Club Mahindra Holidays / Not honouring commitment - no refund
Seems we made a bad choice!!!
We had taken membership of a Red Studio in January 2008 and paid Rs. 41, 880 (Rupees forty-one thousand eight hundred and eighty only) towards the initial payment. Subsequently some of the terms of the special offers that were verbally conveyed to us at the time of registration were not honoured by MHRIL, namely the following:
The 2-weeks international holiday offer through RCI for travel at any time within 2 years, with a minimum of 3 days' stay at any one destination. It is now described to be "not valid for travel during peak school vacations and festival periods", with minimum 7 days’ stay at any destination.
Subsequently the offer was randomly downgraded to 2-weeks ClubMahindra domestic holidays instead of the international holidays offered earlier.
The special offer of 6 free Air Deccan tickets, on which we have been subsequently asked to pay all taxes and fees amounting to over Rs.2000 per ticket, while the understanding was that the tickets were completely free, as specified by MHRIL executives.
A prolonged exchange of emails ensued and MHRIL promised to meet us in person, which also was not done. A complete silence on emails or any other communication is being maintained by MHRIL since the Company’s last email dated 16th February, asking to meet us.
This had left us feeling cheated, with the belief that ClubMahindra does not honour the commitments made at the time of booking membership, and secures members under false pretences. We therefore requested MHRIL on March 1, 2008 to cancel our membership and give us a full refund immediately. The same was acknowledged by their call centre (cancellation reference no. 639488), and we were promised a full refund within 30 – 45 days.
No communication was received by us subsequently despite reminders, and 45 days are over. A complaint (complaint ID 138608) has now been registered against MHRIL with the National Consumer Helpline.
I received an email today where they have outright refused to refund any money at all.
More Club Mahindra Holidays Complaints & Reviews
- Club Mahindra Gift Certificate - gift voucher no. not been accepted for redemption of gift voucher 
- Club Mahindra Holidays - Deficiency in service, dishonoring valid reservation req and failed to deliver as promised! 
- Club Mahindra - Unethical business 
- Club Mahindra Holidays - False committment 
- Club Mahindra Holidays - fraud company 
- Club Mahindra - service
- Club Mahindra - club mahindra holidays — 30000 vouchers not received
- Club Mahindra - why asf amount is charged? member id 2729802
- Club Mahindra - very bad service (worst I ever seen) 
- Club Mahindra - false commitments