CyberScrub / Scam charges

United States Review updated:
Purchased their disk "Privacy Siite" which cost $59.95 and it comes with upgrades for life. Worked fine when installed, however when I wanted to install it into my new computer it won't work. I tried to contact them and everything is automated, you never get talk to a person. Left a message on the 18th of May, and today is the 21st. Needless to say another ripoff.

A  30th of Aug, 2014 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
You do not state how long ago you bought the product. I will assume it was years ago. I did the same thing and after about 2 years, they terminated the lifetime upgrade and stopped selling it. If you had already purchased it, they gave you one more upgrade and then that was it.

I agree it is a scam as a lifetime upgrade is LIFETIME not whenever the company decides not to honor it. There should have been a disclaimer that they could terminate it at anytime but there wasn't

I have emailed them about it, but they act as though it never existed and just offer an upgrade price.

This is as of 8/2014
A  4th of Sep, 2014 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I purchased cyberscrub in 2004 with the "Lifetime Upgrade Insurance". I recently purchased a new laptop and went to download the latest version. When I downloaded it I was only given a 15 day trial.

I contacted Customer support and they emailed me back saying they ended support for it and that I could purchase a new product.

I replied explaining the difference between an update and an upgrade and received no response. I emailed them a second time suggesting they escalate my ticket and received no response.

It appears I got ripped off. Don't you do the same.
A  22nd of Aug, 2015 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I bought CyberScrub and got nailed with the same scam. But it is powerful protection so I bought the new upgrade that would go with Win 7. Suddenly it wouldn't work. Fortunately I bought the back up disc...I thought. The disc would not work without a serial number which is not the number on the disc. Then I heard from someone else that the disc is timed to not function after you use it an unknown number of times. I used it twice including the present time. I figured that it had been a year and so my subscription was up. Order the new version and installed as the softwared directed. At NO POINT did it indicate that special steps needed to be taken to remove prior versions. I found this out AFTER the software was installed and it refused to be activated. There is absolutely NO ON TO TALK WITH and it has been NINE DAYS and the ticket is still open and they have not responded. I"m calling the credit card company and halting payment until they fix the problem. I cannot even open the software. I would look else where if I were looking for cleaning software. Great software...but no concern for the customer unless you want to spend hours combing through their site trying to find answers and even then having to supply product info that you can't access. The experience is a a TOTAL RIP OFF. BE WARNED.

CyberScrub Logo CyberScrub