Davison Design And Dvlpment Inc / fraud + intellectual property infringement

Davison Design And Dvlpment Inc
Priceless invention on Power Generation without using fuel.
To cut the long story short. I conceived of the idea on 17th Oct 08. In my foolishness coveyed the idea by website to an AH named Gordon Novel. This website is encrypted and the contents of the encrypted reply promptly disappeared from my computer after a few days. Only the skeleton file remains saying that please go back to the form as you cannot submit a blank form. Anyways few days after my communication with Gordon Novel, I received an e mail from Davison Design And Development inc, in my spam folder, with all sort of info on invention hep blah blah blah. i started communicating with davison and eventually paid the USD 700 for pre development. They took 12 weeks to produce a no consequence portfolio. So I saw thru the scam. Originally Patricia Hickey was handling my case and she conveniently went missing. I have given her my invention and if she doent work for davison anymore, she is not bound by any etics that the company may have enforced on their employees. Anyways after that Martin Frings was responsible for my case. All that Martin Frings can say over the phone is Thanks Very Much. He does not respond on the e mail> although I am not worried about the 700 dollars, I am concerned that Davison will clandestinely use my invention for their benefit. This amounts to Intellectual Property Infringement, a very serious crime indeed. I am quite certain that Davison is into IP crime and defrauding all inventors who deal with them. although I have also complained about Davison to the Feds.

from Savvys Salgaonkar In India
My E mail: savvys84@yahoo.de
Tel +[protected]

A  22nd of Jul, 2009 by
You are lucky your only out the $700. Wait a bit longer, they will tell you they have a manufacturer in mind and they need $9-15, 000 to develop it. The 3d renderings wont look like anything close to your idea, that they had to change it to "meet the specifications of the manufactures equipment for mass production", blah blah blah. It will be mass mailed to the corporation, they will toss it aside as a unsolicited mailing and you will never have your phone calls returned again from your original key contact, PER THEIR POLICY. Ive heard it a thousand times. I worked there as a salesperson or a "Director of New Products". . I was one of their best, I had been given keys to a Davison owned BMW for my efforts in ripping people off (just in case any credibility of mine may be in question).

Dont do it. If you feel you must, please go blow your money at a craps table in Vegas...at least you'll have better odds.

A  30th of Jul, 2009 by
will you be a witness in a huge law suit.? You could own your own BMW. I just got totally ripped off.If you decide to be a witness let me know how I can contact you---or you can contact me.It doesn`t matter what you have done it`s how you are willing to fix it. I am contacting everyone on this website and ripoffrepot.com and anywhere else I can find victoms to shut these MFs down.
A  31st of Jul, 2009 by
I'm in the same boat, have not heard for over 6 months since my last payment. I thinking of every possible way to get my money back and shut down Davison. I don't know if it's going to work but I made all my payments on credit card (Mastercard) any payments of £50 should be insured. I recently called Matsercard and said I have been fruaded by Davison. They are placing an investigation on those payments, hopefully there is a chance of getting my money back. It's worth a try. Also I have created a website dedicated to anti Davison, it's basic but hopefully will do. There is a forum and other stuff. It would be nice to get lots of informaton under 1 roof rather than all other the Net. Please support me in closing down Davison by letting others know the truth before they waist their money. Please name and shame the individuals you have been in contact with. I thought Kevan Petracco was the main man for Director of new products, but it would look like he is one of many. Lets get together under one roof and shut these ### down. Check out www.davisonbeware.com. Many Thanks
A  24th of Oct, 2009 by
Thanks for posting the complaints concerning Davison. I almost fell into this same trap, however, I sent an e-mail to someone whom I trusted and they sent to me a complaint posted on the scammers e-mail post, I read it and so the same scam (send to me $745.50 ) within 15 days was what I read in some else's complaint. Thanks for posting this complaint. These scammers, as far as, I am concerned, can go to :::: in a bread basket.
N  20th of Nov, 2009 by
i have an idear for a new product that i want to get a patent on, so i contacted davison . a man called me by the name of paul baca he ask me about my product i told him the name that i have chosen for it; and that i believe it would be great for tennis players. this man was calling from the davison corp. now that i have read thease complaints i have decided to try and find someone else to help me so thanks to all of you for your iside info, . clairebrown@embarqmail .com
N  15th of Dec, 2009 by
I was contacted by a davidson design representative today . He basically asked me to talk about my idea, he mentioned that they work with different manufactures and that my idea could be made. He told me that they will contact me tommorow if the idea becomes approved. I have basically told this guy all about my idea and am afraid theyll use it for their own benefits with out ever calling me back. Am definetly not giving them a dollar but ive informed them of my idea which am sure they can use if they want. If anybody knows anything i can do about this contact me at purplehaze116@aol.com
N  30th of Dec, 2009 by
well ladys and gents its still happening today as i and my investor shell out over 17, 000 to get my ideal built and got a coffee a picture of a plastic water tank they lie con you out of as much money as you can then they stop taking phone calls and you get the shaft what ever you do dont used them now i have to sue to get money back and i belive they sold my ideal to a diffrent company so if there is any witness or any one who would like to make a statement on this matter please contact whawk71@aol.com thanks all
N  6th of Mar, 2010 by
What is an "ideal"? Or how about "idear"? Clarcie Brown you state you have an "idear". What on Gods green earth is an "idear"? And above me. Your comment is titled "davidson scam". Do you even know the company you're complaining about? I believe it's DAVISON (see above). And you want an "ideal" built? How do you even build an "ideal"?
A  12th of Mar, 2010 by
Hi everyone, I paid Davison £3100 to develop my idea, they sent the worst "product Rendering you have ever seen, I complained loud and long, Davisons response was they offered to resolve the issues I had, after I paid them another £2000.
The design Director asked me "what do you know about design"?, The new product director said we dont design products for you
we design them for companies!It took 12 weeks to produce the design rendering, My eight year old grandson could have done
better in one hour, I have complained to, The FTC, The USPTO and the Pennsylvania State Attorney, I have accepted the fact that I have been ripped off and I probably will not get my money back, But I will continue to complain about Davison to
whoever will listen, I have phoned them many times from England I have emailed them, I have faxed them, very little response
I spoke to the President of Davison, I told him I would not pay any more money for such poor workmanship, he said well you are walking away from the money you have already paid, I asked him to return the money I have paid and return everything to
do with my Product Idea, he said speak to our lawyer, that was three weeks ago, I have heard nothing more.Many Thanks for
allowing me this space to get it all off my chest.God Bless America.
N  9th of Jul, 2010 by
Well im expecting a call from them on monday .to be honest i researched them and awit there call .they sent me a contract who the hell would sighn that .
I know that when you have a lightbulb moment that this company preys on that, its a shame there is not an organisation thats real .i mean im not greedy i only expect 20-30 per cent royalty,
so have begun talking to an enginering companyan dwill do it myself but i will pose some questions to them as i think it will be a case of them hanging up .i got another e mail asking for ideas man these guys are not that clever a bit like the nigerian lottery or such other things
N  22nd of Jul, 2010 by
I hired Davison who is an inventor promotional firm to help me bring my idea from conception to market. I have paid excess of $9000 in July 2009 and was last contacted by my representative Michael Grando in March 2010. At that time, I was told my actual product sample had been manufactured and was in QA and I would have a provisional patent application within 2 weeks. I never heard back from Grando and began calling leaving voicemails and sending emails. Finally I spoke to the receptionist who advised Grando was on medical leave and Gary Humes was handling my design. I began leaving Humes numerous voicemails and have also left voicemails with the Vice President and still have not received a response regarding my inquiries on my product.

Since my concerns, I have learned Davison had been sued by the FTC for practices that are still being used today in which I am a victim of. For example, I was told they had great contacts with companies, more specifically, Cuisinart with which they would be presenting my design to. I am learning that they do not have solid standing here. When I told them I had another company in mind I was told that they were the experts in this area and had done all of the preliminary research to target this company. I even asked who their contact with Cuisinart was and was told that it was a confidentiality matter and could not be shared with me. I was also told that very few people's ideas were accepted by Davison as they were selective on the applicants received but mine was being accepted for further development.

I feel terrible for falling for these [censor]! Shame on them!
A  21st of Aug, 2010 by
Same here $12, 000 as of 8/21/2010 and the final product did not meet my expectations even though I had them send it back to Inventionland twice. Got ahold of the Western Ps BBB and they contacted them and they said I signed the contract, BUT I wrote that I did not like it and they said it would be changed by the company that bought the license agreement. Any attorneys out there that can help me? freddymac@embarqmail.com
A  21st of Aug, 2010 by
That is Western Pa BBB
N  3rd of Sep, 2010 by
TO: NEVERDAVISON, if you read the agreement before signing in the begining, you would see that you are not allowed to contact the companies they are targeting to sell your product to. They didn't do anything wrong in telling you that the information contact you were inquiring about was confidential. They don't promise you anything and it clearly states it on the application. After reviewing all of these complaints, I'm now very sceptical in going forward with my idea which I already shared with the company. I just had to run to the bank and close both my savings and checking accounts because I sent in the payment form to get things going today. The rep, Vincent Mitchel, told me originally that it was going to be a $695 fee, but then told me about an hour later that it was changing to $749 the next day and would try his best to get my application in before then. Another 30 min later, I was told that there was a standard 48 hour processing time and had to wait and therefore, I would have to pay the new fee. I asked why it went up and he had no answer for me. "Oh, they just have meetings every day and sometimes the fee changes." Okay, fine. Dup me for another fifty bucks. Thanks. I'm just going to do some more research before I start dishing out any more money. Good thing the bank closes late on Fridays!!!
N  20th of Sep, 2010 by
I just got to the point where they asked me for the $ 745. They are calling me back tomorrow to see if I am for it.
After seeing all this complaints I am going to tell them to *** off.. I gave them 2 more ideas that they told me they would not be interested. I am afraid all is going to be stolen and used without me seeing 1 penny of benefit.
I can not believe that these people can get away with this so easy in this country.. Where are the law enforcements????

A  8th of Oct, 2010 by
I just talked to davison yesterday and they going to call me today but they aint going to get a dame from me they ask me for 745 they will get the wheels rolling not now .

N  22nd of Oct, 2010 by
This post is addressed to the above comment of Deleon36, or Mr. Ernest Smith, as he is known to Davison.

You have made a strong, but completely unsupported, statement concerning your experience with Davison. You provided no details, so the company will describe what you experienced from its point of view. The company believes that you have no basis for your claim and that you should remove it.

Before you submitted your product idea, you were given two written disclosure statements that informed you of the number of product ideas the company has received in the past five years, the number of contracts the company offered on those ideas, the number of product ideas that were licensed and the number that made a profit. They also stated that the company does not evaluate product ideas. Thus, you were informed in writing twice that new product development was risky and of the specific, limited odds of successful licensing and profit. Your idea was accepted by the company only after you acknowledged that you received and read the information.

When services were offered to you, they were in written form. The first contract also included a notice describing all of the various contracts the company usually offers, the services offered and the estimated price for those services. Through this document, you were fully informed of all of the anticipated fees before you spent any money. Every contract informed you that the company was making no representations or guarantees that your idea would be licensed, patented or profitable.

You purchased research, design and sample construction services from Davison. You approved all of those services in writing. You sent feedback forms to Davison in which you gave the company nothing but positive feedback on its work. You were also given the opportunity to attempt to save costs by submitting your own sample or getting it from another supplier.

You weren’t scammed-- you were disappointed by an outcome that you knew was likely. The reason that you knew it was likely was because all of the risks of new product development were disclosed to you in advance. People are often disappointed when their ideas don’t take off the way that they think they should; however, with all of the information, disclosures and approvals that passed between you and the company, it is extremely unfair of you to complain now in this forum.

Your file and idea information have been sent to our Compliance Department. They will be looking into your complaint and will be in contact with you to attempt to find out if you have any other concerns and to resolve any that can be resolved.
A  24th of Oct, 2010 by
I, too have been scammed. In April 2008 came up with an invention that would save people's lives, and a visit from the fire department. An electronic stove alarm something that would tell someone that they left the stove on. Davison jumped on it. we spent almost 20, 000. the first time they came up with something that was just so stupid, I complained and had Gordon Davison and the design team come up with something that would do it. over to licensing.. this is an alarm product. please present it to an alarm corporation.. well first it went to an informercial corp. no go, next to a farm equipment corp. no go. Mr. Dan Simbect, the person in charge of licensing wanst us to choose from 5 corp. not our job,
right now we are in touch with George Davison, i gave him an option. either get it to a corp. that will accept it, or we want all materials involving this product, including the prototype.
If any of you out there thinks Davison is stealing their idea, go to their website and check out 27 pages (6 to a page) products.. that is 162 inventions.. 125 are owned by Davison.
so either he is a master of invention or he is stealing your dreams.
I will hear from George tomorrow, he is not a nice man, the email he sent my husband was not nice. if he give me any of this attitude he will not get the 2 weeks, if we have to we will travel down there and get what we paid for. if they have a prototype of your invention, get it from them. you paid for it.
these ones that gave an idea but did not pay for it, well davison stole it. and making money. if you see the stores their products are in and the other peoples products very lop sided in their favor. and the majority has not seen a profit.
our product will save injury and lives, kitchen fires, and insurance.
they are NOT getting that to benefit themselves.
We paid over 15000.00 for it. we are the client. It's ours.
Will keep it touch with you all and let you know what happens . and they should be shut down. why haven't they?
N  29th of Oct, 2010 by
This post is addressed to the above comment of Judylyn66, or Mrs. Judy Drysdale, as she is known to Davison.,

Mrs. Drysdale:

We are attempting to get your product idea licensed. Although you have concerns and continue to push our licensing teams to ensure you make money, you need to understand that we have never promised you that you would make money. As we write this our team continues to attempt licensing, however, it takes time and you are insistent that it happen immediately. Our goal is to communicate professionally with you while attempting to pursue licensing, but your aggressive posturing, defamatory comments and unnecessary disparagement are not helping.

As you are very aware, our design team has redesigned and engineered your prototype numerous times. Each new rendition of the product sample was provided to you at no further cost. You have approved all design work

Maybe you should take our New Product Sample Agreement to a local engineering and prototype firm to have them price out the work that we have performed. That will help you gain an understanding of the value you have received. If you choose to do that, what you’re going to find is that you have received an unbelievable bargain for the work that was accomplished. Most prototype houses would have charged you far more for the work that was accomplished.

We are always proud of the final product design solutions that we present to the clients and understand how you can be excited. However, your project has now entered the “business world” segment of the new product development cycle and manufacturers think and perform with their stakeholders in mind – meaning that we can’t force them to license your invention. Attempting to force us to find a company to license your invention is simply unrealistic. Hopefully, a manufacturer, the right manufacturer, will choose to licensee the invention.

Since you have elected to publish your relationship with our firm on this public forum, we have looked into the matter and provided the following factual information below.

Signed and Agreed to by Judy Drysdale Prior to Submitting her Idea and Spending any Money with Davison (client signature or electronic acknowledgement on file)

AIPA (American Inventors Protection Act of 1999) – Description of Davison services and costs. Summary of number of contracts, licensed products and profitable products. Statement that no evaluation of the product idea would be performed.
AD (Affirmative Disclosure) – Description of Davison’s success rate over the last 5 years, including disclosure of total number of ideas submitted to the company, number of contracts offered, number of contracts entered into, licenses and profitable products. Statement that no evaluation of the product idea would be performed.

To summarize, you received two written disclosures that told you that it was very unlikely that you would have your product licensed or make any money on it, but you are complaining because you have not gotten your product licensed or made any money.

Signed & Agreed to by Judy Drysdale Prior to Davison Performing Pre-Development Work (client signature & payment info on file)

Pre-Development Agreement – Cost and description of Davison work to be performed for research and representation for licensing.

Signed & Returned by Judy Drysdale After Receiving the Pre-Development Work (research) (client signature on file)

Client Approval Questionnaire – Questionnaire sent to clients to provide their input feedback on Pre-development work performed. Client gave positive feedback.

Signed & Agreed to by Judy Drysdale Prior to Davison Performing Design & Development Work (design) (client signature & payment info on file)

New Product Sample Agreement – Cost and description of Davison work to be performed for design development of the idea for a targeted corporation.

Signed and Agreed to by Judy Drysdale at the Design Stage of the Idea (client signature on file)

Virtual Rendering – Image of product design sent to the client for approval. Client signed and approved the design.
Virtual Rendering Questionnaire – Questionnaire sent to client to provide their input feedback on the design.

Signed and Agreed to by Judy Drysdale after the Development of the Idea (client signature on file)

Executive Summary – Photograph of actual prototype with a summary of the idea and its intended purpose
Executive Summary Questionnaire – Questionnaire sent to client to provide their input feedback on the product sample.
Shipping Approval Form – (5) sign off areas giving Davison approval to proceed with the agreed upon idea design to the targeted corporation

Judy Drysdale Changes her mind and Davison Provides at No Additional Charge to her (client emails on file)

Re-design of Idea – no additional cost to the client
Target & present new design to additional companies – no additional cost to the client

Judy Drysdale and the Idea Review Process with Companies (client emails on file)

Judy Drysdale did not want to wait for the company that was considering her product idea to review it within that company’s timeline. She demanded an answer and to have her product pulled from the company reviewing it. Therefore, the company reviewing the product idea declined to license her product.

Judy Drysdale did not agree with the other targeted companies Davison selected.
Davison provided Judy Drysdale with 7 additional companies to choose from. Judy Drysalde refused to select a company.

Finally, a word about timing

Judy Drysdale submitted her product idea to Davison in April of 2009. Her complaint makes it look as if Davison has had her idea for an extra year. She paid for Davison’s services in June of 2009. The company has been trying to design, construct and license her product idea for about 16 months, including the time that has been spent redesigning and rebuilding. Please consult any expert or reference on new product development and you will learn that it takes far longer for most products to go from concept to working sample to license, if they ever reach that point at all.

After you had approved all of the company’s work in writing, you gave written approval for the company to attempt to license your product idea and only when it was not licensed did you voice a complaint. In an effort to make you happy the company went above and beyond to help you with additional designs & presentations at no additional cost to you.

You weren’t “scammed”-- you were disappointed by an outcome that you knew was likely. The reason that you knew it was likely was because all of the risks of new product development were disclosed to you in advance. People are often disappointed when their ideas don’t take off the way that they think they should; however, with all of the information, disclosures and approvals that passed between you and the company, it is extremely unfair of you to complain now in this forum.

Your product sample was shipped to you on October 28, 2010 at your request. The company wishes you the best of luck in its future development and promotion.

Should you wish to continue working with Davison in the future, please contact our Consumer Affairs Department

N  29th of Oct, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
After reading all this i really dont know what to do, up to yesterday i was in talks with Davison its now time to develop my product a company has been targeted .the cost of the next stage is almost six grand which i dont have so ive been put on the back burner .Ive been wracking my brains thinking of how to come up with the money, and decided to sell my supra which i garaged four years ago it was a hard decison as i love this car, but now, what to do im unemployed construction jobs here in ireland have totally vanished, its all i know so i need something to work for me .Im tempted to proceed as i think my idea wil fly as there is nothing out there like it (this i am sure of) it does solve a serious problem we all face .
But now im just scared to proceed

Davison Design & Development Logo Davison Design & Development