CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health / store harassment

1 Capitol Heights, MD, United States Review updated:

I have never been more humiliated in my whole life, until I shopped in CVS on 4840 Marlboro Pike, in Capitol Heights, MD. After leaving the ER, because of a horrible allergy reaction, my face swollen, I went to CVS to look for Aloe Vera to help my healing process. My initial intentions were to get "in/out" to save myself the embarrassment of my swollen face being seen. As I was searching for the Aloe Vera, I was approached by a store worker(Female), asking if I needed any assistance, I replied "No, thank you, " and she hurried off in another direction. As I am still searching, I then get approached by store security insinuating that I was attempting to steal! I have given CVS, at this specific location, and many more, an ample amount of my business without incident, until now. I was singled out, humiliated, because why? I dumped the bag that I was carrying, in front of the store security, frustrated, and blown away that this was even happening to me, period. Once security realized that they had made a terrible mistake, I left completely and utterly speechless and angry. Not once did I get an apology from the store clerk who reported that I was "stealing", and the officer on duty was highly unprofessional during the whole ordeal. I pride myself on how I handled the situation on my end, but after this whole ordeal, I'm highly dissatisfied on how I was handled, and nothing was done or said to make things right. At this point, I'm not even comfortable going back into another CVS store, ever, and it makes me sad, because I love CVS. :(

Regards,
Trenee Fayson
[protected]

Ke
Nov 8, 2018

Comments

• Eb
      2nd of Dec, 2018

Wow, you must have been mortified. That happened to me once at a Walmart, several years ago, and so I left my bagged purchases with management when the police showed up and then got a refund the next day and told not to return there, but I still shop there since I didn't do anything wrong . I had forgotten that I stuck my sales receipt in my rear pants pocket and found my receipt after I went home, but couldn't understand why they didn't just check their surveillance tapes to prove my innocence. I had been trying to get a phone card i just bought there to work at Walmart's payphones and Walmart customer service was of no help to me on that. Then another employee accused me of shoplifting because I walked from the payphones back inside to customer service with my bag of purchases. Of course, in retrospect, I should have sued for emotional duress, but that store got a new manager within the year. And that's the only time in 60 years of living that I was ever falsely accused and accosted as such. But I was going to say that by trying to hide your face in embarrassment which is understandable, that they naturally became suspicious. Hope you're better now. Some stores have the drive-through to make a purchase.

• Di
      7th of Dec, 2018

So SUE CVS! for your Civil Rights Violations!!! They deserve it, regardless of whether you were shopping while black, shopping while white, shopping while sick, or a woman, you get it.
    It is all illegal to accuse you falsely like that!