Clairol / Changing dyes

I have used Clairol Nice and Easy Light Ash Blonde 102 for approximately 3/4 years. I have tried many of the blone ones in this range and many other hair dyes (Wella, Loreal, Garnier etc) and found Clairol 102 to be the best as it took out the reds in my hair. My hairdresser even commented on how natural it looks.

The packaging was changed a few weeks ago and I was aprehensive to use it but the website insisted it was just the box that had changed. I did as I always do, the same routine I have done every 8 weeks or so for 3/4 years (My hair has never been damaged by constant colouring either) and when my hair was dried it had a very obvious red tint to it.

Everyone has commented that my hair is looking ginger/red and i find this very upsetting as i now have to find a new hair dye and spend even more money at the hairdressers correcting it - the whole point of the self dye is to save money.

I am upset about the fact that they can just change something, probably because they have found a cheaper ingredient. They obviously wont change back to the original 102 colourings so can anyone suggest a new one or at least where i can get a stock of the old one?

Sa

Comments

• Da
      14th of Dec, 2010

Hi. I was reading through the messages on the board and came across your post. I work for Clairol and am sorry to hear you’re upset with your color after using Nice ‘n Easy Light Ash Blonde. We are hoping you’ll give us the chance to help make things right for you. Please contact us at 1-800-CLAIROL (1-800-252-4765), so we may assist you via a one-on-one consultation and help find a shade that might work better for you. Thank you.

• Sh
      5th of Sep, 2011

I've used Torrids for years! Platinum Lightening. A "this is equal to that" was given, but I don't see ANY silver within the color suggested. In fact, I see NO silver colors within your list of toners. Silver hair is very popular now days, so my suggestion is that you get with the program. I'm switching to a different brand.

• Ly
      5th of Feb, 2012

i just bought born blonde for blonde to black maxi blonde it did nothing but turn my hair red roots are blonde but rest is dark red... is there anything i can do to fix this awful mess!!! i want blonde hair not this red color it is just horible i have to wear a beenie cap to cover it up... product is not good .. its misleading. very misleading. now i got to spend more money to fix this mess it made.. have never been mislead before to this extreeme. its just horrible i stand to even loook aty it and i dont want anyone to look at it either.
    very upset lynn