Compass Bank / check number 44120

5342 Airline Dr, Houston, United States Review updated:
Phone: 713-867-2105

I received a check for over draft settlements in the amount of $8.42. The check was dated 01-10-2014 routing number and account number was :[protected]: [protected]"44120. I had problems trying to cash check at Compass bank when clerk Deborah Cano said it was strange the check received did not cash or is not valid for some reason, after cashing prior checks of the same status with no problem. Deborah even attempted to get manager to assist but after many attempts this check is a void and can not be cashed. It was a hassle dealing with trying to get this check cash this was the only way I could contact you. Sincerely Fred Taylor at 9943 Valley Mill Ct, Houston, Tx 77078.

Fr
Apr 8, 2014

Comments

• Wi
      21st of Jun, 2007
    Compass Bank - Being robbed!

Holding direct deposits pushing thru debits large debits first then small debits at 38$ each BEING ROBBED. Poor banking practices feel like I'm dealing with the dmv. They just don't care!

• Mc
      2nd of Jan, 2008

Not only do they hold the direct deposit and push the debits through first, but when you call to see if your deposit is there the automated system tells you it is available. When in actuality it is not if you use your card you will be charged $38 for each transaction you do against that deposit so buy the time it post your money is gone in fees alone. On top of that while you have no clue this is happening they are charging you $7 a day for overdrafting your account until it is back in the black. I keep very good records and know what I have (Or should have in the bank so I had no clue until I went a week later to make a withdrawal and there was no money.) I really hope there is some recourse that can be taken against this kind of theft from thier customers.

• Al
      19th of Feb, 2008

We are having the exact same problem. I am very disgusted with this bank. I even asked if it was possible for us to open a savings account and put some money in it that way if we had an overdraft they could just transfer it from our savings to our checking. That way we aren't charged that rediculous overdraft fee. They said the only thing we could do was a line of credit where we had to fill out an application and if we qualified we can get overdraft protection. It is basically like a credit card and I really did not want to do that. I think what they are doing is highway robbery!

11th of Sep, 2008
    Compass Bank - service of course
    compass
    Alabama
    Phone: 251-679-9286

run it short : they insinuated that i am a liar and that because they couldnt see my husband in the third row of our black out tinted windows through 3 lanes who was feeding our 5 month old that i could not withdraw 15.00 of our 1500.00 check. THis is the latest in a 20 years of banking with them. DO NOT USE COMPASS BANK!!!

• Th
      21st of Jan, 2010
    Compass Bank - Fuzzy math
    Texas

My statement listed 4 debit items showing positive balance on the same date. The next debit item was listed on the following date and my account was charged a $38.00 overdraft fee for that item and 4 $38.00 fees for the debit items from the previous day. You can imagine the snowball affect this caused. Now they are billing me for almost $700 in fees. THIEVES!!

• Ti
      22nd of Jan, 2010

But what did your check register say? You do keep a check register, don't you? You couldn't be stupid enough to rely only on an online/phone balance, could you?

• Ab
      6th of Mar, 2010
    Compass Bank - customer service
    BBVA Compas

Their customer service reps are sometimes really rude! They also aren't very knowledgeable... plus their over-the-phone surveys suck. They're so wordy and awful. The people doing them are really nice, but I don't think they actually work for the bank, so that's probably why.

• Ce
      9th of Sep, 2010

Obviously you are not on your husband's account or you would not have had a problem receiving less cash. The employees are responsible for identifying the person receiving the cash, even if it is a small amount they are still responsible for insuring that the funds are going to the appropriate person. You aren't really mad because they did their jobs are you? If they accidentally let someone else withdraw from your account I bet you would be mad too. I bet your response would be "Why didn't you check their ID??!!!??" not "well at least you didn't hassle the criminal for their ID"