Clearwire / refund of activation fee

1 Milton, United States Review updated:

I agreed to sign up for their wireless broadband service on the condition that the $35 activation fee be waived. After checking with his supervisor the salesperson said I would be billed for the activation but then have it refunded to me in the form of a gift card. Two months have passed and after two calls to customer service they are refusing to refund the amount.<br />
In addition, I've been using their so-called high speed service of 6 mbs, but find that it is just as slow as the DSL lite I had prior to switching to Clear. <br />
Their customer reps are incompent, don't have the authority to resolve any real problems and will tell you what you want to hear just to get you off the phone. Recommend you steer clear of this unethical company. I am currently looking for a different service provider.

Lc

Comments

• Ih
      7th of Sep, 2010

I bought there modem and found out when I got home I could not use it bcaus I was on a fnge area where the signal is hit and miss. I was also told I would have 14 days to return it if I did not like it or need it. Upon attempting to return the modem I had to jump through hoops to send it back. Then I didn't even get a full refund. I was never told that the activation fee was not able to be refunded.