CVS Pharmacy / over charged?

1535 West 26th streetErie, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 814461-1215
On October 23rd, I was in CVS for a prescription to be filled. I also bought other items along with prescription. Well, I received a call from CVS this past weekend, November 1st. I was told that I didn't pay for the prescription, $10.00, and that I needed to come in a pay for it. Sure, I will pay what I owe but the problem is, I don't have my receit, so who knows, maybe I did pay. They do not have a copy of my reciet, only that the item wasn't scan. I went in tonight, 11.4.08, and paid it. I spoke to the pharmacist, Julie MCQuaide. She wasn't very nice. I tried to have her see what I saw. She said, if I had my reciet, she wouldn't have a problem reviewing it. I paid it but here is what bothers me. If Walmart made the mistake, they wouldn't call the person and tell them to come back in to pay it, (one week later). CVS made the mistake, not me. Now, I had to use my time and my gas to correct their mistake. It is just wrong.

Comments

Pa
  3rd of Dec, 2008
Have to share two experiences I have had with the CVS pharmacy. One is for an eczema cream medication I get there for my 12 year old son and my younger daughter. Two separate prescriptions however, SAME size container, EXACT SAME medication. My son is on health choice with the state, my daughter has medicaid with the state. They charge 2-3 TIMES for my daughters medicine (medicaid) than they do for my sons EXACT SAME prescription (Health Choice). These are for the exact same mixture of cream.
The next is my other son received a box of cream packets for a skin condition he has. Last month they charged the insurance for 24 packets (almost 600.00 was charged to Health Choice in our state). I didn't realize it then, but we were shorted 12 packets. He only got 12. When he ran out before the month was up, I called CVS asking them what to do? Ended up running to the Dr to get a few samples that still wasn;t enough to carry him through the month. He did without the other days. Just went to REFILL this same RX today only to see they AGAIN charged for 24, only this time I caught it!! They only gave me 12 !!! However, they charged the insurance again for 24 (600.00) when I brought it to their attention, they fixed this months but when I asked about last months overpayment to them from the insurance they just shrugged thier shoulders! Actually, they should NOT have even charged insurance today for what I refilled as they were paid for it last month! They just told me "sorry we can't do anything about it" then I asked why is the box labeled for 24 for only 12 packets of medicine in the box, they just (again) shrugged their shoulders...they could care less. My husbands and mine insurance went up this year over 100.00 a month, and clowns like this are the reason. OVERCHARGING for things that they should NOT! I plan to call them again today and tell them they are going to be reported.
Re
  10th of Oct, 2009
who are you kidding!?!?!?! You know damn well whether you paid for the med or not. More than likely you didnt and dont want to face up to it.

CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health Logo CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health