Coles / poor quality of tins

1 Forster, New South Wales, Australia Review updated:

I am writing to complain about the extremely poor quality of coles brand tins for all of the tinned foods. We use coles brand baked beans, beetroot, diced tomatoes, fruit salad, pineapple pieces, tuna in brine for eg. The tins are impossible to open, they are way too thin and our can openers seem to just dent them or dimple them, my mother has motor nuerone and even using an electric can opener she has trouble. I often wonder how people with arthritis or other conditions even manage to open these... I have even tossed a full can of tuna away with disgust after failing to open it when pushed for time. I have tried using the old lever can openers, even these just dimple the top. My 21 yr old daughter sliced her finger open the other day on a tin of tuna, and my fiance took 5 mins to open some fruit salad. I resorted to kitchen shears/ scissors to finish off removing a lid to the point of bending it back enough (In half) to remove the diced tomatoes.
The whole idea of buying shop brand tinned food is to save money, not build frustration to the point of resorting to shopping at different supermarkets such as bi lo, aldi or woolworths. I think coles is cheaper but not if I can't buy their home brand items just so they can save $ by suppling # quality tins!

Ka
Aug 9, 2014

Comments

• Pi
      19th of Aug, 2014

Staff member observed placing slightly cracked caged egg into free range eggs package. When asked what they were doing replied "the egg was broken" Was so stunned didn't think of asking further questions. Who knows how often a customer is paying the higher price for free range, when they're actually getting the unwanted option ? Perhaps the egg shells themselves should be stamped.