CSAA Insurance Co. / Homeowners insurance coverage

1 Tempe, AZ, United States Review updated:

I am an elderly man who is in hospice care and on oxygen with COPD. I recently had a leak under my kitchen sink . I contacted a local company here in AZ to fix the leak, (Copper State Homebuilders). One the guy came and looked at the problem, he informed me that there was mold and he also found asbestos under the sink. We called my homeowners insurance company, CSAA through AAA and Jose Marin from Copper State spoke to the gentleman from CSAA and they told Mr. Marin to proceed with the cleanup that they would cover the charges. Mr. Marin did demolish my kitchen and did the cleanup. Once the work was done I spoke to my insurance company again and they refused to pay Copper State Homebuilders for their work. They told me that this was a slow leak and that this was not covered under my policy. I have a reverse mortgage and the insurance agent told me if I stop paying my premiums he would notify my mortgage company and also not to try and sue as I would not win. I have very few funds and having been living with my kitchen torn up, which you can see by the attached pictures. Please help me get this $5000 plus invoice paid by CSAA insurance as they agreed to do.

Ja
Aug 30, 2016

Comments

• Ne
      Sep 04, 2016