CSX Transportationdamage to my property

M Oct 29, 2018 Review updated:

During Hurricane Matthew last year, a tree on your right of way behind my house fell across the tracks. Your employees were very quick to cut the tree to remove it from the tracks, but they did nothing about the big root ball that destroyed a portion of my fence. I was going to repair it, but I can do nothing until that root ball is removed. To complicate matters< I have since put my house on the market, and several potential buyers have declined to consider purchasing my home because of the damage to the fence. I think that your company, which needs all of the PR it can get because of the delays your trains creates, should repair my fence since the tree was on your right of way.

I don't have any pictures of the damage, but the maintenance crews going up and down the tracks can easily see it.

My address is 41 N. Basilica Ave. Hanahan, SC 29410. You may contact me at [protected]@gmail.com.

• C
      Oct 29, 2018

They are not legally responsible for damage caused by a hurricane. You should have filed a claim with your home owners insurance.