CitiMortgage / scam and stealing!

1 NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-283-7918

CitiGroup bought my loan back in November of 06 and ever since then it has been a nightmare. They first stated off ok till they lost $500. They found it in someone else account. Then back in July of last year they lost $1000 still haven't found it and when my bank talked to them and asked why i wasn't up to date all they could say is i haven't paid this months bill. you see the part that confused me and my bank is all my payments are made though bill pay. My bank is trying to help them and tell them that the payments were sent out and that they received them and they wish all the late fees to be taken off my account and off my credit report.

And as far as we can see is all the payments have been made. Well i have now received a new letter stating that its not just $1000 in default but $2000! This company should be put out of business i though when you buy a home it should be good a joyous as long as you do your part of the deal... i guess not when Citi is involved!

This is the worst company in the world and no one should do business with them!

Va

Comments

• He
      26th of Feb, 2008

Citi Mortgage bought out our loan in 06 as well. Started off fine then to quote Citi they "missapplied a couple of our extra payments" Our records from the bank corrected them. Then a few months later we recieved an incorrect statement and were told to just cross out what was wrong and right down what was right, then they would correct it. Then after repeating this problem over and over again for 3 months it still wasn't accurate. During the 3 months we were making our payments to them with statements that had incorrect numbers crossed out on them. We come home one day and find a legal notice from an attorneys office that we were reported 6 months behind in our payments and that our home was in forclosure. We called the attorney immediately and explained the situation to them. Told them that we never get a straight answer and that we need get the same person twice even though we ask and have their operator number. The attorney looked at the file I had of statements and bank verified statements and said that is the worst case of "missapplied funds" he had since and it was obvious to him that we didn't belong in forclosure. The contacted Citi and it took Citi a week to get back to us. We are no longer in forclosure, however it is been 2 long months and they still don't have our principle balance corrected, our year end tax statement corrected and they still are missing one of our double payments that the bank can verfiy Citi recieved. Plus Citi is charging me 1,400 in third party fees due to the forclosure process. Our credit report is showing that we are 6 months behind still. When I call Citi they just transfer me from department to department. I get the same thing that we are working on it and some one in another department will get it noted and corrected for me. This happens over and over again. This has been a nightmare, if we didn't have clear records of this I think that it would have destroyed my marriage, because I do the books and it is hard to believe that a company could be so far wrong over and over again with their records. I am sorry to see so many other people experiencing the same nightmare as us. This company should close their doors for the horrible way they handle business.

28th of Apr, 2008

Citibank is a real nightmare to deal with. I scheduled my April mortgage payment by E-mail, because they left Puerto Rico and I don't have anywhere to deposit my mortgage payment, and they did not process my check . They told me that it was returned by the bank, but the bank statement does not show any returned checks. They told me to fax them the evidence and their fax number does not answer. How can such an institution still in business??

• Ra
      29th of Apr, 2008

Citimortgage SCAMS! They sent me a bill for escrow shortage, telling me because my taxs went up and my house payment was going up. I called the township that i live in and my taxs went down. I then called [censored]mortgage and was told they assumed my taxs were going up a 04% increase due to inflation, the township told me inflation for this year is 1.023%. I then called [censored]mortgage again and told them what my taxs are for the year and i want my payment to reflect the increase of 1.023% and not there charge of 04% and was pretty much told to get f ed. I told the representative that i refuse to make a payment that is more than my current payment and until they lower my payment back to what it was i will not be paying them.

• K
      16th of Jun, 2008

Everyone knows CitiMortgage is the biggest ### sucking company out there! THEY ARE PIGS AND THE GOVERNMENT ALLOWS THEM TO CONTINUE TO RAPE THE AMERICAN PUBLIC OF THE HOMES AND MONEY! THIS IS ALL PART OF THE BUSH AND CLINTON CARTELS AS THEY PUT THE WHEELS IN MOTION AND CONTINUE TO AID IN ALLOWING THEM TO CRUSH AMERICANS UNDER THE GUISE OF NON-PRIME OR SUBPRIME; ALL BS! REGULATORS ALLOW THESE ### TO STEAL HOMES WITHOUT JUST AND LEGAL CAUSE AND BY FRAUD; GO TO WWW.LIVINGLIES.COM! THEY ARE COMMITTING BANK FRAUD AND OUR GOVERNMENT IS ALLOWING THEM TO DO SO! READ ABOUT BANK FRAUD; IT INCLUDES FRAUDULENT BILLING AND FORECLOSURE ACTIONS AS THESE PIGS AND THEIR ### EMPLOYEES AND LAWYERS LOVE TO FILE!

• Sc
      15th of Oct, 2013

i have had this company since 06 and its been nothing but trouble from day one. This time they have hit below the belt, going through a modification loan and not any of the 50 plus people we dealt with could give us the same answer. While waiting for all the paper work to get to the right people are home was sold out from under us. We found out the home was bought by Citigroup.inc . we are still getting paper work from citimortgage that our loan is still being looked at . Doing every thing we were told to do by this company has left me my wife and four kids with no place to live and destroyed my credit.