Citifinancial Retail Services / Suspicious fraudulent practice
I purchased a set of furniture fro the Furniture Outlet Store at Medford, MN on July 16, 2006. The Store provided me with a promotional plan by Citifinancial Retail Services which would allow me a period of 18 months to pay without interests until Jan. 16, 2008. I paid in full with a personal check in the amount of $2,264.19 dated Jan. 8 2008 and sent it out the same day along with a few other payments to other businesses. I used their provided payment coupon and sent to their Ohio P.O. Box Coulumbus. Citifinancial was the only one who claimed that my check did not reach them in time and sent me a bill dated Feb 5, 2008 for back-interests of $784.18 plus a periodic charge of $7.11. The bill reached me on Feb. 11, 2008. I called their inqury office in Tempe, AZ. I talked with diffferent people and finally got the person named Ria (who claimed to be the manager of Accounts, Custormer Services of Citifinancial Retail, but refused to give me his last name). I asked him to sent back my cancelled check. He said that the check was electronically cashed and was immediately destroyed afterward. He also suggested me to contact the postal office to find out when my was delivered to their Ohio P.O. Box. I finally obtained a copy from my own banker who made a few phone calls and was able to get me a photo image of my cancelled check within 24 hours. On the photo image of my cancelled check, we found, indeed the check was dated Jan. 8, 2008, and it was picked up by box lot and bundled with other checks and cahed it on Jan 23, 2008.
I believe they were holding my check until the deadline was past.
My wife and I are both in our seventies and are retired professionals. At our age we can hardly handle this kind of harassment and fraudulence. I would appciate very much if you can render hand to us in solving this problem. Thank you very much.
More Citifinancial Retail Services Complaints & Reviews
- Citifinancial Auto - Citifinancial auto breaks the law with reposessions 
- Citifinancial - They do not have an area to check your account balance. 
- Citifinancial Retail Services - Citifinancial jeopardizing my reputation 
- Citifinancial Auto Loan - Treated like deadbeats! 
- Citifinancial - Online & pay by phone method 
- CitiFinancial Servicing - personal loan application
- CitiFinancial Servicing - home depot credit card
- Citifinancial - cancellation of credit life without authorization and then when death certificate sent as requested selling the mortgage to bayview.
- CitiFinancial Servicing - trying to find a loan
- CitiFinancial Servicing - release of ohio auto title