Compass Bank / estate of late father
My father died over 6 years ago. Compass Bank would not change the address of record on his bank account even though he had requested it prior to his death. He was living with my husband and I at the time of his death. We had forgotten about the account over the years. It only contained a little over $1,000. Recently, while going through some old papers, we found an old bank statement on the account. We took a certified letter from the probate judge along with a death certificate to the bank. The letter told them to release the funds to me. They said they would send it to their legal department and let me know when I could have the funds. That was on 4/20/07. As of 4/24/07, still no word. They never return my calls. I have to go to the bank everyday on my lunch hour to check on the status. The other banks at which my father had small accounts were very courteous, efficient and released the funds to me the day I presented them with the letter from the judge. I would recommend that no one have any type of account with Compass and they are the most inefficient financial institution I have ever had the misfortune to have any dealings with.
More Compass Bank Complaints & Reviews
- BBVA Compass Bank - frozen account 
- BBVA Compass Bank - non-sufficient funds charges 
- Compass Bank - holding deposits to generate nsf fees 
- BBVA Compass Bank - excessive nsf fee 
- Compass Bank - Vehicle Loan - crooked business! 
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - branch manager, and employees at northport alabama branch
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - closed account for no reason and holding on to the funds
- BBVA - credit card services
- BBVA Compass Bancshares / Compass Bank - service bbva compass poor and rude customer service
- Compass Bank - service charges on an account that was closed 5 months ago.