Country Club Sod & Landscape / stay away from country club sod and irrigation
I spent $11,347 with this company to do a complete landscape design and irrigation with St. Augustine grass in the front yard and Bahia in the back with 98 viburnum bushes surrounding the perimeter of the back yard and seminole chips, a palm and 15 sheiflera in the front yard.
1. They did not spray the yard after they pulled up the old grass. I told them I was concerned about weeds and Bermuda grass growing through the new sod, but Ed Stein, the designer and project manager, assured me this wouldn't be a problem.
2. The Seminole Chip rock sample was orange. When the two tons arrived at my house, it was pink. I was told it would change color after being exposed to the elements.
3. The Bahia sod was laid very loose with 1 in gaps in some areas. I was told it would grow together in a short time.
COMPLAINTS AFTER 3 MONTHS:
1. After three months of $300+ water bills, I called Country Club Sod and Irrigation and asked them to please take a look at the irrigation system and make sure there wasn't a broken line or something causing the water bill to be so high. They told me the irrigation specialist would contact me. After a week of several calls pleading with them to send someone out and no response, I fixed the problem myself. They did not install the irrigation valves correctly which led to my meter being fooled into thinking I had my water on full blast 24/7. I tried to resolve this for three more weeks, but no one would return my calls. I estimate this mistake of theirs cost me about $500.
2. Just as I suspected, weeds began to grow in the areas between the Bahia sod and it never evened out. Bermuda grass also began to show up in the St. Augustine grass in the front yard. This is clearly a result of not spraying and killing everything during the tear-out phase. I estimate this has cost me more than $250 in specialty lawn care from Dr. Jack's over and above the several hundred dollars I spend with them for maintenance.
COMPLAINTS AFTER 8 MONTHS:
1. The rock is still a dark red and not even close to orange.
2. I began to get a hole in my front yard and side yard. After further inspection via digging a larger hole, I noticed the lid of my main septic tank had been moved leaving a 1" gap for dirt to fall in. Further, the secondary holding tank lid was broken. The most frustrating part of this is that I personally exposed the tanks to show them where they were located and to not drive their tractor on them. Further, I asked them to please check the tanks before laying the sod to make sure nothing was broken or moved. I was assured they did and now I find out 8 months later that they didn't.
This has cost me another $500.
Once again, I called and was told by one of the new owners that they weren't responsible for the damage their company did to my septic system 8 months ago. I was also told that they would possibly be inclined to help me to get repeat business, but since I did my entire yard, they can't expect any repeat business, so, they didn't see why they would want to help me.
During the conversation, the new owner displayed an attitude of arrogance, combativeness, and downright poor customer service.
Her suggested resolution was that I spend more money with them at "cost" for them to fix the damage they caused.
I told them that was unacceptable and I asked them to please send someone out to access the damage and to offer me a better resolution. After a week, I still haven't heard from them.
THIS COMPANY AND THEIR NEW OWNERS ARE NOT WHO I WOULD DO BUSINESS WITH EVER AGAIN. I RECOMMEND ANYONE LOOKING FOR SOD AND LANDSCAPE IN THE CENTRAL FLORIDA AREA TO STAY AWAY FROM COUNTRY CLUB SOD AND IRRIGATION.
More Country Club Sod & Landscape Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Country Club Dubai - cheaters 
- Country Vacations - vacations/club membership
- Country Club Bangalore - false promises from country club! 
- [Resolved] Country Club - India - not meeting commitments!
- Country Club - Bangalore, India - allotment letter of plot has not been received!
- Country Club - membership - false claims
- Country Club - country club not responding
- Country Vacations - worst vacations
- Country Club - country club riyadh cheater
- Country Club Dubai - refund for membership cvauh82kl5l4547 - pending since 14 september 2017