Consumer Portfolio Services / Awful company

Consumer Portfolio Services
My loan was do on May 11th 2009 but because of my car breaking down and unforseen billing I was pressed regarding my car note...I was told by a very nice csr to call back on the day my payment was do and speak with a supervisor regarding my hardship. I called that day and was told to fax over a copy of my repair order and a signed instllment credit extension agreement. I did just that...faxed one to the sender (management) and one went to the modification department. I was told by management that I was approved for the extension and that my payment wouldn't be due until the following month. note: (I have never missed or been late on a payment)

I go along thinking everything has been handled in a professional manner I even faxed another extension agreement 3days later after getting another call from another cps rep and when I told her what was going on with my account she just advised that I send another fax over the the modification dept. She was pleasent.

However I get a call today at my job from another CPS Rep his name ALBert.
The call threw me off at first and when I couldn't explain the name of the forms that I faxed over last week he stated that I needed to send him a copy of what was sent...I said that I didn't have the paperwork in hand he got even more obnoxious and said that there was no information noted on the account and since I couldn't come up with the forms that I must be making it up...I was livid when I asked to speak with he supervisor he refused and stated that I could have voice mail. I could feel my blood boiling and because I am at my job and I myself deal with customers I refused to get any more upset and chose to end the call by hanging up on this CPS professional and called back to speak with his supervisor...I told his boss what happened and asked them to please listen to the call that just took place between me and this rep. She stated that she would and apologized for the problem I had with Albert..I don't know if these complaints help in these matters or even if these people get written up...I do know that BBB is aware and hopeful that something will be done. We live in sensitive times and I am a firm believer in Karma and how we live our lives and inner act with others will manifest itself in our own personal day to day transactions.

I believe that this will be resolved sooner or later...People are tired of being treated like doo doo...

N  29th of Jun, 2009 by
It's not a "car note". Let's talk like adults when we are discussing financial matters. We aren't in a club or chatting with our homegirls.

Things will be resolved when you make your car payment, instead of making excuses.
A  23rd of Nov, 2009 by
I too have had the same exact problem with this company. I have come to the conclusion that this is a govt owned company. Because they break every law that can be broken and they are still in business, it leads me to believe that the govt set up this company to give the poorest of poor and those that struggle the most to pay their debts for whatever reason, a loan to get a car so they can continue to work. A person with a car is much more likely to be responsible then someone who doesn't have a car. If it wasn't a govt owned company there is no way they wouldn't have been sued. I would like to start a civil law suit. I would like to get everyone that has had any kind of bad experience with this company an opportunity to take part in this law suit. If you are interested in moving forward with me, please email me at julesbydesign@yahoo.com. In the subject line please post CPS Car issues. If you would forward me an email with what you have gone thru with this company and any contact info you feel comfortable sharing, I promise you I will do my best to expose these people in our court system. This company went into my daughters checking account a second month in a row, and took payment, even though they were told several times that they could only take one months payment. The lady then said to my daughter we will be taking next months payment as well. My daughter said no, they didn't have her permission to go in there any other time but the payment she was calling for. They went ahead and stole the money out of her account the next month without any kind of contact or permission. I too have suffered all the same phone harassment as well as having all my family members being told that they were coming to repo my car. Again, I will be shopping for an attorney and filing a class action law suit. If the govt is behind this, it needs to be exposed, if this is an American company doing business in America, then they need to abide by the laws in America and calling and threatening and stealing money from our accounts is not the way we do business in a law abiding country. Email me if you are interested in joining this civil lawsuit. julesbydesign@yahoo.com

Consumer Portfolio Services Logo Consumer Portfolio Services