CyberDefender / fraud

I never went to this site they charged my credit card twice both times for 30.49 cent and now I can not find anyone who will answer the phone to me to get this matter taken care of.

I have filed fraud charges with my bank and they are investiating the company.

horrible customer service.

Never buy this product

Comments

• Tr
      4th of Mar, 2009

Consider yourself lucky. To date, I've received $100.00 of the $300.00 I spent for nothing. When their program fails after a day or 2, twice, you'll have hell to pay trying to get a refund. Suddenly they're not very nice anymore. You are absolutely right about the customer "service". They supposedly have a 30-day no-questions asked money back guaranty. I've spent hours on the phone answering the "no questions." They promised a refund if they could restore my system to the point of purchase. They did a lot more than that by way of damage and even gave me back the Trojans they supposedly removed. All I can do now is email and visit websites. They left 2 files on my computer that I cannot remove. Those programs are sending info to Cyberdefender through my firewall and I can't make it stop. This is spyware. By all means, stay as far away as you can get from these people. I've sent hours on hold only to be cut off. Fortunately I have a speaker phone. I never got the twice-promised refund. I am now waiting til Feb 11 to see if promise #3 did any good. On their record, instead of reporting that I called twice to say their program wasn't working, they put it down as help with viruses.

With a 30-day no questions asked guaranty, they are trying to say I used the program--the tech support portion-to justify refusing the no questions asked refund. They lied about my purchase date to try to skirt the 30-day guaranty, and I don't know what they told the bank, which is usually helpful in cases like this, but the bank closed my claim immediately. I don't have the money or the program. I'm disabled, low income, and wanted to be sure my computer was protected. Instead I got damage, malware, spyware and abuse. These people are nothing but trouble. Should you call and ask for the date, they'll keep you on the phone for 3 hours with meaningless technobabble. Which will be used against you at their convenience.

18th of Mar, 2009

I WAS CHARGED 450.40 WHICH I NEVER AUTHORISED & HAVE A SCREWED UP NEW COMPUTER.DOESN'T WORK HALF THE TIME & GET KICKED OFF EVERY 2 R 3 MINUTES. CLICK FOR CYBER TO CLEAN IT UP & IT'S THE SAME THING EVERY TIME.SAME THING POPS UPSAME VIRUSES BUT IT NEVER WORKS. THE PROTECTION WAS SUPPOSED TO B FREE, YEA DEARLY PAID FOR & THEY WANT RETURN MY MONEY.I WOULDN'T RECOMEND THEM FOR ANYONE, IF U DON'T WANT A MESSED UP COMPUTER U WON'T EVEN CLICK ON THEIR LINK.I AM SORRY I DID.MY COMPUTER IS ONLY 3 MONTHS OLD.

• Du
      4th of Aug, 2009

My problem is not as bad, but another example of how deceitful these guys are. When I was searching for anti-virus programs, I came upon their site, and decided to try one program, not the whole suite. Problem is, they cleverly have every product pre-checked to purchase. It immediately billed me as there was no screen to review the order. Ther of course, was nobody there to contact until the next day, although the had live folks online to chat me into buying.

The next day, I spoke to a person there who actually got my issue and said it would all be refunded. My credit card was refunded for all but $15. I disputed this with my credit card company, and long story short, I am still fighting over $15, as Cyberdefender is challenging it.

21st of Jan, 2010

CyberDefender Corporation would like to apologize for any difficulties you have encountered with our product. CyberDefender operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and we have technical support staff located all over the world. We recommend that you contact our headquarters office at 866-793-0454 during normal business hours in Pacific Standard Time. We will be happy to help you resolve any issues or problems you are having.

• Km
      10th of Feb, 2010

they won't help you at all, just cause more issues, have been dealing with these people for 2 yrs now and never get and customer service or satisfaction from them. Always an excuse, call me you have my number...oh right you won't.. i have left numerous messages for you Even called Gary the CEO, do you think the gives a damn about my crappy service, going a 8 days waiting on a CD that was supposed to be sent overnight, i mean really how much would priority mail cost you..a lot less than my 300 you took.

1st of Mar, 2010

they are a rip off. I had the same problem. I am so sorry that I did not find you all sooner. Terrible!

1st of Mar, 2010

Do Not CAll Headquarters DO NOT they are a joke toooooo...Terrible...still trying to get my money.

25th of Mar, 2010

I tried the free tool to check my lap top and it completely corrupted my lap top. It now has top go in to be serviced and rebuilt. When I called the company, the person on the other end gave me an attitude. Not only did he basically call me an idiot but he could barely talk or understand enough english to get that said. I think this company fills your computer with virus programs then tells you about them and charges you to remove them afterward.

25th of May, 2010

It's obvious that you never worked for Cyberdefender. Our company never tells customers that they have viruses when they do not, as that would be misrepresentation and illegal business practice.

On behalf of CyberDefender Corporation, we apologize for any inconvenience any customer may have encountered with our products and services. We are dedicated to giving our customers an optimum experience, and would be happy to work with them to solve any difficulties. We invite all of our customers to please feel free to contact our corporate headquarters at 866-793-0454 or email us at supportATcyberdefender.com for assistance.