Clear Rate Communications / phone scam

1 Lansing, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-877-4799

After hearing all the details of the phone service I declined the offer because Verizon was way cheaper than Clear Rate, within the week I received a bill from Clear Rate, they had not only switched my service without my permission but the rate was double what they originally quoted. Now I have called them three times without being able to cancel because they are reviewing my recorded call, in other words, they are accusing me of lying about declining the offer. What a nightmare, I will NEVER listen to another phone soliciter again!!

Comments

• Bo
      1st of Dec, 2009

I had clear rate communications for over a year. It cost me more than verizon but I oculd actually tlak to a human and I was able to get rid of those annoying ph. calls from advertisers about 15 calls a wk. unsoliicited. I was told my bill would never go up. Then I recieved a bill this month for about 25 dollars more than it should have been and called them. I was basically given a friendly run around so I called verizon and switched and am now waiting on my final bill which I'll pay whne I feel like it. I would like to send the money I was told it would always be but I guess even though it's not right I'll have to pay the additional amount they tacked on.

• St
      17th of Dec, 2010

This company is a scam. Period.

• St
      17th of Dec, 2010

That is my opinion of course...

• Da
      20th of Dec, 2010

I thoroughly agree! Stay away from these people. Of course, we were lying also. As we told, it was on a recorded phone call that they "repeatedly" I Ded themselves as Clearrate communications well real fast and slyly maybe. Once burned twice shy to the tune of 120$. Your Welcome Dada

• Dr
      21st of Feb, 2011

I received a call from clear rate and was thoroughly convinced that they were part of verizon and were
    handling the long distance part of the bill..Didnt realize that I had been slammed until I received the bill!!!
    Anyway, I immediately switched back to verizon. I filed a complaint with BBB ( clear rate has over 110 complaints against them.) However, I will have to pay the final bill. Ive learned a valuable lesson..be very careful of who you talk to over phone!