Comcast / Broadband / unreturned modem
We switched from just Comcast Broadband to Broadband/tv/landline in Sept 2006.
In April 2008 the computer decided that we hadn't returned the first modem (like we collect old modems). Our *August 2008* bill lists "Unreturned Modem: $45".
When I went online to pay my bill, the 45. was included in the total, which I paid. I next saw a credit balance of 45. I called, and after an hour of haggling was told that their records showed an unreturned modem (which I had initially missed as a line item), and (since I called) that they would put out a search for the "missing" modem.
Two weeks later I called and was told that they "found" the modem & I was no longer liable. But the 45. was a "ghost charge" (honest) that I didn't owe yet. So why was it on my bill? My suspicion is that they sent out a lot of Unreturned Modem billings, hoping that no one would notice. Am I being too cynical?
More Comcast / Broadband Complaints & Reviews
- Comcast & Credit Protection Association - comcast did not inform credit protection association that payment is made 
- Comcast Cable Tv - there making me pay $800 to move there box out of my yard 
- Comcast / Broadband National - big rebate scam! 
- Comcast Cable - unauthorized charges (pay per view) 
- Comcast Digital Voice - paying $3.00 rent on their phone modem! 
- Comcast / Xfinity - Technican
- Comcast / Xfinity - internet alarm system cable services
- Comcast / Xfinity - voice
- Xfinity - internet, tv & phone "best deal of the year!"
- Comcast / Xfinity - "top stories"