Compass Bank / never will bank with them again

1 San Antonio, TX, United States

From day 1 I have had nothing but problems with compass bank. I have only had the account for 6 months. I havent had a bank in a while until i opened up this account. (after my dilemas with compass it may be another long while to trust another bank) I just called tonight to check my balance since ive had so many previous issues before. It said i was negative $91.00. I was floored because i last went to a compass atm 2 weeks ago to withdraw $260 from my checking account which i knew was in there because i called to check the balance and did a balance inquiry, mind you from the compass bank atm, verifying the money was in there. My gut was telling me to call tonight and then I spoke to rep whom told me that there was a $2 atm fee on the same night of the withdrawal. I could not understand why since i went to my own bank's atm to avoid fees in the first place. The rep told me that they charge an atm fee and since it put my account negative they charged me $38 and then another $38 for it being negative 6 days and then $7 per day until it is put positive again. I could not understand since i have been to a compass atm before (not the same machine) with no issues. The rep told me that the fee assess depending on which atm location it is although its my own bank's. I contested the amount and wanted a manager. He then said they cannot credit my account back and will have a customer compliance agent contact me in 24 - 48 hrs.
This is some bull-###. I will never recommend this bank to anyone.

Pi