Craftsmanwon't stand behind warranty

I tried to take back my broken allen wrench that was a craftsman lifetime warranty they said they did not have it and they couldn't do anything for me even though it was on the shelf then I took back a measuring tape that I bought 8 years ago with a lifetime warranty made in the US of A they had a cheaper version the same link on the shelf and they said there was no lifetime warranty on measuring tapes and I bought mine with a lifetime warranty they did not want to honor the warranty they said they could not do anything for me, because they did not believe that it had a lifetime warranty because the new ones only have a one year warranty I explained to them that when I purchased mine it said right on it lifetime not limited, I feel that they should not be selling Craftsman tools if they will not honor the original warranty at Ace Hardware in Auburn Indiana

Sc
Jan 23, 2015

Comments

• Tu
      Feb 28, 2009
    Craftsman - hand tools
    craftman
    Jacksonville
    North Carolina
    Phone: [protected]

hey my name is Turner iv'e broke two hand tools in less than six months and that is redickless yes they have a lifetime warranty but it is very inconvenient to have to go and get one the next day. there quality has gone down i have cheeper tools that i have had longer and they dont just brake. like pittsburgh tools and they have free replacements to. i really hope to see some improvement in the hand tools.

• La
      Aug 04, 2009
    Craftsman - garage door opener
    7402 N. Ivanhoe St.
    Portland
    Oregon

i was very explicit upon ordering a replacement garage door opener that i wanted 2 remotes. recieved package, wrong part number and only one remote. i recieved part # 953682, and upon reading instructions it states that part #953683 was the part that i requested. what do i do about getting what i ordered?

Sep 25, 2009
    Craftsman - loosening parts

I purchased a Gasoline Weedwacker and the carburetor and cylinder head have loosend up. Will start, but stalls when put in the "run" mode.

• Mi
      Mar 24, 2010
    Craftsman - Defective Product
    Sears
    Austin
    Texas

I will never purchase another sears product... Horrible support, rude customer service and defective merchandise. Not worth the money

• Ri
      Feb 08, 2011
    Craftsman - tool brek
    self
    125 n montana ave
    Morton
    Illinois
    [protected]@frontier.com

i purchased a half inch pear head ratchet wrench from a sears store in pekin ill 4 months ago an the selector switch is broken leaving to only work in reverse i went to the store where it was purchased and the clerk refused to replace the tool of which is only 4 months old in fact he was quite rude saying he had none left as i left the dept area i saw 2 on display on the handle it says u s a L1wa6eee

Feb 08, 2011

I found this for you on the Craftsman website.

If this Craftsman hand tool ever fails to provide complete satisfaction, it will be repaired or replaced free of charge.

WARRANTY SERVICE
    To obtain warranty coverage, return the product to the retailer from which it was purchased for free repair or replacement if repair is unavailable.
    Web address: http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/nb_10155_12602_NB_CSwarranty?adCell=WF#point8

Aug 17, 2011
    Craftsman - Did not show up for appointment
    Sears
    Johnson St
    Colfax
    North Carolina
    rr.com

An apponitment was made last week to repair (under warranty) a riding lawn mower. They made it for this week (Wednesday) between 8 and 12 and never showed up. I called to ask what had happened and they said they had gotten behind and would be here between 1 and 2 and again never showed up. I am currently preparing to call yet again but have giving up on getting the mower repaired.

•   Aug 17, 2011

Dear Mr. Sipe,
    I saw your post here and I want to apologize for all the difficulty you’ve had with getting service for your tractor. I can certainly understand how frustrating it is to wait for service all day and then have to reschedule. When we set up a service call, we anticipate that we can get the service tech to your home and the service completed within the time frame we give you. Waiting so long for service is not acceptable, but the delay is because a technician was held on a service appointment that took longer than expected. We can’t ask a tech to leave a job partially done in order to make the next appointment. We wouldn’t do that to you or any of our customers. This is not an excuse for what happened, just an explanation. With that being said, you should have been contacted regarding the situation so that arrangements could be made for your service and I am sorry for this unpardonable lack of communication. We would very much like to speak with you regarding your tractor service and take the necessary steps towards correcting this problem. My name is Laura with Sears Cares and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns such as yours. At your convenience please contact our office via email at [protected]@searshc.com and a personal case manager will reach out to you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number so that we can call you directly, the phone number the tractor is being serviced under (if different than the contact phone number), and please do include your user name (Joe Sipe) for reference to your issue. Again, I apologize for all the inconvenience you’ve experienced with this repair and we do appreciate the opportunity to help.
    Laura D.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

• Ra
      Dec 30, 2011

I broke a 3/8 drive ratchet that I had in a tool set that is about two years old I took the shiny non dented ratchet back to sears and it was replaced with a crappy dented ratchet I take good care of my tools and when I have one with a lifetime warranty break I expect that it be replaced with something of equal condition If sears is going to continue this Policy of replacing tools with crappy ones I think I will have to start buying snap one or mac or maybe even kobalt and sell all of my craftsman tools!

Sep 13, 2012
    Craftsman - shipping fees
    sears
    honey creek mall
    Terre Haute

Went to store to order belt for craftsman air compressor. The belt so small would fit in regular size letter envelope. No problem. Problem...cant just ship to sears any longer...ship to us...9.00 to ship that part. Unbelievable! I am thinking to not buy any craftsman products. That fee should be a customer perk. Had a 16 lb bowling ball shipped last we with no fees. Appreciated business!