Custom Teleconnect / Fraudulent Phone Bill

A "collect" call billed as a third party on my regular phone service amounting to $125.00. Never received such a call - explained to no avail to customer service rep.
Asked her if it came in to answering machine or voice mail is it possible it could have gone through?Was told they have record of a 60 minute call and that charges were legal. When I called the number, it range and then went into fax mode. Custom Teleconnect said it was a phone booth? After several arguments, was eventually credited $50. Will further dispute the $75 balance with my own carrier!

Comments

• Dm
      9th of Nov, 2009

The same thing happened to my business. The two calls came in after hours at 9:18 pm and 9:22pm. The answering machine picked up and recorded part of the call, which said " .. if you DO NOT wish to accept the call, press 3 now. Of course no one was here to press three, so it appeared that the call was accepted. Each call was 3 minutes at $6.00 per minute. What a scam! So we can no longer have an answering machine turned on. I will file a complaint with the proper authorities.