small print. is it kinda misleading? yeah since they know you might not read the small print but they did tell you. i'm not ordering from them because I don't have that kind of money to spend but you can't say it's an all out scam because scams usually require some major lying rather than just misleading conduct which most businesses use (i'm not saying that's okay but they do.)

See, here's the small print:

Free trial terms and conditions: 1. you must be 18 years old or older to participate in this free trial. 2. you must use your own credit card or debit card. 3. start your free trial now to receive a trial supply of orthowhite. you simply invest $1.00 today for shipping and handling to evaluate this great teeth whitening product for yourself. 4. your credit card will be charged the selected s&p charge above. 5. if orthowhite is not right for you, call [protected] within 8 days from your order date to cancel your trial and you owe nothing more. 6. shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. 7. by participating in the free trial, you are receiving a discount of 40% off of the normal retail price and you will be responsible for taking affirmative action during the free trial period to avoid further charges outlined in how the offer works. 8. by clicking on the button to the right, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions in how the offer works. 9. you may call [protected] anytime to contact customer service regarding your shipment.

See? it says, in simpler terms (skipping the first steps):

Step 1: pay the dollar fee today
    Step2: your card gets charged
    Step 3: you're going to pay for the product like everyone who orders regularly but at a 40% discount so your card's gonna get charged again
    Step 4: by paying you're agreeing to the terms and conditions outlines in "how the offer works"

So if you read the link they give you (how the offer works link) you'll know you're going to get charged.

So is this an illegal scam? no. is it unethical? yes.

— crystal r.

• Sf
      Aug 22, 2009

I also got caught in this bunch of crap. I did go back and read the the terms and conditions and yes it did state some of the charges that would be billed. but the site that I found in the first place, which no longer exists, had a supposed testimony of a female who whitened her teeth "totally free". the site suggested to use dazzle white first and then smile brite. regardless of the legalities of the terms and conditions, this is a very misleading advertisement.

If you want people to use your product and you stand behind your product, you should not have to con someone into ordering it. no matter how good this product may or may not work, I will never use either of the two because of this horrible inconvenience. I have spent nearly half of a day canceling 'smile brite' and 'dazzle white' supposed free trials along with all of the other products they were linked to (world club fitness, weight loss resources, my diet id).

I also have some type of charge on my card by 'living purely' on my statement in which I am not sure is related to these two products, but it showed up on my statement at about the same time. if anyone has any information about this company, please let me know. I have tried to call this number, that showed up on my statement, but it says I am calling outside of business hours.

As far as calling the cancellation number associated with dazzle white, the lady that I spoke with was very hateful and not very helpful. she just told me to return the package and I would receive an email on how to do so. she did not tell me nor did the email state the return address for this product. I had to call back to get the return address, which is a different address from the one in which the package was sent. the gentleman that I spoke to this time did give me the address and also told me to get a tracking number on the package and sent me another email that had the detailed instructions on returning the 'dazzle white'. I must state that this gentleman was very helpful.

I do not agree with companies taking advantage of people nor will I ever use a product from a company that would do this. I agree that companies should be stopped from this type of misleading advertisement and sales promotions.

Sam

• Br
      Aug 24, 2009

It happened to me today.
    I ordered dazzle white and clean white products (free trial of course)
    After reading these forums (5 minutes after ordering) I called them back to cancel.
    When I told them to cancel my order they hung up on me. I called sveral numbers they couldnt find my order or they say it is wrong number.
    I immediately called cc customer service closed my cc account and dispute free trial shipping charges.
    What a nightmare
    No more online orderingggg

Aug 26, 2009

As an employee of Weight Loss Resources, I can state categorically that www.weightlossresources.co.uk
    is in no way, shape or form affiliated with the company mentioned on this page.
    We have become aware that they have been using our name in their terms and conditions and suggesting that a free trial with us is available when signing up with them, but this has been done without our permission. We are currently investigating this fully and will be seeking legal advice on the matter.
    Regards
    John Litchfield
    Helpteam
    [protected]@weightlossresources.co.uk

• Al
      Aug 26, 2009

I do customer service for this company, and you know what thank you to the people who know how to read. it's annoying taking calls from people who are acting stupid like they dont know anything. read before you sign up for things. these sites do not say free trial they say trial period! you know made yourself believe it was free. you will not find the word free on the site. the conditions are right next to the credit card box. stop being lazy it take 2 minutes to read!!! im 21 and my mom taught me at a young age nothing is free so everyone who calls is older then me, so you look dumb when I learned that years ago, its not a scam just read what you freakin sign up for!

• Ye
      Aug 27, 2009

Hi, I too was fooled by this company.
    I know it's not a scam but still, their info is very misleading and they work on the fact most of us don't read the small print.

I agree with the post above:

If you have ordered the product -
    Ring them/mail them straight away. cancel order. get ref. no. for cancellation.
    Call your credit card company. cancel card asap before further changes are applied.
    When you receive the goods, send them back asap.

Their customer service is awful, and I have been cut off the phone and sent emails which contain no answers just the same old line 'read the terms etc etc'

Also, just so you know the product does not work! may have lightened them slightly but hardly worth the effort :o (

• Wc
      Aug 27, 2009

Has anyone noticed that on their cards they are also getting small charges (.59,.02, etc) that say it's a foreign debit transaction? I asked about that at smile brite and they said they had lots of complaints about it but assured me it wasn't them. my bank said if they run any of their business through a foreign country those charges would appear. smile brite seems to be in utah. but I wouldn't trust them! also, I think we should all call their toll free numbers which will cost them money each time, so at least they are paying for something!

• Co
      Aug 27, 2009

I finally got both companies to allow me to return their products with a full refund explaining to them that their marketing was a scheme targeted to take advantage of people. its been a month since I returned the products costing me about $5.00 each and have only recieved an email from one of the companies confirming, but haven't recieved anything from the company with the trays!

Dear

Your refund for smilebrite sample has been processed by us immediately and verified in the amount of: $85.37.

A credit notification has been sent to your credit card. please be patient as this process may take up to 30 days for you to see the actual credit on your statement, due to the entire process of going through the merchant bank then for your credit card company to process it.

Again, your refund has been processed from us

-customer support

• Wc
      Aug 27, 2009

To the folks in customer service who claim that it's our own fault for not reading the fine print, blah, blah, blah. here's the deal, you probably have thousands of people ordering this product with the trial offer. and I bet 90% of them cancel after they see that first charge. some portion of those folks get online like us and complain about the "take advantage" way you all do business. the others just suck it up and pay that first payment or send back the product if they catch it soon enough. my thoughts to you are this. if you are on the line day after day doing your job and dealing with these types of complaints, then you must know the commom denominator here is the way your company does business, not that the public are a bunch of idiots. i"m sure your marketing department spent $ & hours coming up with this lure and it wasn't"by accident". so, search your conscience and stop defending your right to sucker people. get a real job that does some real good because one day, what you're dishing out into this world, will come back to you ten fold. and on that day, just remember who you were in this time in your life. that's all I have to say.

• Di
      Aug 31, 2009

I ordered the Smile Brite free trial but discovered no way to return. No website anywhere on packaging. When I googled got "thesmilebrite" site. There was no place to cancel on line but phone number given. That phone number different is than that posted on the packaging but both have the same recording redirecting to the website and stating their phone is "busy at this time" No matter how long I waited never able to talk with anyone to cancel.
    My Visa is in the red, my knuckles are white, and my teeth are still yellow! Diana, in Louisville

Sep 04, 2009

For smilebrite only... if you want to get a hold of their customer service call [protected]

• Cw
      Sep 05, 2009

This is the biggest scam. I am so pissed off right now after seeing my cards hit for an outrages fee from smilebrite, so I am following up on dazzlewhite as well. I ordered both of these products based off a woman talking about her success for the free trial. I read the fine print, but it didn't register that I was getting hit for the free trial. anyway, I have the contact info for dazzlewhite but still working on smilebrite. however make sure you are persistent when talking to these reps. the first time I called the girl was rude and said I would be billed either way. I called back and spoke to another gentleman that said if I had it back by the 15th no charges would be incurred. told me to write the order # on the outside of the package, insure it and keep a copy of the tracking number to the following address:

Dazzle white
    Po box 10276
    Des moines, ia 50381

Remember its the one with the silver tube and brush

• Dr
      Sep 08, 2009

I fell for it too and now am getting charges from companies that I never heard of but they tell me that when I signed up for dazzle I signed up for their services also.

If this isn't a scam then how come there are thousands of pages of complaints?

I had to cancel my credit card.

Ugh!

• Be
      Sep 10, 2009

This is what got me: http://www.freewhitersmile.com/
    Says there is a free trial for dazzlesmile and for idolwhite (idolwhite may be true from what I can tell after talking to support staff for both).

Also, try a google search for dazzle smile. sponsered ad "dazzlesmilepro.com get celebrity smile. try free today!"

But the website itself has some hidden terms and conditions that I couldn't see until after I ordered and asked the online support chat staff to show me. and note the site itself doesn't say free trial, only "risk free trial". so it looks like i've paid s&h (ok with me), i've cancelled the subscription already, so i'll get the "trial" in the post, I have to not open it, mail it back, I still get charged a $10 restocking fee. if I open it, I get charged for a full order. not free at all! definitely false advertising that ds are undoubtedly affiliated with

• Ro
      Sep 12, 2009

I got caught up in this mess as well. I ordered dazzle and smile bright products on the 1st and didn't recieve them till the day after labor day which was the 8th. after having it for 2 days I see the charge, $92.37, it said some other company but found out it was smile brite. after calling and getting now where I asked for a manager, "samantha" said she was a manager, (yeah right). then she gave me another so called managers name, when I called back later... there's no such person by that name. they won't let me return it cause they say if you open it, it can't be returned... it's a trial, how else will I know it works!!! not only that but its been 2 days!!
    I told them I would make a claim with my bank (which is real good) if they won't deal with me. jon (another great cust. serv. assoc.) told me 99% of there claims from banks get rejected and I still won't get my money back. like they got it all figured out. i'll tell you I won't let this go... and I will let it be known, anywhere I can post how bad this company is...

And to all the customer service associates you should all be ashamed for what you do and stand up for, daily!!

Robyn c. from ca

Sep 15, 2009

Dazzle white and smile brite are not the same companies, and do not work together.

You can return the product smilebrite, but you have to follow the return policy. call customer service right away at [protected] and they will explain how. don't wait until it is too late to return product.

• Da
      Sep 16, 2009

My nightmare with SmileBrite began on September 10, 2009 when two charges totally just over $93.00 hit my bank account. I called the 800 number listed on SmileBrite's website, just to site on hold for 20 minutes. After a representative finally picked-up, I explained to them that I noticed a charge from them on my account and wanted to know what it was for. The explained and I returned their response with one of my own, that being that I never ordered SmileBrite, nor did I even receive their product. They stated I could get a full refund if I returned the product, at which point I stated again, I did not receive product. They provided me a tracking number for the USPS that showed I received the product (or that it was delivered) on Setember 9. I tracked the package and what do you know, the tracking number they provided me is invalid. I even went to the USPS and they couldn't track the package.

I immediately called my bank to dispute the charges and as of this post (September 15) I have received all of my money back. But, the great folks at SmileBrite have 90 days to show "proof" that I ordered their product and the charges can be put back on my account. So, what did I do, I closed my account, try to put charges back now, it is not going to work.

Now, for the second part of my story. I called the Attorney General for the State of Minnesota, where I live, they are very interested in this matter and I am pulling together all necessary documentation of the event. I would encourage everyone that has already posted or who may post, to file a complaint with your state's Attorney General's office if you have been taken for money by these individuals.

To top things off, one of the charges to my account was for $0.74. I found out from my bank that this is a charge that Visa charges for foreign currency conversation. That's right, these folks state they are in Utah (I found this out when I asked the young lady at customer service) and their "Legal Department" is in Arizona, yet, they are sending their sales dollars overseas, interesting and a total RED FLAG to anyone, including banks.

Bottom line, don't order anything from these folks, not SmileBrite, not Dazzle White, nothing you see on the internet at all in some obscure ad. Go to retail outlets and buy your products directly. If you want to buy something from the internet, go the route of sending in a money order. If the company doesn't offer a mailing address to send payments in, call them and ask for one to send a money order so you can get your product. If they say they can't do that and you have to pay by check or credit card, hang up and don't buy their product.

But remember, file a complaint with your state's Attorney General's office. If we as consumers finally stand up and say enough is enough and a ton of complaints are received, our lawmakers and the legal profession can not ignore this.

I am also speaking with my lawyer to see if there is a way to file a class action lawsuit against these folks.

• Da
      Sep 16, 2009

As a follow-up, these companies, both Dazzle White and SmileBrite, have obscure terms and conditions, because, what they don't tell you, in the case of SmileBrite, that while you have 10 days to fully return the product to them and cancel your subscription, they ship it out in a manner that it won't get to you until the 10th. day.

When they claimed that I received my product on September 9, 2009, I asked when I supossedly ordered the product, they stated August 31. I told them that that is exactly 10 days and wouldn't allow a consumer to make an honest assessment of whether they liked the product or not nor would it allow them ample opportunity to cancel their subscription (being that their product is so popular that you are on hold for an eternity) and to return the product. Their response (that of the customer service rep I was stating this to), "well, September 9 is the tenth day sir."

Bottom line once again, do not order from these folks, even my state's Attorney General's office explained to me how these companies get around their own Terms & Conditions and get away with this.

Lastely, to rebut some of the comment made by supposed representatives of Dazzle White, tell me, how could I order your product (which I fully intended to) and yet, I get charged for SmileBrite as well? If you are not the same organization, if you have no affiliation with each other, explain to me how I placed an online order for your product, yet was also charged for a product which you claim has no ties to you what so ever? How could that happen? Impossible right? Well guess what, it happened so explain that to the consumers and those you want to order from you again.

If your main focus is customer service, why did your representatives hang up on me on more than one occassion when I started asking for a supervisor, your physical address, your legal department or representative legal firm's name, address and telephone number, what state you were located in, etc.? Tell me, if you are so customer focused, why would your representatives not provide a consumer with that information nor ask if I had a problem with your product and try to help me out in this situation? This type of behavior is typical of scams, bottom line, scams.

• Ev
      Sep 18, 2009

Holy cow! I cannot believe how many suckers this product has managed to wrangle in. Really, the level of gullibility is staggering here! People keep referring to the "Mom" site that first got them to click over to the other teeth whitening sites. Really? I saw that and just knew it was a scam. I checked out the Dazzlewhite page too from that "mom" site link. Whoa there - pretty blatant this was some kinda sleezy operation. Sure, the sight looks slick - but it also reeks of used car salesman. Not to mention the corny "Doctor" at the bottom pitching the product and the logo's of major news and print organizations. If you read the stuff - you see it's carefully worded and those endorsements aren't even for their product - it's using quotes from these news organizations that refer to other teeth whitening topics. I don't feel bad saying that any person who falls for either of these companies is an idiot. An idiot in the first place for even wanting to whiten their teeth (go buy a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide for a buck and dilute it even more - swish around in your mouth. Holy cow! Teeth whiter!). Bunch of bozos. You deserve having to fight off these charges in being so desperate to "look good." Makes me want to start a business like this!

• Jd

Hi,
    i ordered from this site http://www.acaislimplus.com/index.php which was suppose to be for a free trail, but turned out that you get billed if don't send it back so i cancelled it. but then i got billed from 2 other companies which is ### cause it never said anything about that and i did not receive anything for this money. visa said to call them so i did and i asked to be refunded and they would not give me a refund. I read comments on the internet any many people had this problem https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/dazzle-white-and-smile-brite-c218398.html, its not just site i listed to its more sites and more products with many different sites. This company is a big fraud and nothing can be done legally because they say they have everything on the site in fine print. Maybe that true but it is ### and they are scamming people and the companies is going to keep growing in size with more products and sites and scam more people!!! The government has to do something to stop this company!!

• Ad
      Sep 18, 2009

My mom recently got caught in this scandal in an attempt to do something nice for me, her daughter. She got me both products the supposed "mom" talked about on that website for the free trial and then noticed the long list of charges on her credit card from numerous companies that she had no idea about, but they were obviously all from the same company. It's very upsetting to have to see her do exactly what everyone else on this site is doing, i.e. canceling her credit card and fighting with these lowlifes on the phone. She is by no means a naive and/or uninformed person, so don't anyone tell me that she's an idiot for not reading the fine print. That's just bs.

Now, to the ridiculous people on this site who have defended these products and the company (who are obviously working for the company in question), how is it that this is not a scam? A scam is anything that misleads or confusers a buyer, or even that has fine print too small to visibly read. These are ways to market products while covering your own ###. Thankfully, nowadays, these types of tactics are considered fraudulent and are being taken seriously. Who in their right mind would knowingly sign up for a ton of stupid products and/or services? No one. And is it any wonder that sites that advertise for these products rapidly get taken down as word of mouth gets out. Any real company would have no problems giving refunds and they certainly wouldn't hang up on people for asking questions concerning where their money is going and for what. That's undoubtedly a scam and it is downright despicable. This fraud should be covered by Canada's Marketplace with Wendy Mesley. And for anyone who's interested, check out this Marketplace episode online that deals with a very similar scam that uses the exact same tactics to lure people into applying for loans through "reputable companies" and not an actual bank: http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2009/lawless_loans/main.html

I wish everyone with a complaint on this site the best of luck getting their money back and in recovering emotionally and mentally from this nasty ordeal.

All the best,

~ Quenby J. from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

• Kr
      Sep 18, 2009

I still can't believe I fell for this scam. Thirty-six years-old, and I still have to be reminded that "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"! Immediately after I placed my order with Dazzle White, I realized the whole $86 "subscription" scam and immediately tried to cancel. Their phone number said I was calling after hours, so I went to their website instead and did a live chat via the web with a customer service rep who canceled my subscription and gave me a cancellation number. However, she said she could not cancel the initial shipment, but if I mailed it back within the 14 day window, they wouldn't charge my card (or if I returned it after the 14 day period, they'd refund my money--yeah, right!!!).

Then I went looking for info on the internet and found this site--really glad I did. If, by some miracle, I actually receive the product, I plan to ship it back. I then immediately called my credit card company, explained that I believed I ordered something that was really a scam, and canceled my card. I'm willing to pay the initial $1.95 for my own stupidity, but I'll be damned if Dazzle White is getting another penny out of me. I don't trust them to not charge my card further or to refund anything. The best thing to do here is to cancel your credit card ASAP and dispute any existing charges. I shop online a lot (albeit usually from reputable merchants like Amazon.com) so it will be a pain to change my number everywhere, but it will be worth it for the peace of mind, knowing that I won't be dealing with [censored] charges in the future.

• Kr
      Sep 19, 2009

To add insult to injury, I've been receiving text messages and calls (twice per hour) from Dazzle White on my cell phone. I finally had to add a service to my Verizon account ($5/mo) to block them from calling or texting me. I hope these people rot in hell.

• Id
      Sep 20, 2009

That's not a scam, you people just don't read the terms and conditions when you order ### online. It's a RISK FREE TRIAL. The reason it has the word "RISK" in it, is because you have to pay the $1.97 shipping and handling to receive it. After you receive your product, you have a "FREE TRIAL" for 14 days..which means during those 14 days you can use the product they sent you for FREE. However, after those 14 days if you don't call and cancel, on the 15th day they will charge you for the 30 day supply that they sent you for the first month. It's plain and simple. Read the terms and conditions people and stop complaining on here. You didn't have to be charged those big fees if you only read the damn terms and conditions. People are actually happy with these products because they work, but obviously they're not made for idiots like all of you on here that are complaining.

Sep 21, 2009

Shalyn and Idiots14 are talking about Dazzle White. This is a different company than SmileBrite.

If you want to contact SmileBrite please call customer service at [protected].

• Sc
      Sep 21, 2009

100% trickery! yes, they do have clearly posted in their terms and conditions, "you will be given a period of ten days, from the time you place the order, to decide if you want to continue using the product. please allow several days to receive your product." if you want to continue using the product... I still haven't received the product at the 10 day mark and I was charged $102 (canada)!!!

This product may work, but the scam is that their "free sample" isn't actually free because you are charged for it before you even get to try it!!!

Trial, my a*... this company should be on trial...