Coles Supermarkets / stikeeze

1 Australia

I am extremely concerned about the new Coles giveaway "Stikeeze" because of their high risk as a potential choking hazard. The size of the toys and the shape of them, in particular the orange one, poses a very dangerous risk for children to be given. Because of the rubbery texture of the toy the choking hazard would be even worse because they could not be coughed up. My 5 year old grandson opened up an Orange Stikeeze yesterday, and the first thing he did with it was to put it in his mouth to wet the sticky bit. I was alarmed when I actually looked at the toy and saw what a choke hazard it was. When I went back to the store the manager showed me that in completely illegible small print there was a warning sign saying that the toy poses as a choke hazard for small children. Are you kidding me? No parent could even read the warning. They trust that they are giving their child something safe. I am really concerned that some parent will give these to their child while driving home from the supermarket completely oblivious to the danger they are putting their child in. I will not be happy until they are recalled.

Coles Supermarkets