CPS Security / not sure

San Antonio, TX, United States Review updated:
As soon as I recieved the notice I called to make good with my debtor. I told them I could make a 100 dollar payment on this peticular day and make the rest up on the following wednesday ( 2 days afterward of the initial 100 dollar payment). roger nelson's supervisor of which he would not release his name to me said that he would not accept my money. I tried to talk to this man to no avail, he hung the phone up on me in mid sentence. I tried to call back numerous times. The woman answering the phone would put me on hold and i would be hung up on within 10 seconds. I called and asked for this mans supervisor and they put me through to him everytime. As soon as he heard my name he would hang up. Myself and Roger Nelson made an arrangement to settle this matter on Nov 12 2008. He was actually a decent person to talk to at the time. on nov 10 2008 my bank notified me of a 99 dollar charge to this cps security. I called them back and they said that it was a misunderstanding in the accounting department and that this would be resolved and refunded that same day ( seeing as they did not have permission to go into my account at all.) By the following day my bank had told me that there was in fact nothing on my account to suggest that they tried to refund the money that they had took out. I then called Mr. Jim Ryan to find out what if anything was being done. He then proceeded to shout at me. He gave me some kind of confirmation number for the refunded money and then went on into a short but vulgar rant. " I gave you your damn money now when am i going to get mine?" I assured him that i was making the full payment the next day because of a direct deposit error. " well dont ###ing call me back till you have my damn money." he replied, and hung the phone up on me. Now i have been informed by my bank that they were not supposed to touch my account without my permission. I am pressing charges and i would suggest anyone else to do the same if you have been wronged like this. they broke the law. they threatned me numerous times with jail and prison. People should not be allowed the freedom to do bussiness like this nor should they keep it up. please help me in taking this matter further. I am not the first or the last for these people and they have got to be stopped. Please do not be a victim of thier threats or vulgar phone calls. all over 179 dollars.
Ca

Comments

Pa
  27th of Jul, 2009
I HAD THE MISFOURTUNE OF DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY BECAUSE OF SMC, SPECIALTY MERCHADISE CORPORATION. THEY ARE BOTH FRAUDGULENT. I JOINED SMC, THEN FOUND OUT THEY WERE A RIP OFF. CPS PHONE ON A DAILY BASIS. I CALLED BACK UNAWARE OF WHAT I WAS DEALING WITH. THEY SAID I OWED A DEBT TO SMC. I WAS HUNG UP ON & TREATED LIKE A CRIMINAL. I WAS LUCKY, SMC TOOK ME FOR ABOUT ALMOST $500.00. CPS SAYS I OWE $5000.00 FOR A WEB SITE THAT NEVER HAPPENED. THIS HS BEEN GOING ON FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS. STAY AWAY FROM BOTH OF THESE TYRANTS. C.B.M.H.
  22nd of Sep, 2009
Seems I too am the misfortune of CPS Security in SanAntonio, I am not disputing I owe the money I am just wanting to pay with a secure method of payment. And they refuse to allow me to do so. I get hung up on, I get talked to rudely. Im to the point of letting them file a case on me, just so I no longer have to deal with the SOB's. I dont know how they do business, or muchless gain accounts from big comp;anies! Well I guess I do know how they stay in business they scam people into paying more than they should.
Se
  17th of Dec, 2009
I too have the same dealings with CPS Security in Texas. I had a man by the name of Frank Phillips tell me that my letter was a mistake and then he hung the phone up on me. When I called back I couldn't even get two words in and he hung up on me again! When I called back to speak with a supervisor a girl that answered the phone would not tell me her name and she wouldn't listen to me and kept transferring me over. When I'd call back and ask her name she put me on hold and transfer me each time. This company is something else. My bank had made an error and printed a closed acct number on the bottom of my checks and I when I had written a few out of that batch and realized it I cleared the debt up right away. Now CPS keeps sending me letters threatening me that they will put me in prison yet everytime I call they say it's a mistake and everything is cleared up. This last time I called and spoke with the girl (who wouldn't give me her name) she said it had fradulent activity written on it and then she said she didn't know if it was cleared and that's when the transferring started. This company is not a company that I'd do business with that's for sure if I was a corporation. I'm going to make sure that CPS is blasted for this and I'm going to make sure they lose A LOT of business!!
Ar
  29th of Jan, 2010
Yes, had to check it for myself as well. Got this threatening notice in the mail as well, on what I consider a legitimate request for collection on an NSF check. Yes, I would pay it...
but who is it on the receiving end? Legit or not? So after having seen all this response, I will go to the company that received the NSF check personally and see it is taken care of through them and not by some fly-by-night group that insists on causing trouble. I have had this sort of threat over the phone as well. But nowadays Caller ID comes in really handy doesn't it? No reason to argue over the phone if you don't have to. But if you owe on a legitimate NSF check payment, then check it out with the company you made it out to. It is probably the best bet. Then they should give you a number to call for further pursuit. Sounds like people are getting duped right and left. I refuse to argue anymore with those who enjoy that kind of job. Too bad they won't have a chance with me.
An
  1st of Feb, 2010
I had dealings with a Frank Phillips and he also told me that they were going to file a lawsuit on me for credit cared fraud . I paid half of what i owed and tried to make arrangements with him and he refused unless i paid in full . I am going to try to contact HSN directly and pay them . he is very rude and has hung up on me several times. i want to clear my debt up but not with that company.
So
  12th of Feb, 2010
these people will not do anything i dont even think they are legit company they threaten me all the time and i have filed bankruptcy was told to send in writing after they cursed at me yelled at me and made me feel horrible i sent them notice three times in about 50 copies each time once on strips
So
  12th of Feb, 2010
i look forward to being served by this company for law suit i have recorded them cursing and yelling at me so bring on the judge!!! i will keep calling them keep writing them notifications of bankruptcy and attorney is working for me to actually press legit harassment charges and they are violating the law majorly we are seeking payment form them now from the stress that led to my stroke at thirty years old... i cant wait to see these ### in court and pull out my stacks of threating letters and recorded calls and be face to face to get my justice.
He
  2nd of Apr, 2010
I keep getting notices from this company. One letter reads at this time, the merchant is demanding full payment. What is bad about it, I have been employed with this merchant for 3 years. You think If I owe my employer money they would say something to me, or deduct it from my paycheck, but neither has happened. This company is a scam and ripoff.
Ma
  9th of Jun, 2010
I also spoke with Frank Phillips today with CPS. I had never even talked to the man before and he said he was sending my account to the courts. Now that I know who they are, I realize they had sent several notices, but I did not open them because I thought it was an advertisment for a home security system (CPS Security). The computerized messages that were left would say they were calling for "eight", and never had my name. I also received several messages from their number with someone with a heavy English accent saying that a credit card transaction was declined. Clearly I thought someone was try to fraudulently obtain information from me.

When I called today they were unwilling to work with me. I called him back and asked for the name of the attorney that he was sending my account to. He refused to provide me with that information. He said that I refused to pay. I never said that, I just said I couldnt pay right now. I offered to pay the amount off in 3 weeks. He offered me a settlement of around$575, but I told him I dont want a settlement, I want to pay everything that I owe.. I offered to pay the amount off in 3 weeks. I understand completely that they had the debt for quite a few months, and if I knew they were the ones trying to collect on my HSN debt I wouldve contacted them right away. He ended up saying he was going to hang up and then did.

These people are very unprofessional. I have contacted HSN directly to see if I can resolve this with them. I do not feel safe sending my money to such a shady group of people. I will file a complaint with the BBB and I will also find out who runs that company and suggest they do a google search for Frank Phillips so they can see for themselves the tactics that he uses.
  27th of May, 2011
I was sent a collection form about a bill from the county that I live in, I didn't even know what it was about, so I called the number in the form and found that it was not even correct in the body of the collection form that they sent. I then called the 877 number and was sent to a woman who was extremely rude, and said that I owed money to something that I didn't even do. I said I am going to talk to them directly, she said good luck with that, I said that I wasn't very happy about her manners and was about to ask for her manager, when she said "well you know what this is how I talk, so get used to it" and she hung up. Very unprofessional, rude, obnoxious, and stupid... as they didn't even have my name correct in their system. This has got to be a scam... Angelena good luck to you.
Wa
  19th of Sep, 2011
I had the same problem with this company and I get hung up everytime i call. I have gone ahead and reported them to better business bureau(bbb). it is the best Option. I want to clear the $262 they said I owe HSn but I have to know the details and what it is I am being charged for.I thought I made a payment to this people but anytime I asked to get any information they hang up on you unless you're calling to pay without asking any questions.let's get together to bring this company down.write complaints letter to the bbb or go to their site to fill out a complaint form.This company must be stopped. I have never seen such rude, nasty, belligerent and just plain unprofessionalism of the highest order in my life.
Sa
  5th of Apr, 2012
I missed a HSN payment by one day and they sent it to the collection agency. I tried to call an pay half of 600.00 and I talked to a woman and she had to ask the boss for partial payment and he took the phone and said all or nothing and hung up. I never heard of a collection agency not wanting money. Something is wrong with this group and that guy should be fired. Everybody should talk to HSN and make a complaint about him and get him fired.
Kr
  11th of Jul, 2012
I got a letter from this particular debt company saying that they have been authorized to use any means necessary to collect the $32.08 I owed to them from a check. It was written in a very threatening manner. As to have me scared. I looked through my checking account and noticed that particular check already cleared, I could tell by the check # and the amount matched exactly. Didn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure this one out. So I call the number because even though the check was paid, the incredibly obnoxious person on the other end wanted proof, so I had to fax the paperwork proving the check was paid. So I call this jerk back, and instead of saying sorry; he says the money was paid, "I Saw The File". why are you calling me and hangs up, I can't put it into words the amount of gaul it takes to hang up on me after knowing what he did was wrong. I've never met a bigger ###! Plain and simple. Stay as far away from
Ly
  2nd of Aug, 2012
I HAD (past tense) an HSN credit card account, which I closed due to the harassment of the "CPS Security" collection agency that they apparently use to collect debts. I was making my payments in full, several days before my due dates for months after I opened my account with them. One month, my ex was late paying my child support payment which I needed to pay my credit card payment that particular month since my hours were getting cut bad at work. So, I ended up being several days late making my payment on account of my ex not paying me on time. I had a credit limit of $1, 750 and I had like $300 put on the credit card and when I was late making that one payment, despite of all the other times I paid them early HSN dropped my credit limit down to $300! So at this point, my credit card is basically maxed out. This all happened in July 2011... So in February 2012, I got this strange letter in the mail from CPS Security stating that it was attempting to collect a debt of $53 to HSN. At this point, my credit card is in fantastic standing. I hadn't purchased anything on it in a long time and I was paying more on it than my minimum payment. So I was confused. I ended up shredding the letter because I knew my account was in good standing and paid. Well, then I start getting these phone calls from strange phone numbers. I am the type of person if I do not have a number saved in my phone, I do not answer it. The number kept calling me frequently and it left me a automated voicemail so I called it back to see what the deal was. The man that answered (Mr. Morales) was saying that I owed HSN $53 and I told him that I had already made a payment on my account so how did I owe HSN $53? My online statement said I owed nothing. He was trying to talk down to me like I was an idiot saying that my HSN account and credit card were not the same company. I'm like what the hell is this guy talking about. Then he was asking how I made my payments and I told him online on the HSN website. He started raising his voice to me and saying "AND WHAT WEBSITE IS THAT" and I repeated to him the HSN website. Duh ###, I know where I go to make my payments!! He started cussing at me, so I hung up on his ###. I called back again asking for a manager and the SAME GUY answered and pretended to be someone else! Then he was accusing me of yelling at "one of his associates" and I was like "How would you know that? You know how I know you would know that, because it was you!!" I told him he was very unprofessional and rude and that I was going to call HSN's corporate office and file a complaint on him and I proceeded to hang up on him. I called the number on the back of my HSN card immediately and asked for a supervisor. I told the man about what had happened and he asked for the number that had called me. I gave him the number and he called it and returned to me saying that he had called it several times and was hung up on. He told me he was convinced it was a scam to try to get my credit card information and he reported it to the Fraud Department. I forgot about it and then a month later I got another letter, so I called HSN again inquiring about the letter. I told them about the previous call where they had told me it was a scam and that it had been reported to the Fraud Department. The lady I spoke with said that the CPS Security place was actually legit and was there debt collection agency. So I was like "then why did the other supervisor think it was a scam, so you are telling me that the supervisor doesn't know the difference between a scam and your debt collection agency"? That just struck me as ridiculous! How do you not know that kind of thing? So the lady looked into it and told me that the debt they were trying to collect was from a Flex payment that didn't go through on my account for a pair of shoes on Flex Pay. I'm like "Why didn't I receive anything from you guys about the Flex payment not going through?" She said that letters were sent, which I never received. Basically, this did not sit well with me. I never wanted to do business with HSN ever again. If you have an unprofessional, rude company like CPS representing you I do not want to do business with you. So I closed my account with HSN and I will NEVER purchase anything from them again. They have lost me as a customer. I refuse to be harassed, treated like a ###, yelled at, cursed at and talked to in an unprofessional manner. You don't intimidate me CPS Security and Karma is a ###!! f*** HSN and CPS Security. I hope both of these unprofessional companies get shut down!!