Club Penguin / blatent rip off of children and families

1 Canada Review updated:

Be very wary of this pay per month situation the charges are reoccurring and there is no choice to select only one month. Your credit card will be charged monthly until you notice and cancel. Id f you have done this erroneously and did not mean to commit to more than one month there is no recourse, they will not refund or satisfy you and their legal team has made sure that your credit card company has no recourse either. They have covered all their bases and are making lots of money from unsuspecting parents. Walk away from Disney!

Comments

• Ua
      23rd of May, 2011

My kids received a year long memebrship as a gift from us for Christmas. A year later it did renew unbeknownst to me. When I noted the charge the next month I contacted Club Penguin and they did end the membership and reverse the charge. This was last year. Perhaps their policy has changed, but they did take care of me. But I agree, you have to be really careful with their site and their practices. Now my kids only use the membership cards you buy at the store and NOT my credit card. They do sell one month membership cards.

• Fh
      3rd of Mar, 2013

THIS IS A HUGE SCAM. PASS THIS MESSAGE ON TO AS MANY PEOPLE YOU KNOW.
    I too have been scammed for years. Lost the child's username (he stopped using it and forgot it) and my child is now an young adult and I was still being chargedI Out of frustration I went to my bank and complained of fraudulent activity on my credit card and demanded refunds. Magically the account finally terminated.
    SHAME ON YOU DISNEY!!!

2nd of Nov, 2013

I remember when my children asked me to become members. I became alarmed when reading through the terms and conditions and reading the fine print on membership signup "All memberships automatically renew unless canceled."
    This isn't standard business practice and point blank refused to accept these terms. My suggestion is go and buy a gift card and stay away from doing any online purchases with Club Penguin