Coinbase

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 by

withdrawing money

Warrington, Cheshire, England, United States
Hi,

I would like to make a complaint.

We set up an account to purchase Litecoin a few weeks back. You took our ID and bank details for us to confirm who we are to be able to make a payment. We then made a payment of £500 for our coins. When we tried to withdraw our money, we were then told that we needed to activate our bank to confirm who we are again. To do this we had to make an international payment from our bank account using the details that you provided. We did this and was told that it would take 2 days to verify. 2 days came and it still said the same message. We then made an international call where we was on hold for 50 minutes. This cost us £61. We was told that there was other areas we needed to complete on our account and we would be sent an email telling us what we needed to do. The email only provided a link to the website and didn't actually tell us what to do. So we wasted time and money. We then called back yesterday, on hold for a further 50 minutes to be told that we need to provide further ID. I have sent my passport and still no money. It still says that our bank needs to be verified. I asked one of your agents to check my IBAN on the call yesterday but she refused. My friend also had the same issue. She called and the guy she spoke to (Justin) altered her IBAN and within 2 days she had her money, yet the agent I spoke to refused to do this. When I look on the site, it looks like your IBAN is in the field where my IBAN should sit.
I have provided you with a copy of my passport, copy of my driving licence, bank details, international payment and you still cant transfer me my money. I have spent hours on the phone and it has cost me money trying to contact your customer service team who will only send an email with a link to your site.
I am obviously frustrated with the situation. I want somebody to contact me with a solution!

Please also send me a copy of your complaints process.

Many Thanks

Darren Cragg
darrencragg1@hotmail.co.uk
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Services

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree