Cox Communications / incorrect billing using autopay

1 121 S. Martin Luther King Blvd.Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: (702) 383-4000

This is only my point of view of this major communications conglomerate, but with that being said, I believe they should be brought up on charges. If you take anything from this tale, it should be & ldquo;do not sign up for autopay with cox!”

My story starts in a rather benign way with purchasing cox communications to supply my tv and internet access to my household. I have had them for years since they were my only choice. (Can we cay monopoly?) only recently my husband and I reviewed our bill to find that we were paying a lot more and getting way less compared to various new satellite communication companies. We thought what could be better than getting more and paying less in this newly monetarily restrictive climate. Making the decision to change from cox to satellite tv we made the calls and settled on a new provider. All that was left was to call cox and cancel. Sounds simple enough, right?

Here is where cox’s dark noxious cloud settled over our household.

On a saturday afternoon, after 5 pm, I called cox to cancel my account. They tried to argue that I never called in to complain about the service so why should they need to cancel my service. Working in a service industry, this was absurd to me! Why would I need to justify my dislike of a product to get it canceled? I don’t want it any more… I have moved on… this is a break up and no we can not be friends… this it is in my right to cancel? After the cox representative forced me to come up with some bogus answer involving conspiracy theories, aliens and the need to wear tinfoil hats, she finally let me cancel the service. [this reason for canceling was for my amusement only; we all know aliens come through the toaster ;)] I had five days to return their battered cable boxes and I would even be getting a refund of $75 for part of the month.

Monday morning, I got up and doing my usual monday routine I grabbed coffee and got on line to read the news and check my bank account. The need for coffee became no longer needed when I found that cox had gone into my checking and withdrew over $600 for no viable reason. After getting the household off to summer camp and work I got on the phone with cox to ask them the ever elusive question of & ldquo;what the hell!”

After speaking with a high number of doltish ###ic representatives I was finally transferred to the credit department. The credit departments response boils down to & ldquo;oops, so sorry, this debit is our fault, but we will refund your money in 5 to 7 days”. It has always amazed my how they can withdraw funds overnight but it takes an act of congress to put the stolen money back.

It is now wednesday and still the account sits empty of the $600+ so I being proactive decide to call them and check on the progress. The all new doltish representative tells me they are waiting on the collection of the cable boxes to even process the & ldquo;oops, so sorry, this debit is our fault, but we will refund your money in 5 to 7 days” deposit. When I exclaim, in a slightly panicked and pissed off state, you have your stupid boxes and remotes I am once again placed on hold. After what felt like 10 minutes, she came back with the comment of & ldquo;oh, here they are. We can process your refund now”. It is everything I can do to maintain my composer and not release a tirade of expletives and adjectives that would probably just make her ears bleed.

Now, maybe to you $600+ is not that much money but to our household it was to cover groceries, gasoline and the power bill for the house let alone a little bit a cushion till payday. Now I find myself pawing through the pantry looking for anything I can put together and call dinner (In the looses sense of the word) and coasting the best I can if I have to drive anywhere to save every drop of gas I can till either cox replaces the money they stole or payday, which ever comes first.

Thank you for reading my rant and I hope at the very least you do not sign up for autopay with cox. (Or cancel before it’s too late).

Comments

• Bo
      19th of Apr, 2011

Take heed, do not put Cox Communications on bank auto pay!

I just took them off. One of the girls from Cox tried to convince another girl at my financial institution to release money from my account. It almost happened but I changed to another banking institution just in time!

San Diego area.

• Co
      10th of Jun, 2014

You are not going to like this.To begin with, you have enough commercials on TV and very, very loud I wear hearing aides and even if I turn them all the way down it still is very, very loud.Next, I get enough commercials on TV, I would like it if you people would be be nice and TAKE THEM ALL OFF.It's a pain in the butt when you are doing something and be cut off from a ---- commercial.A long time ago, last year around this same time I was sending a long note and to a very close friend when my screen went to a light brown, stayed that way for a very long time and when I finally got my screen back guess what was on it, A COX CABLE COMMERCIAL and I ended up losing the whole d--- thing.Can I send another one?He passed away soon after that.I was into the V.A. portion trying to find something and kept being interrupted from stupid COMMERCIALS.It's VERY, VERY ANNOYING.I bought this thing to get away from all the loud and dumb things on tv.SO, IT IS A PAIN TO KEEP CORRECTING WHAT I AM DOING.I'M TO D--- OLD TO GET AGGREVATED BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU PEOPLE ARE DOING.Thanks for listening, I hope this does some and I don't mean filling up the waste basket.