Credo Mobile / false claims, unethical practices, charged me $ for their own mistake and lied about it

San Francisco, CA, United States

I'd been a customer since the 1990s, when they were Working Assets. When my phone broke, I told them I only wanted to renew my contract if they could provide me with a phone similar to the old one. "We have one almost exactly like it, " they said. So I re-upped for another 2 year contract. When I called 3 days later to report that the new phone was not only nothing like the one I'd had, it was basically a functionless piece of plastic, they said they didn't actually have any more phones like the one I requested. Fine, I said, just cancel my contract. They insisted that I pay the $164 cancellation fee, and refused to admit that the situation was their error, not mine. At every turn, the rep I talked to contradicted the one who'd come before -- one said "I'm putting notes in your file so you don't have to explain this again, " the next said "we don't make notes, that's not our policy, " etc. In the end they shaved a nominal amount off the fee but still charged me $100 for nothing at all.

Ex