Coldwell Bankerscam

R

I contacted the Capital Region's Coldwell Banker Concierge Service for recommended painters to paint an outside porch. The director of the Concierge Service seemed very much on the ball and aggressive in terms of making sure the estimates were competitive with one another. After the vendor I chose painted my porch and did a horrible job (painted over layers of peeling and flaking paint instead of scraping, painted areas I was explicit about leaving unpainted, got paint on my natural wood ceiling, left garbage for me to dispose of including paint cans, paint roller, paint roller tray, caulk containers, etc.) I contacted the director to come take a look for herself so that there would be no "he said, she said". Well, she said it was between the vendor and customer and since she's not a painter she can't judge his work. Anyone who isn't blind can see what kind of a job was done. I then contacted the vendor, who is a master scam artist, and after being jerked around for a month trying to get him to come and look at the job that was done I gave up. He sent me a bill for the entire amount as well as an e-mail stating that the porch was "fully scraped". At that blatant lie I decided to write to the owners of Coldwell Banker Prime Properties (Green Island) and the president of Coldwell Banker in New Jersey. I spent a great deal of time writing a 4 page letter that documented everything that had happened, asking them to look into their director, to come take a look at my porch and to remove this vendor from their list of recommended vendors as he obviously does not do good work and no customer should have to deal with something like this happening to them. I sent the letters with return receipt requested and the only thing I received in return was some more aggressive, unapologetic voice messages from the director stating that they don't get involved in vendor disputes and that the vendor would now come at any time I wanted. After waiting a month for him to come I had started other work on my porch and did not want him coming to ruin what I had taken such time on. She would not remove the vendor, nor look at his work. The owners of Coldwell Banker never responded in any way. To say that I was disappointed was an understatement. After all, the Coldwell Banker Concierge Service website states: "Concierge vendors are carefully reviewed for professional qualifications, responsiveness and quality of work". No one ever came to review that quality of work. I know I definitely would have if someone had complained about a contractor I was recommending and had invited me to look at the work. The Coldwell Banker Concierge Service is not customer oriented in the slightest and they just don't seem to care in the slightest. Save yourself the frustration and headache and pick a contractor out of the phone book. You'll probably have better luck and you won't be upset that you trusted such a reputable company to watch out for you only to have them stab you in the back.