Dazzle White / Fraud/Non disclosure of automatic sign-up with Dazzle White sister companies

Canada, Alberta, Alberta T8A 6H2Canada Review updated:
Dazzle White
Avenue Suite 240 Sherwood Park,
Alberta T8A 6H2Canada
Phone: http://www.dazzlewhitepro.com/terms-and-conditions.php
I signed up for a free trial of Dazzle White product only with the understanding of non-refundable shipping charges. Then, I had money taken out of my account 2 separate times, first by a company named Insider Secret Services, then C0mprehensive Weight Loss. I was told that when I signed up for Dazzle White's product it automatically gave them the right to withdraw from my account. To date, I haven't received product from either company. I went back and read the agreement I signed with Dazzle White but found this information to be hard to really spot, almost buried. It's important to disclose such information up front. It might as well had stated that Dazzle White can sign you up for the Army there is nothing you can do about it because you agreed. Terrible way to do business. It's frustrating to have these companies just withdraw money from my bank account and then refuse to reimburse the entire amount. I wanted Dazzle White's product, no more no less. Give me back my money and stay away from my bank account.

A  3rd of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I went through the exact same thing with Dazzle White. In fact, I got so frustrated with this whole ordeal that I actually went out and invested in the domain http://www.DazzleWhiteScam.com to let people know about this BEFORE they get stuck in the same situation.

A couple of tips to help you get your money back (posted by users at the site above):

1. Call them before they ship anything to you - yes, you have to ship that little tube back within 14 days of the order.

2. They HATE chargebacks. You can call your credit card company and have them reverse the funds. For a good example - see this post: http://bit.ly/zHmn7

3. Insist that THEY cancel the order to the subscriptions that they automatically enroll you into. It takes a bit, but they are willing to do it if you press hard enough on them. See the comments on this blog posting for a step-by-step example: http://bit.ly/9Liac

4. By just mentioning the fact that you may call your CC company and have them issue a chargeback, Dazzle White (scam) will be willing to reverse the charge themselves - they are penalized heavily when the CC company reverses the charge - aka it costs them money.

Hope this helps!

DazzleWhite Scam - http://www.DazzleWhiteScam.com
N  5th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
PEOPLE, PEOPLE!!! you MUST read the "terms and conditions"--just scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'terms and conditions'!!! if you don't, you WILL be scammed. fine print is legal--and if i see ANY offer with a 'free trial', i KNOW there is a catch. live and learn for everyone else, i guess... check out the site of that eyecream and the skincream, both in green jars--you know, the stuff they say they 'gave out to celebrities in gift bags at film festivals'?? if you order the 'free trial' and don't cancel, the 'free trial' will end up costing you almost $200--they say it's a 'free MONTH supply" trial, but they send you 2 MONTHS WORTH, the whole of which costs almost $200--and this is all LEGAL, because it tells you in the
'terms and conditions' just what they're gonna do--you just have to look on the site.
what do they say, "LET THE BUYER BEWARE"?? well, now it should be, "let the TRYER beware"...

good luck all, and WAKE UP!!!
A  5th of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also got myself into this mess, I never received the tube, but they are charging me 79.28 for it, I am now in the proces of tracking it down to get my money back. This is unreal and I hope they get a big law suit out of this, I am also in concact with my credit card company to do reverse charges and what ever else I can do to get this stopped. PLESE BEWARE OF THIS SCAM I HOPE WE CAN GET A LAW SUIT GOING
A  24th of Sep, 2009 by

A  24th of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
The above shows exactly what you get for your 87 dollars pluss other charges. Also Myyearbook should take it off their site it is totally misleading
N  29th of Sep, 2009 by
First, I recommend that you call your credit card company and tell them you've been a victim of a scam and have them cancel your current card and issue you a new one. Then when you call Dazzlewhite, tell them that you'll file an avadavit of fraud if they don't remove every charge they've made to you and remove you from all their programs/clubs or any other bogus program they signed you up for without your permission. If you tell them that and argue long enough on the phone, they will remove everything. Refuse to pay them a dime. If they won't cooperate, follow up with your credit card bank with the dispute process or chargeback. You don't have to pay them a dime. They were trying to rip you off from the beginning.
A  2nd of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have notified bank of America that I will close my credit card if these charges are not removed from my card immediately. Thanks to the person who provided the Canadian address. WHY isn't this categorized as mail fraud?
A  9th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I too fell into the trap!! I thought I was going to get a sample to try but now find all the other $3-$7 charges that I had not a clue I signed up for. When I talked to the customer service, he asked what phone # I used to call. That was the first clue I had that all the chargers were related. With my e-mail address he was able to cancel two memberships, but I had to call another # to cancel the others. They were all associated with dazzle white! What a scam. I think they have the cancellation people paid from those who don't figure out soon enough that they are all connected! I am out over $30 but feel good that it wasn't more. I did cancel dazzle white in time but didn't know there were other companies involved until they showed up on my credit card. Of course they say they are non-refundable. I will let my credit card company know anyway. This lesson taught me to be much more cautious!
A  20th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Yes i was bloody taken by this scam and I'm furious. It goes without saying that you should never cross an angry law student! I'm all for legal action against this scam! This is international fraud. I'm aware that this has effected many countries so i would be interested in co-ordinating a world wide concurrent class action suit. We would need representatives in each country that could compile all information and complaint testimonials relevant to their respective country. The power of this information combined is enormous! On its own, individual complaints will get lost among st the rest of individual complaints. Once we have a global indication of the extent of this scam we can forward all our collective information to each and every trade organisation. Next, we can obtain media attention. Anyone from Australia will be aware of A Current Affairs, a program which seeks out and exposes these scams on television. I can work on Australian media however, representatives of the USA, New Zealand, UK and any other nation would have to employ their own media coverage (although i will try and help).
I wont lie this will be time consuming for anyone who dares take on these ### If you have enough rage over such an abhorrent scheme, a scheme which i have read has ripped off money from a breast cancer charity, then please send me an email.
Please bare with me if i take a while to reply as i am researching the most effective means of countering these ### and not just shutting them down for good, but to make them an example of how the public has had enough! and yes, one person can make a difference.
You will rue the day you met me dazzle white/Brite- smile ...

email me; scamsexposed@hotmail.com

Ps; ignore the regurgitated response from apparent "representatives" of this company. The same drivel has been posted next to any internet complaint.

Pps; i will be posting this same message on every and all sites where i find complaints, please feel free to copy my post and do the same. Spread the word, enough is enough!
A  22nd of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Yes this company is a predatory enterprise. The problem is, you are required to agree with their terms and it is explicit what they are going to do. So in essence it is legal. But yes it is definitely predatory. Within an hour of signing up we canceled both Clean and Dazzle Whites products. We were diligent in getting confirmations of cancellation, returning the product, saving tracking numbers, and calling when there was a problem (in the middle of the day when they actually answer the phone). We received refunds in a timely manner, and canceled the card the the purchases were on to be safe.

Yes, people must agree to the terms but this is still a predatory practice.
A  1st of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
READ THIS CAREFULLY - you can't win - The sample arrives (to the uk) in an envelope which says Commercial Sample value $20. THIS PRODUCT goes from being afree trial to being valued at $90 when you don't sign up...

Your DazzeSmile Cancellation Confirmation

Dear Charlie Paterson,

Thank you for taking the time to try out DazzeSmile. This is an automated message to confirm that you have recently been removed from our preferred customer program; therefore you will no longer be receiveing any more DazzeSmile products or shipments unless a shipment had already been shipped prior to your cancellation.

In case you are still within your 14-day trial offer, then you are still responsible for this order as well as the billing of $87.62 for the DazzeSmile Pen at the end of your 14-day trial period. This billing will only take place if you fail to return the product back to us before the end of your trial period. If we do receive and process your trial return at our returns department before the end of your trial offer period then this charge will not take place. If you 14-day trial period has already ended and you have received or been shipped an additional shipment, then you will not be billed for any other shipment from this point forward.

Please keep this cancellation note for future reference.

DazzeSmile Cancellation Department

NOTE: This message is fully automated, so please do not reply to this message. If you have any further questions of concerns please contact our customer service department at 866-989-2686
A  2nd of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Open letter of complaint and intent to pursue damages:

You stole my money. You changed my checking account for items I never authorized or received after I called to cancel. I’ve tried to call you and I’ve gotten nowhere. I have filed a compliant with my Bank, I have cancelled my card so that you can no longer charge me, and I’ve filed a Consumer Fraud Complaint with the BBB and the State Attorney Generals in New York, Texas, and Florida.
You are to return all the money you took out of my checking account minus charges for the initial “free trial” shipment. I will pursue this.

Cleanwhites Customer Care
300 NE 62nd Street
Miami, Florida 33138
(877) 292-6892
A  24th of Nov, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have been scammed by this crooked firm. I have been on the live chat with a representative and it was not until I said I was informing the BBB and the UK Trading Standards Office that they accepted my cancellation. THIS IS A PURE SCAM PLEASE PLEASE EVERYONE WHO READS THIS DONOT LET THE SLIMEBALLS GET ANY MORE MONEY FROM HARD WORKING CITIZENS OF THE WORLD.
N  2nd of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
@aasi: It would be best to combine all these 'companies' as separately they look relatively innocuous - together they're causing an enormous problem for the unwary. Unfortunately none of what this cloaking company does is strickly speaking 'illegal' as they hide away the true 'deal' behind their incomprehensible Terms and Conditions and misleading advertising. For instance the words "Free Trial" do not mean that the product is free, only the trial period. Clever eh?

The product I ordered was "Clear Lift Ultra, " the original advertisement for which has now disappeared together with it's T & Cs., which, of course, may now be altered to suit before possibly being re-introduced and who would know? The old links I used now lead to another product entirely or no longer work at all. Of course this means I can't dispute the T & Cs as they're no longer available.

I'm now being charged £15 presumably monthly (varying with the exchange rate) for goods and services of which I have no knowledge and by whom I have no idea as the 'name' of the 'affiliate' changes with each transaction. I'm raising disputes each time unauthorized payments are taken from my credit card but the card company is not being particularly sympathetic. My objection is that because I never received my "Trial" I have no contract with any company within this umbrella organization and should, therefore, not be charged. Incidentally, unlike some others, I've never received an email or any other form of communication regarding my order or the so-called subscriptions I'm 'alleged' to have agreed to, therefore, how am I supposed to take advantage of goods or services to which these payments entitle me? I would call that 'breach of contract' with all that the term implies.

It doesn't matter what product is being offered for Trial, the price of each appears to be roughly the same which I also find peculiar - an advertised 'high end' face product is the same or almost the same as a small tube of toothpaste that probably costs pennies and, it is said, is no better than an inexpensive brand of whitening toothpaste that can be obtained just about anywhere. At least with a well known brand of toothpaste one can be certain it is tried and tested as safe to use. Can the same be said for the products offered in these Trials? Regarding Clear Lift Ultra, I could find nothing anywhere on the original advertisement to say what size was being offered, merely a list of what the product would replace in the way of invasive procedures. A comprehensive list of ingredients would have been nice, plus an assurance that it was not tested on animals or even that it had been tested at all and by which organization.

The advertising of all of the 'Free Trial' products I've seen on the 'Net is certainly misleading and probably deliberately so. If not, why have so many thousands of people been caught out? We can't all be stupid can we?

These people are extremely clever at what they do and the best way to stop them is to keep plugging away on every forum we can and involve the media wherever possible. I've reported 'unfair trading practices' to every agency I can think of and would encourage others to do the same. These are the people who will know whether or not any laws or rules and regulations are being contravened.

It's a disgrace that so many of us are being duped in this way.
A  4th of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Here is the head office phone number and address for the Dazzle Smile / Dazzle White scam company:

Just Think Media
Fax: 780.416.0218
Customer Service email: customerservice@justthinkmedia.com

Company Owner: Jesse Willms
Address: 527, 52328 Range Road 233, Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

More about this scam company and their history can be found here:

Where to file complaints:

FTC: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Good luck to all who have been caught by these scammers!
N  11th of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I too was scammed by Dazzle Bright and the many other names that this company uses. I am out abou $180.00. Even though I cancelled they still charged my credit card again and I finally had to cancel my card. I have filed consumer complaints in Iowa, Colorado and New York. The TV show 20/20 mentioned them tonight on their show. I am so angry!! I always read the fine print and I must say didn't see anything about a monthly membership. These people are bottom feeders!
A  14th of Dec, 2009 by
Just learning how to use computers & Internet, so I don't know how to send the live chat with a rep here that I emailed to myself. I'll email it to anyone who wants, especially the law student (whom I totally agree with, among others). It went something like this: Me: I want to cancel b/c I did NOT order it in the 1st place. Rep: Here is your cancellation #, but u will still be charged (almost $90). Me: I should NOT be charged b/c I did NOT order it! Rep: Review the T&C you agreed to, it clearly states that u would be charged after 14 day trial. Me: I did NOT read any T&C until after I received it in the mail b/c I did NOT order it! Rep: Call the toll free #. Me: I just received it yesterday, so I am canceling within the 14 days. Rep: A delay with shipping co. caused the premature charge to you. Me: Why am I being charged when I just received it yesterday, 12-11-09? The rep from Dazzle White (aka: Premium White [ inside of pkg {the cowards did NOT place either company name on outside, forcing me to open it}]) must have seen me emailing to myself b/c she cut me off. I tried to call the toll free # immediately & many times over the next 4 hrs. No answer, even though they were supposed to be still open that whole time. I'm FURIOUS! My BF is even more than me b/c it is HIS card! I ordered coffee from Gevalia (a reputable company, I think) on a Library computer right before it cut me off. I don't know if these crooks (Dazzle White [Premium White]) got the card # from that or someone, on the computer after me, ordered it (maybe not realizing it had my info, instead of theirs). The computers are always messing up at the Library & yahoo sometimes keeps people signed in for 2 weeks if the computer cuts them off before they can sign out. I agree with everyone who said let's rally together & file a lawsuit.