Cricket / wrongful billing & poor customer service

I have had a cricket cell phone for 4 months. The day I purchased the phone I was supposed to be given my first month of service for free with the cost of the phone. That day, I paid cricket $229.00, then the charged me again without my authorization. When I called to complain, they said they had "credited" it back to my bank account. I watched and waited. It has been 3 months since my complaint and it still has not been credited to my account plus they overbilled me again! I have paid cricket $577.00 in the past 3 months without authorization. I finally had to change my debit card number to stop their overbilling my account, so they cut my service off. I have been to 2 the their "full service" stores with my bank statements and bills in hand and have proven that they are wrong, but their personnel seem incapable of actually thinking for themselves. Because their computer screen shows credits to my bank account, they cannot see the fact that the credits never took place. Calling the 800 number is a joke. At least the people in the store pretend to be nice while not helping but the people on their 800 number are flat out rude while not helping. I submitted all of my documents to cricket's corporate office with absolutely no response. Cricket is the very worst company I have dealt with in quite a while. I would be embarrassed to work for such a worthless operation.

Ch

Comments

• Em
      13th of Aug, 2008

I have payed my bill and thest ### holes turned off my phone, This is a on going proublem with this damn phone service...

• Ju
      14th of Aug, 2008

i always get bill to much on my bill

• Ju
      14th of Aug, 2008

costomer service is not clear in talking need someone we need to understand

• Sy
      20th of Feb, 2009

I hate this friggin phone service cricket. I am sitting online right now trying to find a way to contact somebody in a corporate office for cricket concerning the fact that; at least once a week, the service is down for one reason or another. Mostly they tell me it is due to the weather, however today is a beautifull day!!! I hate the fact that whenever I do call customer service, I get some outsourced foreign idiot that I can not understand, that keeps telling me over and over, "jes, tink yoo foh geeving to me yoh eenfomayshun". If I call because I have no service, they seem to think I am telling them that I dont want service, and boom, my phone is cut off. Then I have to go to a cricket authorized store and pay, yes pay, to have it turned back on again because I apparantely asked them to shut it off? duuuuuhhh. I wonder if it is possible to get a class action lawsuit against this bogus phone company that is robbing us? Also, is there an actual number that I can call where I can understand the agent, and they stop hanging up on me?

• Ar
      24th of May, 2009

On or about the 17th of March, I became aware that my daughter’s Cricket phone account had been suspended due to the inability of Cricket to process the automatic payment. This was because of a change in the debit card number with which we had set up the automatic billpay service. The previous month, our bank, USAA, notified us that there had been a breach of security through a vendor with ties to USAA. Therefore, our existing debit cards had been cancelled in lieu of issuance of new cards and card numbers. Realizing the reason for the service interruption, I called Cricket’s customer service and gave them the new card number. I was told that there was a $15.00 reconnect fee, which I agreed to pay as the error had been mine in not notifying Cricket of the account number change.
    On or about the 19th of April, this process was repeated. My daughter informed me that her phone had been turned off. I then called Cricket again and went through the same explanation. I agreed to pay the $15.00 fee again, although I was reluctant to do so as I felt that this was due to Cricket’s oversight – not mine. Had they correctly entered the change into the automatic billpay database the first time, the phone would not have been disconnected and, indeed, I would not now be writing this letter. None-the-less, I paid the reconnect fee, the phone was turned back on, and life proceeded as usual for another month.
    On or about yesterday, the 24th of May, I called to activate a new phone as my daughter’s phone had quit working last week. I was then told that, before they could proceed with any other action, I would have to pay the “past due” amount and yet another $15.00 reconnect fee. It seems that the payment, submitted again under a now long-defunct debit card number, was declined a third time and, consequently, the phone had been turned off a third time (my daughter was unaware of this since her phone wasn’t working). Since the customer representative I was speaking with informed me that they could not make adjustments to accounts I was transferred to an “account manager”. After a few minutes of MUZAK the line was answered by what I can only surmise was a representative (she only said the perfunctory “Cricket” greeting, listened to my own perfunctory disgruntled Cricket customer complaint, and promptly re-engaged the MUZAK – I was on hold for another 20 minutes!!
    I finally hung up, called again, went through the ubiquitous Sudoku-like number selection menu and was introduced to Tony. I then re-explained my situation to Tony, acknowledged that I realized that this was not of his doing and that I understood that he was not in a position to give me yes or no answers with any degree of finality. Tony then informed me that he could not even transfer me until the account was brought up to date. He needed a payment of some form or he could restart the automatic bill pay (I did not even realize that the automatic billpay feature had been terminated automatically when the old debit card had been declined). He then went on to explain that there would be the monthly fee billed this month and then, next month, I would be billed the monthly fee plus the – you guessed it - $15.00 reconnect fee. He also reiterated the reason that the phone had been cut off and remarked about the history of the other two service interruptions.
    All of this was old news. I restated that I was not going to pay the reconnect fee a third time, restated my reasons for taking this stance, and asked again to speak to someone who could try and rectify this situation. Again, Tony told me that before I could talk to an accounts manager, I would have to make some type of payment via bank account, credit card, etc. I did not want to proceed with giving out any active account information until I knew that I would not be charged with any reconnect fees and that the billpay would be properly set up to avoid having to go through this again. This debate continued in a circle a few more times and I had now spent almost 40 minutes of my time on this. I finally told Tony that I wasn’t going to debate this anymore and that I would simply cancel the account and write letters to the BBB, the Army consumer affairs group, and to Cricket, describing the events that led up to the loss of their customer. Tony said that was fine . . . and then went on to inform me that “they” had evidence that on the 17th of March I had called up to reconnect the phone because payment had been declined and also evidence that I had called on the 19th of April for the same reason. He was arguing my argument back to me!! I actually thought for a minute that I was being “Punked” by Aston Kucher.
    I can only assume that, when there is no other rational argument in their favor, Cricket trains their highly intellectual customer disservice representatives to repeat already agreed-to account facts over and over again with increasing amounts of verve. I suspect that this is done in an attempt to trick the customer into thinking that they have made some sort of mental blunder along the way. I must say that after the now 45 minutes of mind-numbing time I had spent on this, I was probably ripe for some sort of Jedi-mind-trick.
    Needless to say, I am no longer a Cricket customer. Instead of working with me, connecting me to someone who could rationally sort through the issue, adjust my account, and properly set up the payment arrangements, Cricket’s customer disservice system had me in a redundant argument (in which, two distinctly opposing viewpoints did not even clearly exist) with someone who could not have helped me in the first place. The result for Cricket is that, over $15.00, they potentially gave away $3, 486.00 of business (this does not figure in rate hikes or any added services). My daughter is finishing the 8th grade and we will, in all likelihood, provide her with phone service through college – albeit now, not with Cricket.

• Bb
      19th of Jun, 2009

For the last 3 billing cycles I have been charged a $15 reconnect fee even though the phone was not disconnected. It first appeared on my April payment. I paid it, but I sent several emails to Cricket CS and advised them that they should credit this amount as the phone was NOT turned off. To prove this, I told them that I forgot my password to pay the bill online and had them text it to me. How could they text it to me if my phone was off? They cant. I then called my wife with the password and she made the payment while on the phone with me. Cricket CLEARLY states that they do NOT have late fees, Only reconnect fees May Bill, the same, I sent more emails and deducted the $15 from the total. I receive a response the 2nd week of June telling me that I need to call 800 cricket. My June payment was due on the 17th, I paid it online on the 16th, AGAIN the same fees building. I again, deducted the Fee that they refuse to correct and paid what I owed for my service and today the phone was disconnected! I called. I asked for a Manager, after a fight, I got Jamisha, I repeated my complaint, she told me that a refund would take up to 72 hours. I told her I was fine with that. She said Ok Im transferring you to complete the transaction, "What is it we are suppose to be doing?" I re explained the story and she said..Sorry, we are not going to give you a refund. I was just told I would get one, and if I just paid you for a months worth of service through July and you disconnected my service eventhough I paid what I owe, then you owe me a refund. She then tells me that the bill covered the previous month! Which is a complete LIE so I pulled my bill up online with her on the phone and I said, Ma 'am, that is NOT true, Im looking at the bill and it says "Payment received $52 June 18th, Next payment DUE July 18th! Ive paid my phone bill for the month covering up to July 18th, but have NO SERVICE. I have disputed the charge with my bank for Services not rendered, as they were not.

• Gi
      1st of Oct, 2010

I have been with cricket for over two years . I have two lines with them, every other month I'm ordering a new phone. Today I was trying to upgrade my phone once again and I was placed on hold, tranffered, hung up on for over 3 hours. I tried going online and was unable to place order there said I had to pay my bill which i had done.

• Lx
      1st of Nov, 2010

hello, do you want high quality nfl jerseys with cheap price? want a suprise? go to http://www.buycnjersey.com ! super price! super quality!

-----
    [ http://www.buycnjersey.com] nfl jerseys
    [ http://www.buycnjersey.com/en/nfl-jersey-1-2/philadelphia-eagles/reebok-nfl-jerseys-philadelphia-eagles-7-michael-vick-green.html ] michael vick jerseys
    [ http://www.buycnjersey.com/en/nfl-jersey-1-2/indianapolis-colts/reebok-nfl-jerseys-indianapolis-colts-18-peyton-manning-blue.html ] peyton manning jerseys
    [ http://www.buycnjersey.com/en/nfl-jersey-1-2/minnesota-vikings/reebok-nfl-jerseys-minnesota-vikings-4-brett-favre-full-white-50th.html ] brett favre jerseys
    [ http://www.buycnjersey.com/en/nfl-jersey-1-2/dallas-cowboys/reebok-nfl-jerseys-dallas-cowboys-19-miles-austin-white.html ] miles austin jerseys

• Da
      11th of Jan, 2011

Cricket Customer Service has been the worst phone service i have ever experienced. The staff is incompetent and give false information. Cricket needs to deal with their employees Michele Badge # 1708, and Tracy CDQR. these supervisors give the run around and are clearly un qualified in what they do. If these are the mid-level management that they appoint, then you have a long way to go Cricket. get rid of your incompetent Staff.

7th of Feb, 2011

[censor] cricket and their worthless employees. They have screwed me over, shut off my phone after making a payment, sent me to 4 different cricket locations to get it turned back on (not caring that I just spent ALL my money to turn my phone on, and had NO gas money), and STOLE 50 dollars from me that I cannot get refunded to me. Basically, I just donated 50 dollars to cricket, like a charity or something. Their store numbers send you to an automated guy that will not send you to a live human being, and if you manipulate the system to be able to talk with a person, they cannot help you OR answer your questions.

• Un
      28th of Nov, 2011

The El Paso Area Cricket Offices are obliterated by nefarious nit wit idiots. They are Estupid mexicans and they deserve to be treated like a Estupid mexican(s). The Fox Plaza Store has an Estupid Mexican as a store manager and this EStupid Mexican thinks by hiring more Estupid Mexican(s) he increases proportionately the level of customer satisfaction. They all act and look like Estupid Mexican(s). This cricket store is a joke, the work force is slow, lazy, smart ### and dissrepectfull. Yes you got ... just like an ESTUPID MESICAN.