Cub Cadet2012 cub cadet 1050 ltx kw lawn tractor

This issue is a factory defect with the mower deck drive belt set up on my 2012 Cub Cadet LTX 1050 KW. I was informed by the Cub Cadet Dealer in Mt Pleasant Michigan that this particular model of Cub Cadet has a factory defect and will continue to break drive belts. I replaced the mower drive belt after it failed in June of 2017 with an OEM Cub Cadet belt and on August 7th of 2017 it failed a second time. I am an ASE certified technician and installed the belt properly.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Shepherd, MI This was confirmed when the dealer inspected the failed belt. The defect is that the belt and pulley set up is not sufficient for the deck and fails under normal operating conditions. The dealer informed me that it needs to have a 5/8 belt and the original set up will not accommodate that belt. I was also informed by the dealer that Cub Cadet is sending updated replacement mower decks to the customer. I need this replacement deck because the belt is expensive and not easy to change and is a serious inconvenience.

Cub Cadet

• Updated by RansomLJ, Aug 13, 2017

This issue is a factory defect with the mower deck drive belt set up on my 2012 Cub Cadet LTX 1050 KW. I was informed by the Cub Cadet Dealer in Mt Pleasant Michigan that this particular model of Cub Cadet has a factory defect and will continue to break drive belts. I replaced the mower drive belt after it failed in June of 2017 with an OEM Cub Cadet belt and on August 7th of 2017 it failed a second time. I am an ASE certified technician and installed the belt properly. This was confirmed when the dealer inspected the failed belt. The defect is that the belt and pulley set up is not sufficient for the deck and fails under normal operating conditions. The dealer informed me that it needs to have a 5/8 belt and the original set up will not accommodate that belt. I was also informed by the dealer that Cub Cadet is sending updated replacement mower decks to the customer. I need this replacement deck because the belt is expensive and not easy to change and is a serious inconvenience.

Ra