Curves Fitness Study Program / Do not sign up - you'll regret it!

Complaint: Do not sign up for the Fitness Study Program! You'll regret it!

I am not a curves member and here is the reason why:

I signed up for the fitness study program, after I received a flier in the mail. It sounded like a great idea at the time.

I completed the program, did everything I was supposed to do, and have yet to receive my refund check in the mail that I was told I would get at the end for completing the study.

I have called the branch I went to every week since I stopped going, I have been told "It will be within 5 business days", to "I don't know anything about that", to "It will be here later on in the week", to "It will here on X day" A straight consistent answer would be nice for once.

The last time I called was May 22nd, the employee working told me she would call me back after talking with the manager. The manager apparently told her that I would receive my check Friday, May 25, it is May 26th and I have not received my check!!

I had planned on joining curves when I could afford it because I like Curves, but since I never received my refund money from the study and I'm still asking for it, I will never join. This is unbelievable that I am still waiting for my refund check and it's almost a month later. I paid cash!

I saw someone get their money the same day the program ended for them, and yet here I am still waiting for mine. What is that about? I have brought that up many times and of course no one knows anything.

Saturday, April 7th, was my first day of the study, my last day was Wednesday, May 2nd, it is going on four weeks since I last went to Curves.

This is not a good way to gain customers!! I don't know what is going on but this is false advertising if I ever seen it. What a scam!

Please, I would like to receive my money and move on from this. This is very unfair.

Thank you.

Comments

• Am
      13th of Sep, 2007

did you lose any weight or feel any better about yerself? get in shape? i have just joined today and then i find this online.
    write me back and tell me all about yer x perience at curves.
    because if you lost weight or any thing dont you think that it was well worth yer 20 bukz?
    i mean yea they lied to you. and thats ### but im struggling with my weight bad and im desperate to try this is a great oppritunity to change my whole lifestyle .
    w/b

25th of Oct, 2007

Curves is bad about taking you money and giving nothing in return!

• As
      28th of Feb, 2008

Curves is a franchise which means there are different owners at each location. Not all Curves will take your money. That was just a bad experience at ONE Curves. Too bad they are giving all the other locations a bad name. I have been a member for 2 years and love it. There is nothing else like it. The program is great!!!! Sorry to hear that the Curves you went to is not doing there job correctly. The fitness study is a great deal!

• Je
      15th of May, 2008

I joined and never heard anything about getting my 30 bucks back, but honestly I don't care! Yeah it's a study, but do you know how much it usually costs to have a month long membership? I think it's well worth it, thay just told me it would be applied to my sign up fee if I decided to join later, which is more than I expected. Yeah they are helping out the university, but they still have to run a business! 1 on 1 treatment is already an awesome deal, and you want it for free? Maybe if thats how they advertised, but it IS a franchise, so you can't judge all by one. My mom lost a ton of weight through curves and loved them, so I am excited to try them out, I just joined today!

• Lo
      10th of Jun, 2008

I work at a Curves and this is the FIRST TIME I'm hearing about anyone recieving a full refund at the end of the Fitness Study. I don't doubt you deserve a full refund if that is what THAT particular Curves told you. At stated most Curves are individually owned and the owners may have slightly different protocols. I'm just sorry to hear about your bad experience at this particular Curves. I've had friends and family join for the 30 days and walk away at the end of the Fitness study with no pressure sale to join. If anyone shop around and compare prices $30.00 is actually a great deal for those who want to 'jump start' a exercise program with accountability. Has anyone else heard about any other Curves giving back the full refund for those participating in the Fitness Study? I would appreciate any response!

• Do
      8th of Sep, 2008

Individual Curves franchises chose to run a fitness study in which a participant's $20 cash deposit was returned after completing (usually) a 21-day program as prescribed. Then, there was a Curves/Avon Fitness Study where the participant paid $30 for a 30-day program with NO REFUND after the study.So, if you paid $20, it was probably the first type of study where the money would not be refunded if all requirements of the study weren't fulfilled. Perhaps, this is what happened to you. Do you have an agreement outlining the requirements of the participants? If you worked out the appropriate number of times, completed the questionnaires and whatever else they required, you should get your money back. Curves International (corporate) is very sensitive to complaints; they value their customers. This is a bad owner or a misunderstanding and should not reflect negatively on the thousands of honestly dedicated Curves franchise owners that love their members and work hard to help them physically & mentally.

• Be
      21st of Mar, 2009

I am an AVON Independent Sales Representative and the Curves Location that I work with is also Independently Owned & Operated. I am allowed to put my brochures at her establishment and we occassionally have sale days so that her members can see the EXCLUSIVE ITEMS AVON has to offer. I know that from last year nobody was offered a refund of their 30 days for $30.00. You are supposed to go 3 times a week for a 4 week period. And there was no membership fee if they wished to continue. AVON Representatives are allowed to participate for the same 30 days but with no charge. I guess that Curves would at a later date take all of the information statistics of gain/loss of the members for their averages and information as to how well the program works but was NEVER AT ALL aware of or given the impression that there would be a refund. From what I have seen and experienced at the Curves establishments I have been involved with the owners and their employees are always well trained and very caring, concerned and involved with their clients.

• Ho
      21st of May, 2009

I am doing the fitness study now and had friends that did t last year and never heard of them getting their money back in the end. They also have not told me that I'm going to get my money back. You can use it towards a membership is all I was ever told about the thirty bucks. I think you misunderstood the deal I'm looking at the add right now and there is nothing about a refund.

• Je
      22nd of Aug, 2009

the curves fitness study was awesome. i lost all the weight i needed to lose, got toned right up, and barely spent any money. the reason you didn't get a refund check is probably because THERE ISN'T ONE. they probably gave you whatever answer they could just so they could get off the phone with you. maybe you should quit ### and get off your ### - that would do more for your getting in shape.