Comcast / Broadband / unreturned modem

4 Waterbury AvMadison, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 203.245.7030
We switched from just Comcast Broadband to Broadband/tv/landline in Sept 2006.
In April 2008 the computer decided that we hadn't returned the first modem (like we collect old modems). Our *August 2008* bill lists "Unreturned Modem: $45".

When I went online to pay my bill, the 45. was included in the total, which I paid. I next saw a credit balance of 45. I called, and after an hour of haggling was told that their records showed an unreturned modem (which I had initially missed as a line item), and (since I called) that they would put out a search for the "missing" modem.

Two weeks later I called and was told that they "found" the modem & I was no longer liable. But the 45. was a "ghost charge" (honest) that I didn't owe yet. So why was it on my bill? My suspicion is that they sent out a lot of Unreturned Modem billings, hoping that no one would notice. Am I being too cynical?

Comments

Ac
  18th of Nov, 2008
COMCAST should be named CON-CAST they're doing the same to me. They're charging me $40 for the modem that was returned. If you are new customer trying to get cable/internet service, DO NOT GET COMCAST! Or CON-CAST rather!
Co
  29th of Nov, 2008
Comcast was charging us for two missing DVR's that their tech's swapped out and even signed the work order. They told me they were not returned and they do not accept anything their techs write on the paperwork and we have to prove we dont have them. waht BS.. Thsi went on for almost two years and they kept wanting to charge us, so we went to Dish TV.

now they are saying we owe them for two cable modems. We never purchased, borrowed or even rented internet modems from them and now i owe them for two? I asked them to provide proof that we reveived this and they cant, but refuse to remove these from my account. The tech mentioned that if you do not specify when you call in to activate your modem that you bought it, they just assume you picked it up at comcast. What a bunch of crooks!!!

Comcast / Xfinity Logo Comcast / Xfinity