Coles / poor quality of tins
I am writing to complain about the extremely poor quality of coles brand tins for all of the tinned foods. We use coles brand baked beans, beetroot, diced tomatoes, fruit salad, pineapple pieces, tuna in brine for eg. The tins are impossible to open, they are way too thin and our can openers seem to just dent them or dimple them, my mother has motor nuerone and even using an electric can opener she has trouble. I often wonder how people with arthritis or other conditions even manage to open these... I have even tossed a full can of tuna away with disgust after failing to open it when pushed for time. I have tried using the old lever can openers, even these just dimple the top. My 21 yr old daughter sliced her finger open the other day on a tin of tuna, and my fiance took 5 mins to open some fruit salad. I resorted to kitchen shears/ scissors to finish off removing a lid to the point of bending it back enough (In half) to remove the diced tomatoes.
The whole idea of buying shop brand tinned food is to save money, not build frustration to the point of resorting to shopping at different supermarkets such as bi lo, aldi or woolworths. I think coles is cheaper but not if I can't buy their home brand items just so they can save $ by suppling # quality tins!
More Coles Complaints & Reviews
- Coles Supermarkets - bullying and harassment at work 
- Coles Supermarkets - sms's to phone 
- Coles Supermarkets - moldy butter (jeffs unsalted butter) 
- Coles Supermarkets - abuse 
- Coles Supermarkets - lamb with sweet spiced anglo-indian sauce 
- Coles Supermarkets Australia - baby formula
- Coles Supermarkets Australia - misleading advertising
- Coles Supermarkets Australia - stikeez - unethical supply to supermarket
- Coles Supermarkets Australia - coles email giftcard
- Coles Supermarket - truck driver