Crossmark / background checks

United States Review updated:

I have been an employee for close to 3 years and now out of the blue they are having to do background checks because of certain companies we now deal with. This is going to end up costing numerous people their jobs, jobs held for upwards of 10 or more years.

Fj

Comments

4th of May, 2012

I was just Terminated from Crossmark for not passing a background check. I don't know what the hiring process was for anybody else, but I filled out a job application that asked if I was ever convicted of any criminal charges...(etc..) And I DON"T have anything to hide because I actually told the truth, that I did have one conviction (that wasn't a felony, but a misdemeanor) and I explained EXACTLY when that charge was and when it happened, Now whether or not they issued the background check on me or not, Crossmark STILL hired me. That was two years ago and i still got fired for not being 'eligible' for employment. So you see, I DID NOT hide A THING.

• Ob
      8th of May, 2012

I am in the same situation as you, SayNo2Capitalism, the application asked if you were ever convicted and at the time was in the process of fighting the charge. I was hired by crossmark with full disclosure during the process. I entered into a felony plea, all the time they knew of it. It never effected my work and I only missed about 3 days do to Court dates. After 2 years of successfully standing by what "crossmark stands for" and setting a good example only to be terminated and now fighting for unemployment. I have appealed the decision and they still tell me I am terminated.

• Dk
      26th of Jul, 2012

How long did you ork for them before they did the background check?

• Sc
      4th of Aug, 2012

I worked for Crossmark for 20 months, Was a team lead on several projects and also was interviewed for a Supervisor position in my area.Had a misdeameanor simple assault in 2004 which i stated on my application, and was suspended for 30 days then terminated.!!
    You are just a number to this company, they do not care about thier employees !!

27th of Mar, 2014

Can you deny a background check and still be hired?