Cricket Wireless / theft by debit and no broadband!!!

I went into a cricket wireless store about 3 weeks ago and bought their $40 dollar a month broadband wireless internet and the sales guy told me to put the purchase amount as a debit on my bank credit card. When I got home I already had the service before so I loaded the disk and installed the software... No internet. So I called 1-800-cricket and I got lie after lie about hitting #2 to get broadband. Actually #2 was an option for old customers to reactivate their service. After a 2 hour straight back and forth run a round I got a rep whi I tolsd what happened and she promised to give me the number and guess what number she gave me. A 800 number to a deaf line. But here is the worst part. My bank wells fargo put a dispute for the $70 charge and they said since it was a debit and not a credit it fell under debit rules for banking. So they denied the first claim because I apparently didnt go back to follow up with the store (Hell I was pissed after 2 hours of ying yang). So I went back to the store and the ghetto hispanic guy who stole my money said go to another store. I was like hell, no. So I called wells fargo and told them I tried to get my money back from the store and they took another claim (To their specifications for filing) and they denied me with a letter saying there was nothing wrong with the purchase. Excuse me!!! But what part of did not get service, money was stolen did you not get??? Cricket trains their employees to take a debit instead of a credit so they can steal your money and they know banks like wells fargo will side with them. Thats why he insisted on the debit. Cricket wireless stole my $70 and wells fargo let them do it. So I refused to pay wf some loans I owe them so they can see what it feels like to be a victim of theft... Haha!!!

Cricket Wireless

A  8th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I am going through the same thing with CRICKET, but I have taken it a step further. I decided to file against them via the following agencies:

Attorney Generals Office-Office of the Consumer Advocate
Consumers Affairs
Better Business Bureau
Consumers Protection

I will keep you posted on the outcome.
A  18th of Jun, 2010 by
Cricket was the new provider in town, and seemed to have it all, low rates, good coverage, decent phones...but the phone never seemed to have coverage. Roaming wasn't included in the $50 per month charges, so all my calls would go to voicemail. When I tried dialing, I would be roaming and they would want to charge me 39 cents per minute to make the call. Then their 2 month old phone a Samsung Messenger II broke and I had enough.

But to cancel I had to speak to 4 people who spoke broken English two of which were trying to keep me as a customer. They also went ahead and billed me for the next month and told me they could not refund that amount, but finally relented after taking all the information they already had and making me FAX them the information besides.

I have had phones turn obsolete before they broke with other services, and with Cricket there was no service any of the time. I am surprised it took me so long to cancel.

Cricket Wireless Logo Cricket Wireless