Citifinancial Mortgage / Customer service is awful

My wife and I are trying to sell our house(built in 1950 needs work) the 1st is with WAMU and they are willing to do a short sale the problem is that Citifinancial will NOT remove the junior lien for $1, 000 (this is all WAMU's investors will allow to give Citi) we have offered to give CITI the junior lien position on a brand new home that we have in Alabama for the balance due. We have always paid Citi on time! We showed them the buyer's contract to buy the listing agreement and the short sale agreement from WAMu proving that WAMU will only give them $1, 000. Citi will not agree to recast our loan and move the lien to our other house!!! They want $9, 000 to settle the $15, 000 debt. If I had $9, 000 I would jump at that and the house wouldn't foreclose!!! I have been telling CITI for 4 months that I don't have that kind of money!!!1 No one will listen, I have called the district and regional manager and the office in Baltimore the guy there was really rude to me...the best part is today I receive a letter saying that they are trying to garnish my wages...so I am going to let WAMU foreclose and then CIT won't be able to garnish or collect another dime!!! So that is what they get for being GREEDY and RUDE!!!

Va

Comments

• Gl
      27th of Jul, 2008

I completely understand on how you are feeling. I am also going through this same situation with citimortgage. My first mortgage agreed to do the short sale. However, citimortgage wants $30, 000 and the primary mortagage is only willing to give $5, 000. My lawyers have beent trying to work over this deal for more than 4 months already. I really do not understand why they are being so difficult and their workeres are very rude. But don't worry, someday they will pay for what they are doing.

• Re
      12th of Aug, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

I take all that frustration away from you and create solutions that work. I know that it may be hard to swallow, but I do. I have done it for several people. And I can do it for you too. If you want more specifics or just want to talk to me, call my office at 888-453-1518 and check out the website, which is being updated with a few new options available. And this isn't just for people facing foreclosure, people that are current and want to pay off their home early, call me. I can and will help as many people as I am able to. What have you got to lose? Website address is http://RealtyMediationService.onlybusiness.com
    and if not for you, best of luck. In all your endeavors.

• Mk
      17th of Apr, 2009

So, just to understand what you're saying, you want them to accept $1, 000 to pay off a $15, 000 debt. They lent you $15, 000 dollars in good faith and you are upset because they will not accept less than 7% of the amount that they lent you? If you had lent someone $150 would you let them give you only $10 to pay off the debt? It seems to me that maybe you should be more angry at your first mortgage company for being so stingy with how much they are willing to pay the second mortgage.