Creative Home Arts Club / lifetime membership harassment!

I have repeatedly declined the Lifetime Membership offer both by mail (at least 7 times) and once by telephone (they called me - it is not possible to reach this company by telephone or through the web site; 'contact us' brings you to a 'free membership' offer). This company is predatory in their pursuit of your money!

And Membership Benefits (specifically "Register to test and keep FREE arts and crafts products") are available only with additional purchases! The magazine itself is not bad if you don't mind being harassed to send the company hundreds of dollars for benefits you may not qualify for, at only $24 for 2 years. Other than this, DISCARD OR RECYCLE anything you receive from them!!!

Comments

• Ro
      14th of Mar, 2008

Hey I strongly agree with you. I received the exact letter. I call it a nice nasty letter. I went to this site, http://www.northamericanmediagroup.com/contact_us.htm and they connected me with this so called club. They did allow me to cancel the membership I supposed to have accepted. This was after I mentioned the BBB and calling the credit bureau about the scam. They cancelled me and told me to disregard the letter and future invoices. I was really nervious about this.

• Mj
      18th of Mar, 2008

Yes, this company is a SCAM!!!

I have gotten harrassing phone calls from them. Next call gets a Police whistle blown in their ear.

And I am getting ready to notify the BBB.

• So
      28th of Sep, 2009

Well, I visited this web site and found some of the projects interesting and signed up for the free trial membership. At the end of the trial I was offered a one-year membership for $12 instead of the normal $24 and I accepted it. I actually contacted the web site before accepting the membership and didn't have any trouble. My only complaint is that I missed one of the magazines but I emailed them and received a prompt response and a replaced magazine. I have never received anything from any north american media group. I can't help but wonder if perhaps that group obtained your information from some other crafting website.

So far I don't have any complaints. Hope it continues. Mary