CitiMortgage / misapplied payment

1 GA, United States Review updated:

I don't think it is a coincident that CitiMortgage made navigation changes to www.Citimortgage.com at the same time the Home Owners
Assistance Program. You must be current on your mortgage with no late payments in the last 12 months. I have used the above website for years to make my payments. I made no changes to my bank account or my Favorites where I saved the website link and personal information on CitiMortgage website. But "surprisely" my payment was processed as late where I was told it was due to how I made my paymemt. Having only one payment processed as late disqualifies me from refinancing my mortgage. The Customer Service was rude. I was accused of not having the money, changing my account information and going to the wrong website to make my payment. This back handed practice will keep alot of CitiMortgage from refinancing a lot of loans. How wonder how many other people had problems with last month's payment.

Comments

• Ti
      28th of May, 2009

My parents have their payment made by their CPA on the15th of each month. Citi is saying the May payment is late and there is a late fee. That check has cleared the bank. They paid the late fee and it has cleared the bank. They now will not process the June payment until the late fee has posted. They are holding out so that the May payment will be late thus another late fee. They had no problem until Citi took over their loan.