Cohen's Fashion Optical / poor service

1 Jersey Gardens Outlet MallElizabeth, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 908-354-1599

Do you know that the Optomitrists within these franchised locations are unaffilliated with the company?
My complaint is that I went back to the store where I received an eye exam and purchased my glasses to get a copy of the prescription so that I could buy some contact lenses. I was told, brusquely, by the clerk, "That doctor don't work here no more...and she took her records with her". When I complained the clerk said, "That's not my problem" and walked down to the other end of the counter to talk to her boyfriend. As I walked out, I heard her say, "Jerk" under her breath! Wow, what a spectacular customer service moment!

How can a store allow a doctor to leave without maintaining a copy of the medical records? Basically they told me "tough luck"...and now i have to start all over again with a new doctor. Well, guess what, it won't be the one currently working in their back office!!

Bc

Comments

Fu
  15th of Dec, 2009

New Jersey like many states protects the patient by requiring the "optical store" doctor to maintain separate records. Ideally, your eye exam is a "private matter" between you and your doctor- free from the pressures of "just" selling glasses by the staff. Unfortuneatly, doctors who
work with "corporate" locations often terminate their relationship for various reasons. Next time- find an office where the doctor is treated well and enjoys the "location of pratice".

Ru
  15th of Nov, 2010

i went to the cohens optical in white plains new york, at the galleria mall.
i see what look like a doctor come out of the edging room and say to the cvounter person, " hold on i am almost finished cutting lenses".
i have used cohens for almost 10 years and i have never seen a doctor cutting lenses.
i asked him his name and he said Dr Dee with double e.
i said thats not a real name, and he said that i could not pronouce his real name and refused to tell me his real name. i believe he was a phony and they use unqualify people at that location. i called cohens and reported it and they said they will look into it. i don't want someone unqualified cutting my lenses